Bug with the 69 pro

GrumpAzz

Wingin' it
Staff member
Contest Guy
Reaction score
These spikes are weird and I've been battling them for a while now. They occur when the measurement is falling and crosses a whole number. Say the temp reaches 78.0 on it's way down. The controller will show 77.0 before it shows 77.9. This just makes me have to set the heater at 77 to keep the temp at 78. Not detrimental, just annoying.Screenshot_20230711_141514_AC Infinity.jpg
Anybody else having to deal with this? It's been updated a few times. Firmware as well as the app.

These spikes are weird and I've been battling them for a while now. They occur when the measurement is falling and crosses a whole number. Say the temp reaches 78.0 on it's way down. The controller will show 77.0 before it shows 77.9. This just makes me have to set the heater at 77 to keep the temp at 78. Not detrimental, just annoying.View attachment 12811
Anybody else having to deal with this? It's been updated a few times. Firmware as well as the app.
I have seen that too

I have seen that too
I've had several things happen with mine initially. Light controls were flaky with the RJ14 adaptor dongle. The same temperature issues mentioned above, and a few other annoyances. The last firmware update took care of a lot of things except the temperature issue. I haven't been using mine since May because all my plants are outside.

The unit isn't perfect, but its pretty good and with a few more software updates, hopefully the bugs won't exist anymore.

The unit isn't perfect, but its pretty good and with a few more software updates, hopefully the bugs won't exist anymore.
For sure. I'm tickled with it's overall performance. Just wanted to see if anyone out there found a fix or if I'm just stuck waiting for it to go away.

From what I understand one of these little jobs can control four of the Cloudray fans and make them all do different things like speed, temp control, and oscillate.
Is that correct?
I have a 69 pro and four Cloudray S6's on the way and I wanna create an air moving dance party with this system šŸ˜‹

These spikes are weird and I've been battling them for a while now. They occur when the measurement is falling and crosses a whole number. Say the temp reaches 78.0 on it's way down. The controller will show 77.0 before it shows 77.9. This just makes me have to set the heater at 77 to keep the temp at 78. Not detrimental, just annoying.View attachment 12811
as a programmer in training (get my BS in DEC 2023) this shit pisses me off to no end!! it makes me wonder the amount of testing they did during development...

Of course here it is obvious where the programming logic bug is, but it just baffles me how this happens in the real world and i'm being taught this is the most obvious thing to look for in school. Is it because of the region the software is developed... I can't say.

@GrumpAzz this is BS and i would bitch for financial compensation on the obvious software programming glitch/bug/oversight. at the very least customer service won't know wtf you're talking about and refund you and let you keep everything.

@GrumpAzz this is BS and i would bitch for financial compensation on the obvious software programming glitch/bug/oversight. at the very least customer service won't know wtf you're talking about and refund you and let you keep everything.
We had a thread started over at the Farm, one AC infinity was brought into, but I'll never know how that turned out...

From what I understand one of these little jobs can control four of the Cloudray fans and make them all do different things like speed, temp control, and oscillate.
Is that correct?
I have a 69 pro and four Cloudray S6's on the way and I wanna create an air moving dance party with this system šŸ˜‹
I believe you can achieve said dance party, my man. The controller can run 4 ports all with various setpoints.

These spikes are weird and I've been battling them for a while now. They occur when the measurement is falling and crosses a whole number. Say the temp reaches 78.0 on it's way down. The controller will show 77.0 before it shows 77.9. This just makes me have to set the heater at 77 to keep the temp at 78. Not detrimental, just annoying.
I'm trying to understand what's happening. Mine shows tenths of a degree. I set my display to three hours, like yours is in your picture. The temperature line shows an expected saw-tooth pattern until the light came on at 9 AM. If I tap the display, it will report in tenths.

1689185585012.jpeg

I'm trying to understand what's happening. Mine shows tenths of a degree. I set my display to three hours, like yours is in your picture. The temperature line shows an expected saw-tooth pattern until the light came on at 9 AM. If I tap the display, it will report in tenths.

View attachment 13013
Just to be clear.. Are you trying to understand what's happening with MY chart or YOURS?

Mine just shows a somewhat consistent sawtoothing with a whole degree drop every so often. It's not actually dropping a whole degree, just reporting it. If I watch in real time, the numbers read 78.2 to 78.1 to 78.0 then 77.0 for some stupid reason then back up to 77.9 to 77.8.

I'll try to get a screen recording of it happening tonight but it, ironically, hasn't behaved the same today...lame

I think a lot of that saw-tooth is a result of looking at an hourly view of your parameters. I view my graphs by day when Iā€™m interested in looking at them.

They seem different to me, so, perhaps the question would be why they are. That is, unless I completely misunderstand everything. That could be.
I would say your system is fairly consistant until the light comes on and acts as a constant/broad source of heat.

My shit fluctuates constantly because I don't have any buffer on my setpoints. Looking at your chart, I'd guess you have a couple degree buffer set. Your heat and humidity outputs are pretty consistent, though.

As for humidity.. I have no fucking clue how it correlates with the light but my guess would be, again, a broad source of heat. The light will heat more of the air than your heater's relatively direct heating of just the air immediately in front of it. Like maybe your heater is in tune with the intake/exhaust vortex? Someone smarter than me... Help!

Is it your probe? Mine does that sometimes on the Cont 67.
Could be, I suppose. I'm still on team fucked up programming with Ninja. It does it at the break of every whole number. Heat and humidity both.

Either way, it's not annoying enough to fork over the dough for a new probe on a hunch that it MAY remedy the issue. It just makes my chart somewhat inaccurate when zooming out.

Looking at your chart, I'd guess you have a couple degree buffer set.
That's a good guess. I do indeed have a 2Āŗ buffer set on the heat. I also have a 2% buffer on the humidity.

As for humidity.. I have no fucking clue how it correlates with the light but my guess would be, again, a broad source of heat. The light will heat more of the air than your heater's relatively direct heating of just the air immediately in front of it. Like maybe your heater is in tune with the intake/exhaust vortex?
I have radiator-type oil heaters in my tents. They provide steady heat because they stay warm for a while after the power is turned off.

Humidity negatively correlates with temperature. When the temperature increases the humidity decreases. So, heat from the light will lower the humidity.

Someone smarter than me... Help!
Using the Controller 69 Pro is frustrating for me. I just looked at mine again and no data was showing at all. Stopping and starting the app fixed the problem, but I don't think that should be necessary. My impression of these controllers is that they're good hardware, but firmware testing is inadequate. They do fixes, though.

Humidity negatively correlates with temperature. When the temperature increases the humidity decreases. So, heat from the light will lower the humidity
Nice. See I could've surely googled that, but an actual learning experience sticks better. Thanks.
Using the Controller 69 Pro is frustrating for me. I just looked at mine again and no data was showing at all. Stopping and starting the app fixed the problem, but I don't think that should be necessary. My impression of these controllers is that they're good hardware, but firmware testing is inadequate. They do fixes, though.
I've had to reset the app several times a day. It's mostly habitual at this point. I have a problem with different screens showing different readings. From the home screen to the port screen and also the chart. THAT'S annoying for sure.

All of it is bearable, considering the amount of work I would have to do without it, but damn.

Back
Top Bottom