Far led lights are these pucks any good?

Pipecarver

POTM Winner
Reaction score
I've been searching for far red lights in Canada and Amzon $600+ for 2 4 ft strip lights....Nope....Cree has QB lights including $300 shipping. Then I came upon these Far red Initiator pucks $29.
1684423373460.png

They also have Blue, Red, Green pucks. They claim i puck is good for a 3x3 and 2 in a 4x4 They measure 2.5"x2.5" and run off a 12v adapter.....https://rapidled.com/products/far-red-initiator-puck

Any thoughts on these little lights?? It maybe all I need for the far red effect at lights out.

Okay then, no one wants to answer me about these pucks....Fk it I ordered 1 without your help...lol......$71USA = $100cdn with 12v adapter, special lens, and mounting bracket. The reviews on their site all give it top marks and if its good for a 3x3 then I guess I'll find out for myself.

Sorry Pipe. I'm getting overwhelmed with activity here and not keeping up. Yesterday was a big day at work and I was not around much.

Back at the old place Milson did some experimenting with these. He found them to work locally. Not enough light for making changes to a whole grow, but you can focus them on a side of a plant and see the morphology difference between the 2.

Sorry Pipe. I'm getting overwhelmed with activity here and not keeping up. Yesterday was a big day at work and I was not around much.

Back at the old place Milson did some experimenting with these. He found them to work locally. Not enough light for making changes to a whole grow, but you can focus them on a side of a plant and see the morphology difference between the 2.
No sweat Moe I was just being an ass. It says 1 is good for a 3x3 and 2 for a 4x4.....Wtf...$100 bucks, my lights have been free so I don't feel too bad spending $100 to see if it has any effect at all.

I’ have mentioned I’ve used these on another post..while they do speed up bud onset by 4-5 days the ladies stretched 2’ in a day in my setup through stretch.I could not see any difference right through grow compared to not using them.Enforcers runs these and said they shave a week off his flowering times…when I took them out in the following grow bout 10 days in flower stretch went back to 1’ a day.if you can go over to thc farmer you will see them in my “madmax first time in coco coir” diary .

Attachments

• 73059648-485B-4192-A53C-138C4F33700C.webp
    191.7 KB · Views: 5
  • B5313A08-5AFE-460D-9EDC-33B89893A909.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 4
  • B0CB69BA-B793-4435-B8CE-35F348079404.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 3
I'll have to wait another month to install it when my 3x3 is finished . Its pretty small and I can't imagine the beam from it being very wide 2 is probably right even for a 3x3. I think for those of you in the states for $29 + $5 -12v transformer and what ever that special lens is $5 + mounting bracket that I probably don't need $5 and no international shipping charges it would be a cheap way to add Far red......start small ...lol

just another toy. to try, and it fit into my monthly budget for my growing.

I think it was a tad over 300 Aussie $ with freight included…I ran these for 15 mins when lights went off.the only reason I stopped was because they were just stretching too much for my liking.

I’ have mentioned I’ve used these on another post..while they do speed up bud onset by 4-5 days the ladies stretched 2’ in a day in my setup through stretch.I could not see any difference right through grow compared to not using them.Enforcers runs these and said they shave a week off his flowering times…when I took them out in the following grow bout 10 days in flower stretch went back to 1’ a day.if you can go over to thc farmer you will see them in my “madmax first time in coco coir” diary .
Hey thanks, I have 4 - 4ft red led strip lights. I've tried them in flower but I didn't see any change, I tried them in veg and they made my plants stretch out too much too fast too quickly for my space so I stopped using them. I've had an itch for red in the grow for some reason and after seeing a few YT video's I thought I'd look into them. stretching is not my friend in the 3x3 its short as it is but I like the idea of a faster turn around. I'm going 11 weeks now regularly. I'd like to get back to 9 -10 weeks if a 7w light can help wtf $100 for a test run.....

I'd have to use a VPN to get back into the other place,............ fker put a hate on me for some reason.

if you run more than one you need that adapter which is extra.in my first pic.you probably know that though 😄You could maybe run them to get the buds starting earlier then maybe switch them off the remainder of stretch and then once stretch has finished get them going again? That’s something I never tried.

if you run more than one you need that adapter which is extra.in my first pic.you probably know that though 😄You could maybe run them to get the buds starting earlier then maybe switch them off the remainder of stretch and then once stretch has finished get them going again? That’s something I never tried.
Ya I saw that splitter and power supply you have there, A good price even with exchange....Whats that Carclo 10613 Lens do you know? it was a $5 addon so I figured I'd better get it I don't want no regular lens, Carclo sounds exotic and # 10613 wow that's a lot of improvements from #1

ok this is obviously probably too far lol. ^

reptile bulbs maybe

ok this is obviously probably too far lol. ^

reptile bulbs maybe

Yes it is a bit too far.....I think.....I just looked at the pucks and they are at 730nm and the strips say 850nm...Its all new to me so I know not about any of it yet. Its all a game....like 196 solo cups in a tent......lol

Yes it is a bit too far.....I think.....I just looked at the pucks and they are at 730nm and the strips say 850nm...Its all new to me so I know not about any of it yet. Its all a game....like 196 solo cups in a tent......lol
Hahaha

Yea the 850 will probably be too far lol.

700-770nm for red photo

Anything above that I've not seen anything about photo response passed thay wavelength

I saw Spderfarmer came out with some 30/40w UV/IR bars that clip onto their lights, I think they were around $80. Not sure if the spectrums are what you're looking for but I thought it might be of interest nonetheless.
I have 2 sets of the UV/IR bars from Growers Choice, one set for each of my E720. They come in pairs. Unfortunately, they can only be used with Grower's Choice lighting. What makes these different from SpiderFarmer's offering is that Grower's Choice is using UVB at about 310nm. SpiderFarmer's light is UVA at about 380nm - 400nm. The UVA is useful light but it's UVB that stimulates resin production.

As for Reds/Far Reds for mimicking the Emmerson Effect, look at Grow Daddy LEDs. They aren't cheap but they are probably closer to what you're looking for if you're trying to stimulate flower production.

Unfortunately neither the Grower's Choice UV/IR and the Grow Daddy lights are perfect solutions ... They both have their pros and cons.

I have 2 sets of the UV/IR bars from Growers Choice, one set for each of my E720. They come in pairs. Unfortunately, they can only be used with Grower's Choice lighting. What makes these different from SpiderFarmer's offering is that Grower's Choice is using UVB at about 310nm. SpiderFarmer's light is UVA at about 380nm - 400nm. The UVA is useful light but it's UVB that stimulates resin production.

As for Reds/Far Reds for mimicking the Emmerson Effect, look at Grow Daddy LEDs. They aren't cheap but they are probably closer to what you're looking for if you're trying to stimulate flower production.

Unfortunately neither the Grower's Choice UV/IR and the Grow Daddy lights are perfect solutions ... They both have their pros and cons.
funny they chose 380-400nm

as you stated why.

should they even bother including UV? at that point? if they are going to use UVA instead of UVB ?
UVA is use-able light. Your plants do need some ... but its also usually already part of the spectrum in your LED grow light. I think some of these companies are marketing fads and aren't so concerned about its performances. As long as their lights work well enough to sell, they are happy.

Migro and California Lightworks sells UVB lighting using a T-5 fixture and UVB florescent tube. They aren't very high wattage (don't need them to be), but they do produce the light in the UVB spectrum

UVA is use-able light. Your plants do need some ... but its also usually already part of the spectrum in your LED grow light. I think some of these companies are marketing fads and aren't so concerned about its performances. As long as their lights work well enough to sell, they are happy.

Migro and California Lightworks sells UVB lighting using a T-5 fixture and UVB florescent tube. They aren't very high wattage (don't need them to be), but they do produce the light in the UVB spectrum
gotcha.

Thank you for the info Grampa. CWL is actually the company I've been eyeballing for my next light upgrade.
I have the CLW UVB lamp. I'm not crazy about it. I bought 2. 1 works, the other doesn't anymore. They just feel cheap. With that said, I have never used any of the CLW LED Grow Light systems. (I have a pair of E720's and a Nanolux 630w foldable.) I have been hearing rumblings that Nanolux is about to release a line of tune-able technology grow lights.

thatd be great, the only ones i know are the Scynce LEDs, but those are $800-2k or so.
I'm not sure NanoLux is going to sell these at any lower price points. I was talking to one of the guys at Grow Generation last time in. I saw they still had those 630w foldables on clearance for $399. I love the light. It's light-weight, easy to use, and completely lights a 5 x 5 tent. It can be linked with the UIS 69 controller by using the RJ14 dongle adapter. Best part is I only paid $350 for it on a black friday sale.

Anyway, I asked him why they were selling that light so cheap and that's when he told me to look for the release of their up and coming tune-able lineup.

I'm not sure NanoLux is going to sell these at any lower price points. I was talking to one of the guys at Grow Generation last time in. I saw they still had those 630w foldables on clearance for $399. I love the light. It's light-weight, easy to use, and completely lights a 5 x 5 tent. It can be linked with the UIS 69 controller by using the RJ14 dongle adapter. Best part is I only paid $350 for it on a black friday sale.

Anyway, I asked him why they were selling that light so cheap and that's when he told me to look for the release of their up and coming tune-able lineup.
a 630w for 350$ not bad at all.

a 630w for 350$ not bad at all.
It was an impulse buy, but I don't regret it. It allowed me to give my free SF4000 to my son in law who will use it. I didn't like it. Regardless of what the manufacturer says about how much tent it can light ... I just found it "not good." Too hot in the middle and too cold around the sides. You notice these things once you've had a few runs under bar lights.

Now everyone has their preference I agree but I think if you put a bar light in one tent and a quantum board in the other ... both same wattage ... after a few runs, the grower will prefer the bar light. At least that's how it worked for me. I have a stack of 240w Kingbrites sitting on a shelf unused.

It was an impulse buy, but I don't regret it. It allowed me to give my free SF4000 to my son in law who will use it. I didn't like it. Regardless of what the manufacturer says about how much tent it can light ... I just found it "not good." Too hot in the middle and too cold around the sides. You notice these things once you've had a few runs under bar lights.

Now everyone has their preference I agree but I think if you put a bar light in one tent and a quantum board in the other ... both same wattage ... after a few runs, the grower will prefer the bar light. At least that's how it worked for me. I have a stack of 240w Kingbrites sitting on a shelf unused.
They keep moms and veg plants just fine , I know you got it’s about the same time I got my kingbrites - you’re correct there’s much better for flower - interested in selling them ? I may know someone

They keep moms and veg plants just fine , I know you got it’s about the same time I got my kingbrites - you’re correct there’s much better for flower - interested in selling them ? I may know someone
At this point, I'm not sure. My son has talked about taking some of the equipment off my hands. I won't get any money from them from him (I haven't asked), but I might get some much needed help on some construction projects I have.

Back
Top Bottom