Greenpoint Seeds

Gu~

Greenpoint Seeds
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I'm super excited to be all set up at the new farm in Ocala, Florida. We are licensed to grow just seed here, but we'll certainly have our hands full. I've been at it since February, upgrading the greenhouse and setting up the pampered outdoor area. It's really a huge step in the right direction for me as I finally take Greenpoint out of the black market. The 2018 Farm Bill classifies seed as hemp, so here I am, with a license and a farm in Florida, back home from Colorado 10 years later with a licensed weed business. Just like I planned when I packed up my bedroom grow in 2013 and headed out west. October marks 10 years in business, and the next 10 are looking mighty promising.

As for personnel, I've hired and fired a lot of people. It's taken roughly 5 or 6 people cycling through a position to find the right person. Each person has helped the business grow and certainly has helped me grow. A lot of those people go off and start their own thing. I find a lot of satisfaction knowing that they gained enough knowledge and insight working with me that they are confident enough to try it themselves.

So what's next? I actually listened to the Phylos Bioscience CEO interview. Whatever you think about them, they just raised millions of dollars from people who are going to want their money back. And do you know what his plan was? Actually breeding lines and improving strains. Driscoll's is a berry producer in your local grocery store. They've been around for decades, but did you know what they are doing? Only in the last few years have they actually tried to breed better berries. Now they've released a new premium berry line called "Sweetest Batch," and customers love it.

I don't claim to be the most original person, but damn, I'm observant, and I take action. I understand you want better weed. Whatever that means, however many different variations of better there are, I'm going to find them. Liam Neeson style.

I'm super excited to be all set up at the new farm in Ocala, Florida. We are licensed to grow just seed here, but we'll certainly have our hands full. I've been at it since February, upgrading the greenhouse and setting up the pampered outdoor area. It's really a huge step in the right direction for me as I finally take Greenpoint out of the black market. The 2018 Farm Bill classifies seed as hemp, so here I am, with a license and a farm in Florida, back home from Colorado 10 years later with a licensed weed business. Just like I planned when I packed up my bedroom grow in 2013 and headed out west. October marks 10 years in business, and the next 10 are looking mighty promising.

As for personnel, I've hired and fired a lot of people. It's taken roughly 5 or 6 people cycling through a position to find the right person. Each person has helped the business grow and certainly has helped me grow. A lot of those people go off and start their own thing. I find a lot of satisfaction knowing that they gained enough knowledge and insight working with me that they are confident enough to try it themselves.

So what's next? I actually listened to the Phylos Bioscience CEO interview. Whatever you think about them, they just raised millions of dollars from people who are going to want their money back. And do you know what his plan was? Actually breeding lines and improving strains. Driscoll's is a berry producer in your local grocery store. They've been around for decades, but did you know what they are doing? Only in the last few years have they actually tried to breed better berries. Now they've released a new premium berry line called "Sweetest Batch," and customers love it.

I don't claim to be the most original person, but damn, I'm observant, and I take action. I understand you want better weed. Whatever that means, however many different variations of better there are, I'm going to find them. Liam Neeson style.

Woah @Gu~ , cool to see you make your way to this forum!
Long time grower and advocate for GPS here, collector of fine genetics, and reverse auction sniper:cool:

IMG_7547[1].jpeg
Interesting you mention Phylos Bioscience. I don't think there has ever been a group that has been both loved and hated from the results of their work. I think the idea they were started up to steal genetics and patent them was way overblown but their work certainly pulled back the curtain on what's really in many crosses. That whole thing is probably suited for another thread but curious about your opinion on their work.

So I've never been one to write reviews or any of that. Just grow and grow some more and what stands out will rise to the top.
But I'll offer you this opinion from a very loyal customer going back to the black market days since you're here..
IMO, Things have kinda dropped off a bit in the recent year or two man. There's been some hits as usual but there's also been an increase in mutants and reports of hermies.
These were issues that had never come up but also ez to sweep aside due to the low cost of most packs + they're issues that are common among most breeders today.
And the strains produced, well what used to be 9s and 10s from Y'all has dropped down mostly into the 7s and 8s with a few 9-10s peppered in there for me. Like for every DipNStix, there's few Banana Fruit Cakes that just don't hit as well.
I've taken this as a shit happens man and not everything will be an incredible one hitter quitter and that's what makes those special strains so elite. They're just rare and getting rarer but I admit I do enjoy the unicorn hunt. I'd just like to catch more of the elusive critters;)

I wish you well and much success in your future endeavors. Id' keep following the Headband and OG Kush trails and maybe sideline the AC crosses for another cookie or dawg. I'd also like to see you guys work with more haze

For me, the golden era of GPS was just a few years ago when the strains were named as if they were from a Clint Eastwood Western film. I believe most were Stardawg crosses.
Is there any chances at all some of these on my want list could make a comeback....
Gunslinger
Purple Outlaw
Barn Burner
Bounty Hunter
Bodega Bubblegum
Doc Holiday
Ghost Town

Thanks for your time and I'll be looking forward to what comes next for you. ✌️🤘🖖

I think Phylos and the original guy with the Pokémon first name were a scam 100%. It probably didn’t start off as one, but they don’t sell seedling sex test kits or offer genetic mapping anymore. They took all those cuts under the mapping sequence guise, and now they are making seeds. The CEO sounded very defeated that he’d have to do the hard work of selective breeding over longer time periods. He said this as if the stock market-type investors don’t like businesses that deal in three- and four-year timelines; they want three- and four-quarter timelines. Cannabis genetics just take too long to create a viable product before market tastes have changed. It’s a great observation and one that needed to be said out loud by a guy like that who could raise $7 million to make some seeds.

As far as dropping off and when the golden era was, last year was the biggest year ever. This year’s on track to be even bigger, and next year bigger than that. And while I refuse to accept that as a business owner, I have to dance on TikTok now, I do think that I need to be more involved and visible so I can tell the story about our strains. Before now, it was hard enough just to keep stock on the shelf; there just wasn’t enough grow space to make anything new or work any lines in any sort of scaled way. But now, with the 10,000 square-foot greenhouse and access to 60 acres and a license to do whatever I want, the possibilities are endless. I really would like to work every single line to improve each line every year so that there’s always something new to talk about and really bring out the best characteristics of each strain.

As far as how I heard of this place, I think I saw it on Google while I was checking the Greenpoint links. Thanks for having me; the site works great.

Hell yea I got some midnight snack too...the description sounded great

man i've noticed over the past week or two i think you and I are holding some of the same cultivars... even yesterday you said you had some of the Gassy cream from CRB... we should do a same strain grow sometime!!!

I wanna play too.

fuck yeah Mr Red, I'm down for sure!!! soil vs dro!!!!!!

we kinda did though without you knowing it.. we both grew imperium X almost the same time. yours came out the lightest of your group and mine came out the heaviest of my group.. don't know if that's against the rest of mine or a prop for the imperium x!! :LOL:

i wonder how many growers here we could get to grow the same strain at the same time? maybe a contest idea????

man i've noticed over the past week or two i think you and I are holding some of the same cultivars... even yesterday you said you had some of the Gassy cream from CRB... we should do a same strain grow sometime!!!

d76195b4-1222-43a4-a280-3b2a16eb02ab_text.gif
There's a Melting Point and ICC S1 side by side grow mdk and i gotta run.

Lmao 😂

fuck yeah Mr Red, I'm down for sure!!! soil vs dro!!!!!!

we kinda did though without you knowing it.. we both grew imperium X almost the same time. yours came out the lightest of your group and mine came out the heaviest of my group.. don't know if that's against the rest of mine or a prop for the imperium x!! :LOL:

i wonder how many growers here we could get to grow the same strain at the same time? maybe a contest idea????
Sounds like a grow off lol

Don't think for a minute I ain't down lol...if I could get the hang of the observer grow tactics I could really throw down haha...do like 30 at once or something

OMG, that's the prettiest thing I've ever seen!

Back
Top Bottom