Grow 4 life, Mr.G grow and show.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

"Gold" Member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to start my first thread on here, a place to give updates on what I’ve got growing on,
No cannabis on the go currently, but plan to pop some @dragonsflamegenetics tester beans in September.
I have been keeping Busy with my yard/garden/sanctuary/prison. Always have to be growing something
Also want a place to photo dump a few that I pulled from the place that doesn’t deserve to be named.
IMG_3131.jpeg

Veg Garden is exploding with growth playing with intercropping carrots/tomatoes lettuce/corn etc.

IMG_3253.jpegIMG_3260.jpegIMG_3263.jpegIMG_3270.jpeg

It just feels right to grow plants. 👊🌱

The broccoli ready any day now. Could pick it now even.
Is the sculpin just a bycatch when fishing for the halibut? Sounds like a fun day on the water.
Yes the Sculpin are just a good taco meat bycatch but they are tasty. I have learned much this year about the halibut fishing. They seem to only bite for about 90 minutes around 10 am on. When they are feeding they are not screwing around. We did a drift a new months ago and my line just broke, not thinking much of it we ran back up and did the same drift again. Well one of the guys we had with us says hey I think I have something good sure enough it was a nice 30 LBS one. Well this is where it gets odd. I gaff it and I say to my buddy it has my hooks in its mouth. No way it was not mine. I was using a special hook and a snell knot so I could adjust the trapper hook and the thing still hit.
I have kind of pieced together some stuff. I know when they are in because the octopus population increases in the area. I believe they are hanging around to eat the eggs, this brings in the large sculpin, about 1/3 spit up an octopus when you land them.
Still more to learn but piecing things together. Everyone I know that is good at fishing says the same thing. It is all about time on the water.

For sure so much to learn with fishing, time on the water gives a guy the knowledge to do it right and increase the odds. Just when you’ve learned 1 fishery, there’s always another one to play with. Coming up close behind experience, would be the gear requirements.
Those sculpin are supposed to be a bitch to handle. We get small freshwater species ice fishing sometimes when we’re on the bottom.

For sure so much to learn with fishing, time on the water gives a guy the knowledge to do it right and increase the odds. Just when you’ve learned 1 fishery, there’s always another one to play with. Coming up close behind experience, would be the gear requirements.
Those sculpin are supposed to be a bitch to handle. We get small freshwater species ice fishing sometimes when we’re on the bottom.
I finally got stung last fall. The odd thing is it is always the small ones. The large ones just set on the hook and we pull the hook and hold them by the bottom lip. My buddies and I have a general rule to not keep any under about 12". They stay alive in a fish hold for say 5 or 6 hours, so cleaning them can be a challenge because you can get stung at that time as well.

Gear wise the halibut require some pretty specialized stuff. I fish braid to a swivel. On the braid side is a plastic tube with half a swivel (Clip side) 20# flour leader. 2/0 hook and either like a #6 treble or #4 treble for a trapper hook or the snell knot setup I mentioned with a single hook for a trapper. Sardines is the usually bait and something like an 8oz weight. The rod and reel set up along with the braid transmits just about everything back to my hand. Bait getting nervous etc. You fish with the reel in free spool and if you feel a bite you let them take it. About 33 percent of the time they will get hooked the rest you come up with a ripped bait. The big one just inhale the bait and start running with it.

Wife’s out gathering seeds from flowers now. Gonna be covered up next year I guess. 1 flower has over 100 seeds in it and she has an armful and just getting started. I’m gonna have to rip the lawn out to make space for all this. :rolleyes:

100% germination, couldn’t he happier about the seed starts. First time using my new SE5000, and noticed sections on each light bar not lighting up and just flickering, checked all the connections, and plugged it into a different power supply and still not working.😫 switched it out for the other SE5000, and sent an email to customer service to see what can be done. Seems like the spiderfarmer drivers not up to par.
IMG_3603.jpegIMG_3605.jpeg

100% germination, couldn’t he happier about the seed starts. First time using my new SE5000, and noticed sections on each light bar not lighting up and just flickering, checked all the connections, and plugged it into a different power supply and still not working.😫 switched it out for the other SE5000, and sent an email to customer service to see what can be done. Seems like the spiderfarmer drivers not up to par.
View attachment 22781View attachment 22782
Did they change up the SE5000? Mine's all black and orange aside from the aluminum bar housings.

Back
Top Bottom