How much water/nutrient solution does a single DWC hippie lettuce plant guzzle down every day?

Bandit420

The Texican
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I think my girl has a drinking problem. 2 quarts a day seems excessive

6 week old haze girl in a 1 gallon rez and I just topped it off. By midnight tonight she'll be a quart low again.
I quit doing wholesale rez changes because she takes up so much so fast there's nothing left over to change out

View attachment IMG_5409.MOV

I'm on day 44 or so of flower and my big girl's been drinking 5 quarts a day for the last month or so.

not necessarily the same system, but when i was in my two site dutch bucket system, each site having a 3 gallon capacity, and a res holding 12 gallons, at peak flower they were taking down 2.5 - 3 gallons a day. i quit doing full on res change outs simply because they were drinking too damn fast for me to be bothered.

not necessarily the same system, but when i was in my two site dutch bucket system, each site having a 3 gallon capacity, and a res holding 12 gallons, at peak flower they were taking down 2.5 - 3 gallons a day. i quit doing full on res change outs simply because they were drinking too damn fast for me to be bothered.
Yes I know they are a different style of growing but we use a reservoir as well. I haven't changed my res either this grow and I think I should have. I reached into it to feel for silt and oh boy I found quite a bit of grit covering my pump, lines & bottom. I've only a week left so no point now but in the future I should do it at least once through flowering .

I almost ran my recycling pump dry by giving only 3 gal / day...every 3-4 days I had to add 6 gal just to keep the levels up over the pump.......Heat of the summer though, we're done with that now, I'll see if cooler temps have much effect on the water levels

Yes I know they are a different style of growing but we use a reservoir as well. I haven't changed my res either this grow and I think I should have. I reached into it to feel for silt and oh boy I found quite a bit of grit covering my pump, lines & bottom. I've only a week left so no point now but in the future I should do it at least once through flowering .

I almost ran my recycling pump dry by giving only 3 gal / day...every 3-4 days I had to add 6 gal just to keep the levels up over the pump.......Heat of the summer though, we're done with that now, I'll see if cooler temps have much effect on the water levels
i hear ya man. the shit falling out from constantly topping up and piling in more builds up fast. and of course, if you're not on top of it, pumps will fail lol they don't like running dry at all.

Thanks for the replies Y'all. Interesting. I suppose it's only gonna drink more as time passes. I'm used to watering plants 1 gallon every day mid flower in soil but not this much during veg.

I think when flower comes I'm gonna plug in an auxiliary rez and double the size of her gas tank

Thanks for the replies Y'all. Interesting. I suppose it's only gonna drink more as time passes. I'm used to watering plants 1 gallon every day mid flower in soil but not this much during veg.

I think when flower comes I'm gonna plug in an auxiliary rez and double the size of her gas tank
Yeah I'd definitely set up a res/automation.

I've been doing this manual high-freq-fert shit and god damn, for optimum, I need to water my solo flowers atleast 3 times a night if not more
I like doing it but it's time consuming and keeping me up.

Stripped some last night.

Attachments

• 16939325981231813936315141086690.jpg
    16939325981231813936315141086690.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Yeah I'd definitely set up a res/automation.

I've been doing this manual high-freq-fert shit and god damn, for optimum, I need to water my solo flowers atleast 3 times a night if not more
I like doing it but it's time consuming and keeping me up.

Stripped some last night.
yeah fuck that lol been there in solo cups too, having to manage watering 5x a day in coco, then a couple times throughout the night. automation is key when you've got heavy drinkers on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom