growing new pistils 9 weeks into 12/12

dean1963

Bud Brawler
Reaction score
trichomes are mostly all cloudy with a few clear and amber, but their at 9 weeks into 12/12.
temp did get up to 90ish for several days otherwise it was at 78 f and a few cooler at night.
other than the pistils they should be ready in a few days i think. plants also look like shit.
everything has went fine other than a battle with fungus gnats.
heat stress maybe?

Attachments

• 20230724_114928_HDR.jpg
    20230724_114928_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 20230724_114939_HDR.jpg
    20230724_114939_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
trichomes are mostly all cloudy with a few clear and amber, but their at 9 weeks into 12/12.
temp did get up to 90ish for several days otherwise it was at 78 f and a few cooler at night.
other than the pistils they should be ready in a few days i think. plants also look like shit.
heat stress maybe?
Looks like its got a few more weeks. It's pretty typical for most strains to go 100+ days easily.

they were fed 2-8-4 dry amendments 2 or 3 weeks ago so possibly excess N.
first time in gaia green living soil so i don't know if it still had nutes in it.
can't get FF in canada anymore so i had to switch.
only 1 of the 3 Super OG Kush are doing this.

a few more weeks?
i check everyday with a 60x loupe and clear is disappearing quick and i don't want many amber at all.

first time in gaia green living soil so i don't know if it still had nutes in it.

a few more weeks?
i check everyday with a 60x loupe and clear is disappearing quick and i don't want many amber at all.
Oo my bad

a few more weeks?
Harvest based on trichs…. Ignore the hairs at this point as it’s generally just an indicator to start looking at the trichs

heat stress maybe?
Try backing off the light to 60% to let them ripen.....for their last few days - week.....I do it....I've seen some UT talk about too much light at the end on some strains won't let them ripen....I'm easily swayed...lol....I can't tell one way or the other but it sounded good to me...maybe someone that knows can speak of it....

Try backing off the light to 60% to let them ripen.....for their last few days - week.....I do it....I've seen some UT talk about too much light at the end on some strains won't let them ripen....I'm easily swayed...lol....I can't tell one way or the other but it sounded good to me...maybe someone that knows can speak of it....
That does help those last couple weeks. Couple that with lowering temps and they really go into finishing mode.

Cloudy is peak. Clear is a but early
thanks, but if left cloudy a few extra days will thc peak or is thc peaked as soon as it's cloudy?
once again my words typed don't clearly express my question or meanings.
if i wasn't so damn ugly i'd suggest video chat on this site but i'd scare the damn shit out of anyone that tried to answer me.

thanks, but if left cloudy a few extra days will thc peak or is thc peaked as soon as it's cloudy?
once again my words typed don't clearly express my question or meanings.
if i wasn't so damn ugly i'd suggest video chat on this site but i'd scare the damn shit out of anyone that tried to answer me.
When all the trichs are cloudy and you have to hunt for the few that are starting to amber your flowers are ripe.

I agree that lowering PPFD and temp the last week or two will help them finish out.

@Bandit420 likes to run a high blue spectrum the last couple weeks if I'm not mistaken so that may also be an alternative for finishing your flowers.

So if this is true then what kind of maturation can we expect? I'd like to be able to plan my harvest knowing that the flowers will continue maturing.
There is a lot to this. Cannabinoids change over time…. Eg. THCA will convert to THC and further to CBN

Depending on the drying conditions prob a few days will continue to get cloudy and or amber

will excess N or lock out stop trichomes from maturing further?
they seemed to of stopped turning clouldy suddenly, 1 week and no change.
in 7 gallon pots with soil so i can't flush the hell out of them as it would take weeks to dry back. or can or should i try flushing?

in 7 gallon pots with soil so i can't flush the hell out of them as it would take weeks to dry back. or can or should i try flushing?
I would think excess N would keep them growing whereas lockout would have the opposite effect causing them to mature faster. I have nothing to back that up but it’s what I would expect to see in either scenario.

Heat, stress or high nitrogen.

Im leaning high N. there are signs like the clawed tips and dark shiny green coloring

Depending on the strain if it was heat would probably see some foxtailing.
It kinda looks like it's starting to grow calyxes on top of each other

Can't say for certain but high nitrogen makes them want to grow, not ripen, I suppose.

sugar leaves are all turning brown and crumbly and going to be a nightmare to trim.
i was VERY careful with the watering so root rot "should" be out of the question.
humidity never went over 55-60 during veg or 50 during flower and always had plenty of air flow so bud rot "should be out of the question.
any ideas what i'm doing/did wrong

Attachments

• 20230729_120837_HDR.jpg
    20230729_120837_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom