Has anyone used ultra blue MH

growsinse79

pollen chucker extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding 10,000k-20,000k MH aquatic reef light for added resin production. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I did order a 250w mh. Looking at something like this :

Any info or suggestions appreciated.

Depending on the ratio of the other wavelengths being emitted

The buds will have a lovely structure to them, and I don't doubt that it may promote/ increase hydrocarbon production.

I've used 315 watt CMH @ 10,000 Kelvin sold as finisher lamps for this purpose. I often think about unboxing them and using them again. ;)
Cant say exactly how much more potent or tasty they make a plant finish up without them but they showed enough for me to keep using them up until I switched to LED. I felt they did help give me a great plant at harvest.
With LED I've also tried UV floro lamps for the same purpose and given a choice, I prefer the halide tech

I've used 315 watt CMH @ 10,000 Kelvin sold as finisher lamps for this purpose. I often think about unboxing them and using them again. ;)
Cant say exactly how much more potent or tasty they make a plant finish up without them but they showed enough for me to keep using them up until I switched to LED. I felt they did help give me a great plant at harvest.
With LED I've also tried UV floro lamps for the same purpose and given a choice, I prefer the halide tech
I had a good visit with a buddy that was growing the same seeds as me, and his tasted better. He's using hps and mh. The led buds are denser for sure a better yield, but the MH deff won on taste. I've been humbled and need to do better.

I'm thinking about adding 10,000k-20,000k MH aquatic reef light for added resin production. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I did order a 250w mh. Looking at something like this :

Any info or suggestions appreciated.

The 20K you linked is outside the PAR and even ePAR range

1705942410052.png

So you would be experimenting with UV essentially by using this bulb.

Personally I'd want to see a chart to get to the specifics of what this bulb puts out at what amount. For example, if there is a lot of UVB, running it with your main lighting may very well burn your plants.

I'd also add that most of the UVB would be filtered out by any glass between the bulb and the plant, like the glass pane on the HID fixture. You will want to pull that glass out if experimenting in that range.

The 20K you linked is outside the PAR and even ePAR range

View attachment 40496

So you would be experimenting with UV essentially by using this bulb.

Personally I'd want to see a chart to get to the specifics of what this bulb puts out at what amount. For example, if there is a lot of UVB, running it with your main lighting may very well burn your plants.

I'd also add that most of the UVB would be filtered out by any glass between the bulb and the plant, like the glass pane on the HID fixture. You will want to pull that glass out if experimenting in that range.
Thanks for the chart Moe. They also make 10,000k and 6700k. I'm thinking either 6700k all day or 10000k 4 hours midday, with led on each side.

I stayed out of this because my only experience is with 10-14k and water [aquariums].
I may have even seen a 20k in use. Imagine the bluest headlight you have ever seen~!
When I used 10-14k bulbs over freshwater all they did was grow algea uncontrollably.
It did not help live plants at all.
The reason for temp difference between fresh and saltwater is because the salt is a filter even though it is dissolved in the water.
I do not think anything beside the 6500 is really what you would want.
I know that some switch to high pressure sodium's for flower.
Lots of info on that if you look.

Back
Top Bottom