Grove bags, Boveda 62% RH packs, dry and curing herb - I don't wanna mess this up!

TomH

Herb Hitman
Reaction score
One of two plants harvested 9 days ago has buds that are crispy outside and pliable inside, small and medium twigs crack/snap but not fully apart.
I pulled the bud off the bone and piled it on a cleaning tray with a small humidity meter in the pile. Maintaining 62% pretty constantly.

I was going to drop them into a half gallon grove bag (it's a little overkill for my one plant, but all I have is half gal size).

Should I also drop the boveda packs in now?

Is that best done when fully cured?

Thank you all for any science you can drop here!

I hang until dry and do a dry trim with a silicon brush straight into the bags. I've never had a problem. My stuff lasts 5 or 6 months because I smoke it to fast.

Definitely worth it to me. No burping and cheaper than jars. You can heat seal them for long term.

One of two plants harvested 9 days ago has buds that are crispy outside and pliable inside, small and medium twigs crack/snap but not fully apart.
I pulled the bud off the bone and piled it on a cleaning tray with a small humidity meter in the pile. Maintaining 62% pretty constantly.

I was going to drop them into a half gallon grove bag (it's a little overkill for my one plant, but all I have is half gal size).

I use them, I like them but I've added the 62% packs too. I'm in a real humid area and even with the 62% packs my hydrometers read 65% often in the bags. The size of the Boveda packs matter. The smalls are only good for about 4oz I think its the 67 that are good for up to an lb

What was the cresendo like. Big yielder?
I been looking at ethos. Seen a lot people grow there strains out. Looking for big yielder .
I think it can yield big if you scrog it and keep canopy level. I got a little over 6oz from my last grow in a 2.3x2.3 single plant with no scrog but kept it flatter. Also, I think I could have waited a little longer before flip to maximize yeild. The smoke is amazing. I gave my buddy one plant and grew another. His pheno had the mandarin orange terps and mine had a weird sweet earthy terps that cured into something really nice. I ran my 2 weeks longer and mine definitely hits harder. Bag appeal off the charts. Buds look identical but his definitely was more darker. Cresendo definitely has more clumps of flowers than full banana buds so it probably would yield less than those types but smoke product was amazing and highly recommend it.

I'm currently growing an Ethos Skunk Hero(in diary section) and this one is bigger at time of flower so I have high confidence I should get a half pound hopefully. the bud structure look more classic for this strain.

I think it can yield big if you scrog it and keep canopy level. I got a little over 6oz from my last grow in a 2.3x2.3 single plant with no scrog but kept it flatter. Also, I think I could have waited a little longer before flip to maximize yeild. The smoke is amazing. I gave my buddy one plant and grew another. His pheno had the mandarin orange terps and mine had a weird sweet earthy terps that cured into something really nice. I ran my 2 weeks longer and mine definitely hits harder. Bag appeal off the charts. Buds look identical but his definitely was more darker. Cresendo definitely has more clumps of flowers than full banana buds so it probably would yield less than those types but smoke product was amazing and highly recommend it.

I'm currently growing an Ethos Skunk Hero(in diary section) and this one is bigger at time of flower so I have high confidence I should get a half pound hopefully. the bud structure look more classic for this strain.
I was looking at planet of the grapes. Have you done thay before. Whats smell like on crescendo? Gasssy

I was looking at planet of the grapes. Have you done thay before. Whats smell like on crescendo? Gasssy
Steamroller might have more experience with the grapes. I do have a 5 pack of the planet of grapes and I definitely want to try that. Crescendo is gassy orange or gassy earth depending on the pheno. I'd say the smell strength was average foe my grow. Nothing crazy like my neighborhood smelling like weed. Just the area around my shed in whiffs.

This is what I have going into a grove bag today. This is Golden Kiwi x Watermelon Punch. Frootloops sweet smell.

In a day or so I’ll have a load of Apples and Bananas going in to another bag.

This stuff is really sweet. Not a daytime weed though. I don’t get sleepy but I do get tired. Interesting thing, Apples and Bananas puts me out ZZZZZ in 45 minutes but energizes my daughter. Weird difference. IMG_1948.jpegIMG_1947.jpeg

This is what I have going into a grove bag today. This is Golden Kiwi x Watermelon Punch. Frootloops sweet smell.

This stuff is really sweet. Not a daytime weed though. I don’t get sleepy but I do get tired. Interesting thing, Apples and Bananas puts me out ZZZZZ in 45 minutes but energizes my daughter. Weird difference. View attachment 22921View attachment 22922
Looks fire!

I have never put a boveda pack in a grove bag.

Yea idk about boveda or Grove bags not my method...but if you got a jar and wanna do a side by side comparison try filling the jar up 3/4 of the way then just put a little cheap hygrometer on a piece of paper in the jar on top....leave lid off see if it gets over 62....if it don't try putting the lid on it and monitor for a while. When smaller branches snap like you are saying I find it usually about ready to go in a jar with minimal or no burping required if it hangs out between 59-64%

Best of luck 🤘

This stuff is really sweet. Not a daytime weed though. I don’t get sleepy but I do get tired. Interesting thing, Apples and Bananas puts me out ZZZZZ in 45 minutes but energizes my daughter. Weird difference. View attachment 22921View attachment 22922
Everyone's cannaboid system is different, thats why its hard to search for "Your" favorite strain for pain or pleasure, Cheer & nice work. SSgrower

Back
Top Bottom