can i top 2 weeks into 12/12

dean1963

Bud Brawler
Reaction score
my mutant gorilla glue is starting to have me worried about high the potential of either mildew or or bud rot.
this top bud thing is the main concern i have. as you can hopefully see, i think all the top branches grew as 1.
coming close to 1 inch wide and 1/2 inch thick now.
what would happen if i topped the entire top off?
the rest of her looks good.
i've been taking tons of leaves off because it was growing 4 or 5 in the spot there should have been 1

Attachments

• 20230604_124552_HDR.jpg
    20230604_124552_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Look up fasciation, thats whats going on here. Its also referred to as crowning.
Its relatively common imo, and i would just let it go.
I have 3 or 4 branches that did it on my current grow

If you're wicked concerned you could always just the whole thing off..

thanks goodshit, i looked it up and is rare but has no upsides to it. deformed top bud and such.
what do you think would happen if i cut it off ?
besides stressing the girl do you think it would direct more energy to the other buds?
i can just see rot or mildew happening there as it's so dense

thanks goodshit, i looked it up and is rare but has no upsides to it. deformed top bud and such.
what do you think would happen if i cut it off ?
besides stressing the girl do you think it would direct more energy to the other buds?
i can just see rot or mildew happening there as it's so dense
I dont think it would cause too much stress, i wouldnt wait much longer if you're going to cut it off though because anything cut off after like 21 days is a stress risk imo.

Reactions: Max
The ones i have arent nearly as thing stemmed as yours, and they self topped so the crown is actually 6 inches below the tops lol.

it crowns just above my fingers.
20230522_203347.jpg

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom