Best strains for RSO cancer protocol?

GrowHobo

Ganja Guerrilla
Reaction score
Howdy folks, thanks for having me. Not how I wanted to make my first post but we recently found out that my mother in law has stage 4 lung cancer.

I was curious if anyone has any info on strains or terps that have been effective in Rso. I have several moms and elites I hold but most things I like are more sativa leaning or cookies like all the polyhybrids.

Google tells me Purple Kush but wtf is that even? I had a cut of what was called Humboldt Purple Kush 7 or 8 years ago but I guarantee it’s not anything like what’s available as PK on the generic seed banks right now.

I guess I’m looking for a heavy high thc % sit you the fuck down indica? Are there certain terps that are supposed to be more medicinal? I know all this shit is anecdotal and hard to verify. Any thoughts are appreciated and welcome.

If anyone has any info on a good seed line or even a clone they wanna get rid of I have a bunch of stuff I could trade but I’m willing to pay a reasonable price.

Apple Fritters, The Real Sour, Forum Gsc, Trop Cookies, Unicorn Poop, Gmo, Lemon G. All up for trades

I appreciate anyone taking the time to read all this.

Hey Bro,

Sorry to hear about your mom-in-law. I have some first hand experience and hope to be able to help you figure this out the best you can.

In August of 2021 I was diagnosed with throat cancer. We are not sure what stage it was in then, never got a biopsy but I had all the symptoms. I started seeing a holistic doctor who recommended Cannabis and against chemo, radiation and even taking a biopsy. I've been making my own RSO since then out of my homegrown but have never been able to keep up with my needs. I need 8 ounces a month and had to buy a lot from a local dispensary because I could not keep up with my needs growing...that is changing but it's a steep learning curve growing these plants. If it were not for the great folks here at this forum, I would not be where I am in my grows and I am super thankful for that, you are in the right place bro.

My advice for you is if your mom-in-law can afford it, go to the dispensaries and ask to see their strain lab test results. You are correct, you want to look at terpenes as well as high thc. Rick Simpson used to say get Indica strains but I am not sold on that. High thc as you can find but the medicinal secrets of this amazing plant are in the terps. You want to look for the following anit cancer, anti tumor terpenes.

Caryophyllene
Phellandrene
Humulene
Limonene
Terpinolene
Pinene
Ocimene
Phytol

Some are more common than others in Cannabis and are also grower dependent in that the same strain grown by different growers could have widely different tested levels of everything including terps and cannabinoids.

One other important thing that you should do if you can. Try for multiple strains that represent high levels of different anti cancer terps and you will get what they call the entorouge effect, much better than just getting all one strain.

If she cannot afford the dispensaries and you need to grow, that is where we can also help you. What I have found is it is very difficult to find good anticancer strains based on breeder descriptions. As I said, it's very much grower specific to be able to get the max potential from any strain.

First, I would go full on hydro, RDWC if you can. You will see the fastest growth and the biggest yields this way. I wish I would have had this one piece of advice when I first started.

Second, your strains. Yes, you want to be careful about this and get the best you can. What I have found in my experience is that some "elite" strains are really elite....what I mean is they have high thc and terp ceilings and as a grower, much more potential for awesome terps and a lot of them. Because I am fighting cancer with mostly my own homegrown now, I do have my flower tested at a local lab and I can see exactly what is in my medicine. So called elite strains have consistently out performed very popular strains in my garden.

This is a huge subject and I am probably forgetting a lot of details but this should get you off to a good start and I will be around to help in any way I can. If it's better for you, we can also talk over the phone, send me a DM and I will get you my number.

Edit- I realized I had a typo in my original post, instead of being diagnosed in 2001, it should have been 2021. I have fixed the post above to reflect this.

Last edited:
Yea, thanks Smoke, we will help where we can.

I am also reminded that @Anthem275 can also help with elite strains and is an awesome bro. When he has time, I am sure he will chime in and offer whatever help he can in the strain department.

Hey Bro,

Sorry to hear about your mom-in-law. I have some first hand experience and hope to be able to help you figure this out the best you can.

In August of 2001 I was diagnosed with throat cancer. We are not sure what stage it was in then, never got a biopsy but I had all the symptoms. I started seeing a holistic doctor who recommended Cannabis and against chemo, radiation and even taking a biopsy. I've been making my own RSO since then out of my homegrown but have never been able to keep up with my needs. I need 8 ounces a month and had to buy a lot from a local dispensary because I could not keep up with my needs growing...that is changing but it's a steep learning curve growing these plants. If it were not for the great folks here at this forum, I would not be where I am in my grows and I am super thankful for that, you are in the right place bro.

My advice for you is if your mom-in-law can afford it, go to the dispensaries and ask to see their strain lab test results. You are correct, you want to look at terpenes as well as high thc. Rick Simpson used to say get Indica strains but I am not sold on that. High thc as you can find but the medicinal secrets of this amazing plant are in the terps. You want to look for the following anit cancer, anti tumor terpenes.

Caryophyllene
Phellandrene
Humulene
Limonene
Terpinolene
Pinene
Ocimene
Phytol

Some are more common than others in Cannabis and are also grower dependent in that the same strain grown by different growers could have widely different tested levels of everything including terps and cannabinoids.

One other important thing that you should do if you can. Try for multiple strains that represent high levels of different anti cancer terps and you will get what they call the entorouge effect, much better than just getting all one strain.

If she cannot afford the dispensaries and you need to grow, that is where we can also help you. What I have found is it is very difficult to find good anticancer strains based on breeder descriptions. As I said, it's very much grower specific to be able to get the max potential from any strain.

First, I would go full on hydro, RDWC if you can. You will see the fastest growth and the biggest yields this way. I wish I would have had this one piece of advice when I first started.

Second, your strains. Yes, you want to be careful about this and get the best you can. What I have found in my experience is that some "elite" strains are really elite....what I mean is they have high thc and terp ceilings and as a grower, much more potential for awesome terps and a lot of them. Because I am fighting cancer with mostly my own homegrown now, I do have my flower tested at a local lab and I can see exactly what is in my medicine. So called elite strains have consistently out performed very popular strains in my garden.

This is a huge subject and I am probably forgetting a lot of details but this should get you off to a good start and I will be around to help in any way I can. If it's better for you, we can also talk over the phone, send me a DM and I will get you my number.
Hey wow I appreciate your input thank you so much, sorry you’ve had to go through it first hand. That’s far more than I hoped to get on the first reply again thank you. You confirmed a lot of what I suspected. My gut was telling me high thc and terp blends was a better way to go than one specific strain.

Maybe I will just use some of the strains I already have. I know several will put up numbers when dialed in. I’m currently running a synganic coco and compost setup with a mostly hydro blend. Less than 10% compost and occasional compost extract watered in, just enough to get the flavor from the organic inputs. I get good growth rates though. I appreciate the suggestions again thank you.

Welcome growhobo.

It’s a little frustrating because there is no roadmap on this sort of thing. Cancer is not one thing. People are not all the same. Just because a strain is named the same as something you read about does not mean it is the same medicinally.

So what do you do?

Focus on how they make her feel is my advice. Does she want couch lock?

I also would not hang all my hopes on getting the cannabis thing right and add additional therapies. Everything should be considered.

Welcome growhobo.

It’s a little frustrating because there is no roadmap on this sort of thing. Cancer is not one thing. People are not all the same. Just because a strain is named the same as something you read about does not mean it is the same medicinally.

So what do you do?

Focus on how they make her feel is my advice. Does she want couch lock?

I also would not hang all my hopes on getting the cannabis thing right and add additional therapies. Everything should be considered.
Hey Moe thank you. We are definitely considering all options, we just figured y not try cannabis in addition to whatever else she decides, at least that’s something I can take care of and she needs to gain weight. Definitely not putting it all on it though. She has a second opinion at Siteman Cancer Center soon.

Thanks everybody we appreciate the good vibes.

Back
Top Bottom