How do people get plants this big?

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
I have grown some big plant but some of these plants look like maple trees. The only way I could think of growing trees this big would be to veg for like 7 months or something. Is that how they do it? Most of these have been in the northern Cali, southern Oregon area that I have seen. Is it environment, knowledge, nutrients? How is this possible?

Roganja.jpg

7dsixsb7mfp51.jpg

Speaking from my brief experience

For outdoors

Genetics

Veg time
Soil - composition And food source

Out of the twenty I planted outside on my first outdoor, one of the females got around 8-12feet
I topped her once and she had so many branches/colas - obviously nothing like this, a baby version of it lol.

For more detail

Obviously region/area and shaded or direct sun/environment variables as well

Last edited:
Only one I knew who did was @ezenzyme from the farm.

Great guy but only came on a few times a month. Looks like he hasn’t been back to the farm since May 13th.

I PMed him before I got the boot but he probably didn’t get my post.

Looks like @tobh used to chat with him. Couldn’t find any of his old Christmas tree pics.

Last edited:
But honestly, Id be surprised if that turns out "craft quality"

Even outdoors, as big as that thing is, everything under, behind and beneath will develop poorly (buds) id think but I have no experience with outdoor 25foot plants.

Only one I knew who did was @ezenzyme from the farm.

Great guy but only came on a few times a month. Looks like he hasn’t been back to the farm since May 13th.

I PMed him before I got the boot but he probably didn’t get my post.

Looks like @tobh used to chat with him. Couldn’t find any of his old Christmas tree pics.
As folks began disappearing from the farm, L*gic sent an explainer to me by PM. He wrote that people were leaving voluntarily and that it had happened before, making it seem normal. He mentioned a name that I can't quite recall, but it might have been ezenzyme. That's close, anyway. Some of the folks who had been there longer than I was might recall what happened. I didn't last a full year.

heres me with a 300 gallon smart pot and my panamoniuem line...

3 biggest factors are climate zone - medium / soil pot size - genetics.

Biggest being climate zone. in cali we could have plants outdoors by march in a 200 dollar hoop house, plant 4 footers by mothers day, and the season would last till halloween no prob most years.

But honestly, Id be surprised if that turns out "craft quality"

Even outdoors, as big as that thing is, everything under, behind and beneath will develop poorly (buds) id think but I have no experience with outdoor 25foot plants.
actually - bigger plants make better craft quality from my experience. You don't harvest everything all at once. first outer layer gets chopped - then next layer goes another week or two, fattens bulks, then harvest. in great years - can easily harvest 3 times. Bigger plants also producer higher terp numbers, and will have a more full terp profile then smaller plants. they take way more work, skill, and dedication, but Monster trees....they make the best flower. part the reason flower has gone downhill so much in the last 5 or so years is the hill spots have been shut down in favor of deps and massive hedges of much smaller plants. just my 2 cents

Big plants are definitely more work maintenance wise... I can't imagine one THAT big! I couldn't get them that big in my climate... zone 4 us not ideal for weed.
Here's my little forest year before last... last year is when I started scrogging because my husband had a coronary. I'm 5'9" for reference... and this was probably early September, they had a ways to go... Mama maple in the background always turns early. 20210924_144447.jpg

Big plants are definitely more work maintenance wise... I can't imagine one THAT big! I couldn't get them that big in my climate... zone 4 us not ideal for weed.
Here's my little forest year before last... last year is when I started scrogging because my husband had a coronary. I'm 5'9" for reference... and this was probably early September, they had a ways to go... Mama maple in the background always turns early. View attachment 7665
happy healthy looking plants! Its hard when the climate zone is working against you. everything from soil temps, rh, sunlight hours, to the sunlight angel and intesity, wind patterns, all the micro variables...

actually - bigger plants make better craft quality from my experience. You don't harvest everything all at once. first outer layer gets chopped - then next layer goes another week or two, fattens bulks, then harvest. in great years - can easily harvest 3 times. Bigger plants also producer higher terp numbers, and will have a more full terp profile then smaller plants. they take way more work, skill, and dedication, but Monster trees....they make the best flower. part the reason flower has gone downhill so much in the last 5 or so years is the hill spots have been shut down in favor of deps and massive hedges of much smaller plants. just my 2 cents
we might be in for a pleasant surprise as the state govt.s are really getting fed up with the massive illegal farms. Especially in Oregon. Wouldn't surprise me if a handful of legal producers decide to get back into that style of growing simply because they know it could serve as a great marketing point.

Hell, if I could stomach Oregon I would consider starting a business called Donkey Dicks and grow purely monster trees. Breed strains that cater to scale and call em things like "In the dirt," "In the mud," "Size matters," etc. and hit the socials hard with pics of aforementioned monsters everywhere.

Like hell if you'll ever catch me being legal in WA though. This place is arguably worse than Oregon with their cannabis regulations.

actually - bigger plants make better craft quality from my experience.
I'll take your word for it lol
You don't harvest everything all at once. first outer layer gets chopped - then next layer goes another week or two, fattens bulks, then harvest.
Makes sense.
in great years - can easily harvest 3 times. Bigger plants also producer higher terp numbers, and will have a more full terp profile then smaller plants.
Why?
Are they "More mature"?/ Reaching full potential?
they take way more work, skill, and dedication, but Monster trees....they make the best flower. part the reason flower has gone downhill so much in the last 5 or so years is the hill spots have been shut down in favor of deps and massive hedges of much smaller plants. just my 2 cents
Thanks for the info

If you have the time you can definitely stagger harvest outside, I've done it a couple times in the past, when the big tops are all done but the stuff not in direct light needs more time... or simply because I can only trim so fast or as a stop gap for mold. The lower stuff will continue to ripen... but seems like you gotta calculate like a week of them doing nothing to recover... so it's hard somewhere that had a limited season to begin with... but if you have an extra 3 or so weeks after the initial cut, then yeah the inner/lower stuff will continue to ripen if it's not quite there yet

Back
Top Bottom