Are the dispensaries spraying terpenes on the cheap weed?

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
So I smoke a lot of flower. When I run out of home grown I start buying from dispensaries usually twice a month or so. I like to hit up several stores to shop around and usually buy an ounce or two from each place. I usually buy the special priced oz and then some 1/2 oz of top shelf.

For years the cheap ounces usually were hit or miss. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much, lol. Sometimes you would find gems and think "Why is this so cheap? It's fire!" and other times, well you just straight up regretting what you bought as you feed it to the compost pile. Tasting and smelling what could only be mold. Thinking "How could someone screw this up so bad?"

Now as of late i have noticed that ounces in the $30-$60 range typically all now have the same smell. Like not bad, smells pretty good, kind of a Limonene citrus terp but I am thinking maybe that spray some kind of terpene on the cheap stuff to make it smell better? If so this is not cool man, what the hell am I smoking? Before you could at least see if it had a smell good or bad helping determine if you should buy or not. If they are spraying terpenes it is probably not even from cannabis. Have any of you stoners noticed this?

Attachments

• garbage_bear.jpg
    garbage_bear.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
Weed here in Cal is hit or miss when buying from the dispensary.

I have bought some awesome stuff recently (Bob Hope - Sativa, White Buffalo - Sativa) and a few with just no smell or taste at all.

I’m not sure if the good smelling things are natural or added, but you raise a great point. I’d like better visibility into what I’m smoking.

I would attribute it more to where the distributor bought the product that he's selling to the dispensary.

Most of the distributors that I used to work with would buy the bulk of their product from greenhouse/light dep growers. Cheap prices and decent quality for the most part. Nothing to write home about but barely acceptable.

Most of the greenhouse cultivators I know aren't really interested in finding that fire pheno. Volume and bag appeal.

Back
Top Bottom