I’m thinking this is an Auto Flower

Ikilledit

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
Plant was supposed to be a Purple Diesel photo. It was planted Jan 22. This thing is showing pistils already. Plus they’re short just shy of 16 inches. Their under 18 hours of light. Never grew Autos and I don’t know anything about them.

8607B86C-530C-4725-891D-4960670F45EC.jpeg213AD88D-A1E4-4F36-B074-142564D137B6.jpeg

Not sure at this moment what to do with them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

I am in same boat as you.
A couple of my photo seeds had pistils at 21 days and are still progressing under 18/6.
My thoughts are start bloom feed.
If not in final pot gently get it there. I am in 1 gallon and my prior experience with Autos says I am leaving them in the 1 g.
Not sure you can have a whole lot more influence on an auto.0226240815.jpg
^^ My 3 at 4 weeks up^^

@steamroller l just repotted them a week ago into their final pots. Had them under 24 hours of light for a week maybe. I was trying to get some height out of them to maybe catch up to the Purple Doja. I did have a bad timer but they weren’t in total darkness. The Granddaddy Purple shows no pistils and it was right beside them. I’m thinking I just got the wrong seeds.

. I’m thinking I just got the wrong seeds.
That is where I am at.
Both of mine were supposed to be photos.
Kind of surprising at first.
I often see pistils before I flip with long veg times, but the growth I see in mine and yours is not photo type behavior at 3-4 weeks.
My lights have not malfunctioned and I have a tent full of others started at exactly the same time that show not one pistil.
I am sure it is easy to mix seeds up if you're a supplier?
Might even be whoever they get them from screwed up? Many hands....
If I expected photos and got autos I'd probably be nervous...my mind would go right to are these some hermie prone plants next and I would probably toss them lol
:oops::oops: :rolleyes: :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
Talk about a short leash~!
I am over crowded already. Not hard to know who will go first~!
I have such good luck with the one genetics I have grown I did not fully perceive all the dangers of new genetics.
I am not mad yet, but balls in my room will miff me for sure[ strike1,2, and 3]...

That is where I am at.
Both of mine were supposed to be photos.
Kind of surprising at first.
I often see pistils before I flip with long veg times, but the growth I see in mine and yours is not photo type behavior at 3-4 weeks.
My lights have not malfunctioned and I have a tent full of others started at exactly the same time that show not one pistil.
I am sure it is easy to mix seeds up if you're a supplier?
Might even be whoever they get them from screwed up? Many hands....

:oops::oops: :rolleyes: :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
Talk about a short leash~!
I am over crowded already. Not hard to know who will go first~!
I have such good luck with the one genetics I have grown I did not fully perceive all the dangers of new genetics.
I am not mad yet, but balls in my room will miff me for sure[ strike1,2, and 3]...
After 9 months of straight disaster I realized the importance of not wasting your electric bill...grow the biggest footprint you can never leave wasted space under the light, and never risk the grow on something that doesn't cut that mustard lol.

I'm horrible about catching nanners...full tent makes it near impossible for me

Sure looks like autos to me unless your bad timer actually did have an effect. You said they were never in total darkness, could you explain that?
I have grown very few autos. I do know they do not like a lot of food and moving them is risky. When I did grow them I started them in the pots they were to finish in, using one third Ocean Forest on the bottom and two thirds Happy Frog up top. I never fed them anything else. They stayed short budded heavily and were harsh as hell.

If they are reg seeds that were kicked off by lightning, leave them in veg, they will revert. I used to use an old growers method that was the original form of Monster Cropping. That meant taking clones in early flower and turning them back to veg hours. Regs always revert, but it takes about twice the time a younger non budded clone takes.
An auto will not revert. It does as it pleases. Its genetics controls that. All autos are from the genus ruderalis. Indigenous to places like Russia that has a very short 43-58 day long summer. Very short period of time to complete its life cycle.

@CannaGranny well I bough a new timer. I set it up for 5 am off at 11 pm. I just happened to be upstairs in the other bedroom and noticed the light was off. I checked the program and it was set but the auto on was on off. So I switched it back to auto on. Then came back up the next day and the same thing. The light was off again. So I unplugged the timer. Took it downstairs and I noticed that the auto on/ auto off wasn’t working correctly. So I tossed it and had them under 24 hour light. I only used that timer for a few days. As to the question of total darkness. I have 4 plants in a walk in closet with the door open. I have 2 Mars Hydro TSW 2000 lights in there with a fan. So I leave the door open so it doesn’t get too hot. One is directly in the door opening. So the room wasn’t dark by any means. The lights were coming on on time but shutting off way to soon. When I got the timer I noticed I couldn’t set the program to Am/Pm only military time. The clock itself I could set either way. But every time I set the program up it went back to off

If I expected photos and got autos I'd probably be nervous...my mind would go right to are these some hermie prone plants next and I would probably toss them lol

I'd pull it up and kill it with extreme prejudice but I also have a zero tolerance no autoflower policy in my grow room 😋

I'd pull it up and kill it with extreme prejudice but I also have a zero tolerance no autoflower policy in my grow room 😋
I agree. I hear so many people getting auto seeds on accident, it makes me wonder if these guys haven't polluted the whole gene pool. I still don't get it.

Well I’m not sure what to do with them yet. I have 4 that are vegging for another month so I might just leave them be. But I bought 15 seeds and I have 13 left.

Got a response from the seller stating.

Could be feminized fast seeds too. Doesn’t mean they are Autos.

Am I missing something here. Don’t fast seeds require a change in light cycle. Longer veg shorter flower lol. I don’t really understand much about some of these types but I know how to use Google and read.

Am I missing something here. Don’t fast seeds require a change in light cycle. Longer veg shorter flower lol. I don’t really understand much about some of these types but I know how to use Google and read.
I looked at the site and can't figure out if they sell breeders seeds or just attempt to copy them.

I looked at the site and can't figure out if they sell breeders seeds or just attempt to copy them.
Yeah I’m not really sure either. I read this.

6748234E-4FD3-4A15-A438-3270774E9259.jpegE1346C3B-D9BD-41CB-A7BE-17D08E8E5E93.jpeg

I haven’t saw an actual breeder named. Most of what I’ve purchased has been good. I’m just certain I got Autos and not Photos. If they don’t want to fix it that’s fine. I’m sure there are plenty of people who would gladly take my money.

There's no such thing as "feminized fast seeds" that are not autos. That's a super weird response.

Haven’t gotten a response after I messaged them. I basically told them. I ordered Purple Diesel feminized Photos. Not fast seeds not Autos. And your description says Feminized Photoperiod. These are clearly Autos. Even with the bad timer of 3 days. The pistils would have showed up last week. And the room was well lite. I’ve been working and sick and simply didn’t notice until today.

I thought fast seeds were plants that had a shorter flower period.

Haven’t gotten a response after I messaged them. I basically told them. I ordered Purple Diesel feminized Photos. Not fast seeds not Autos. And your description says Feminized Photoperiod. These are clearly Autos. Even with the bad timer of 3 days. The pistils would have showed up last week. And the room was well lite. I’ve been working and sick and simply didn’t notice until today.
All my autos always started showing pistils between 21 and 24 days.

If they flower under 18h of light that would be classified as autos to me. I used to like the idea of autos but I've migrated away from them. I haven't had an auto blow me away yet.

Back
Top Bottom