booster fan vs inline exhaust fan

budsofmadison

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
so i got an ac infininity 6 inch booster fan blowing fresh air into my tent
i have a 6 inch spider farmer exhaust fan blowing air out
with both fans at full throttle, the 6 inch booster fan is blowing more air in my 3x3 tent then what the 6 inch spider farmer exhaust can take out does that make sense should the 6 inch exhaust fan be taking out more air then a 6 inch booster fan can blow in

so i got an ac infininity 6 inch booster fan blowing fresh air into my tent
i have a 6 inch spider farmer exhaust fan blowing air out
with both fans at full throttle, the 6 inch booster fan is blowing more air in my 3x3 tent then what the 6 inch spider farmer exhaust can take out does that make sense should the 6 inch exhaust fan be taking out more air then a 6 inch booster fan can blow in

It would depend on the CFM rating of each, but usually the booster fans are lower than exhaust fans. Could also have to do with ducting hooked to it. With a carbon filter & a decent length run to outdoor & possibly another restriction at the vent termination vs an intake with no duct it's possible a lower cfm fan will actually move more air.

You did say "with both fans full throttle" ... does that mean both are variable speed? If so, balance it out by turning down the intake fan bringing air into your tent.

You did say "with both fans full throttle" ... does that mean both are variable speed? If so, balance it out by turning down the intake fan bringing air into your tent.
yea there both variable but it seems to me the exhaust should be the dominate fan here lol
right now the booster fan is set at 1/4 power
the exhaust fan is 3/4 power
so i do have the balanced out like that

yea there both variable but it seems to me the exhaust should be the dominate fan here lol
right now the booster fan is set at 1/4 power
the exhaust fan is 3/4 power
so i do have the balanced out like that
Circle back to what @Scotty 420 was saying about the length of the run, the turns in that run and the carbon filter ... those are all restrictions to the air flow.

If you have to replace it, then consider using one of the AC Infinity Cloudline fan systems with the UIS 69 controller.

If you have to replace it, then consider using one of the AC Infinity Cloudline fan systems with the UIS 69 controller.
there is no consideration i have the ac infinity cloudline 6 inch exhaust in my 4x4 been using it 2 years lol i did have the booster fan in that tent and when i did the booster could not keep up with the exhaust but in my 3x3 it seems different

There's a number of good reasons to filter that air. It doesn't need to be a carbon filter. Just a filter to keep out dust and such.
i know that too but right now i have no money i got sick last year and cant work anymore im waiting on ssi disability there a good chance this is my last year growing anyway lol

yea i know all that changes things the only turns in the duct is from the filter coming out the tent
Yeah I wouldn't think a short run to a filter should cause that much of a loss

i really think this exhaust fan is starting to go out , i wish i new a way to check it
They do make meters to check the CFM, you can get them on amazon for like $30

Why do you need a booster fan? I run the T6 in my 5 x 5 and it exchanges plenty of air.

I have the exhaust fan mounted on the roof of the tent sucking air out while the bottom vents flow air into the tent and up through the canopy.

In case you don't know you want 3 air exchanges a minute minimum in your tent. Mine is a 5' x 5' x 6.5'. That gives me 162.5 cubic feet of space. I have the same ACI T6 you have. It maxes at 402 cfm. 162.5 x 3 = 487.5 cfm. I need a bigger fan. I'm looking at the T8 as a replacement. It puts out 807 cfm.

Why do you need a booster fan? I run the T6 in my 5 x 5 and it exchanges plenty of air.

I have the exhaust fan mounted on the roof of the tent sucking air out while the bottom vents flow air into the tent and up through the canopy.

In case you don't know you want 3 air exchanges a minute minimum in your tent. Mine is a 5' x 5' x 6.5'. That gives me 162.5 cubic feet of space. I have the same ACI T6 you have. It maxes at 402 cfm. 162.5 x 3 = 487.5 cfm. I need a bigger fan. I'm looking at the T8 as a replacement. It puts out 807 cfm.
I figured he was probably trying to move more air to keep things cooler. With summer approaching, it gets harder to keep grow room temps in check.

the ac fan is good in my 4x4 so u think a 6 inch exhaust would be too much for a 3 x3

That would be tough to do.

I am a homeowner, but I wouldn't be growing if it weren't legal. I started growing under a med card but when we went full recreational, I didn't bother to renew it.
well is not legal here but there not gonna go out looking for 5 or 6 plants they want big commercial grows and i can barely grow enough for me to smoke lol but i wouldn't want to do it if im renting from someone i dont know , if u get caught with an oz or under u get a ticket to appear in court u dont go to jail anymore lol anything over an oz u get arrested .

my tents are in my bedroom so i can not leave the vents open on the tents so i been using booster fans

well is not legal here but there not gonna go out looking for 5 or 6 plants they want big commercial grows and i can barely grow enough for me to smoke lol but i wouldn't want to do it if im renting from someone i dont know , if u get caught with an oz or under u get a ticket to appear in court u dont go to jail anymore lol anything over an oz u get arrested .
I guess that's a little bit of progress ... Hopefully full rec legal is around the corner for you

the ac fan is good in my 4x4 so u think a 6 inch exhaust would be too much for a 3 x3
Not at all. The more exchanges the better. My tent is in an office "Lung Room" so I can control temp and humidity easier along with keeping them in the dark by using black out curtains so I can leave my bottom vents open but I also veil them by putting stuff in front of them with enough room for air to flow but not light to penetrate into the tent. I used to use cardboard boxes with one end cut out so that I could shield the air vents and block light from entering the tent while still having plenty of air flow.

Back
Top Bottom