Landrace Seedbanks

SpectrumFarms

Chronic Chemist
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning! Do any of you guys mess around with landraces and if you do where’s the best place for seeds? I spent some time in Afghanistan in the early 2000s and part of my PTSD healing journey is wanting to grow plants from regions I was in.

I would check oldsogcoc.
https://oldsogscoc.com/?s=Landrace&post_type=product&product_cat=0

I've yet to hunt for any landraces myself, but if i ever did, I'd start here to be honest
I’m looking for something like these. I just don’t wanna get duped online and I don’t know if these guys are reputable.

Reactions: MDK
I’m looking for something like these. I just don’t wanna get duped online and I don’t know if these guys are reputable.

I always get sketched out by overseas banks, not saying it's not a legit place, I just get worried by them lol.
The only overseas bank I can vouch for is CannaPot, takes about 3 weeks to get to the US. But I also forget where you are located lol.

I always get sketched out my overseas banks, not saying it's not a legit place, I just get worried by them lol.
The only overseas bank I can vouch for is CannaPot, takes about 3 weeks to get to the US. But I also forget where you are located lol.
I’m still in one of the South East prohibition states 🤫. I found one US supplier with seeds I’m looking for but it’s mainly a mushroom genetics site, I’ve genetics from them but mushrooms only and they were fire. Maybe this is a gamble I just need to take. 🤔

Good morning! Do any of you guys mess around with landraces and if you do where’s the best place for seeds? I spent some time in Afghanistan in the early 2000s and part of my PTSD healing journey is wanting to grow plants from regions I was in.
Consider CSI humboldt.

he's got Uzbekistani , Pakistani Chitral, pine tar kush for ~ that region of plants. but he has a lot of heirloom s1, and 20 year old strain crosses.

Dude has been a know quantity in the community for a very long time, and know for honorably hooking it up.I got some seeds off them a while ago. The dude sends ~3-4x more packs that you buy, and they are not just the standard freebies of stuff no one wants. The opposite, it's like he curates the freebies to the ones you got.

He's also got things like purple indica. This is something I got. It's the UW cut from seattle. Been up there for ever. Very broad leaf, cut goes back to the 80s, the claim is it was taken from the university of Washington's cancer research facility in 84. A lot of people think it's an afghan.

As far as getting the dude money, you send cash through the mail with USPS tracking. He does the same back. So, it's as discreet as it gets and no electric record of money changing hand.

(also just consider a road trip to Missouri or something and buy seeds at a hydro store w/ cash if you really want to fly under the radar, but finding exact what you are looking for will be tough)

Last edited:
AGseeds.......

AGseeds.......

That’s the one .i thought it was ace seeds .lol.face palm

I think ag seeds is legit, but you can also get most of the stuff from CSI I think Seattle greg gave the shit to Todd McCormick at agseedco but also gave it to others like CSI maybe 707 seedbank or dynasty I can't remember but I heard others got them as well.

That landrace genetics site posted by OP I've looked at before curious how legit it is myself

• Agree
Reactions: Max
fair few guys on ic mag grow there stuff .it’s one of there seed vendors along with many others..

Ace is legit if you are looking for sativas to be grown outside.....nothing but excellent reviews on them.

AG Seeds, with Todd McCormick, is legit but he working with genetics from the 70's and 80's and you'll really have to pheno hunt to find quality. This guy has been around as long as I have and has been in High Times and other mags countless time. I know he's had serious health issues for all those years too, maybe aids or cancer or something along those lines. He has no fem's either.

I said fuck it and rolled the dice. Just ordered a pack.

nvm, missed clarification post. put I guess my point stands. rezdog, subcool, many more. A forum gets paid to have sponsors. In the past it hasn't meant they did due diligence or that the sponsor didn't do unsavory things.

nvm, missed clarification post. put I guess my point stands. rezdog, subcool, many more. A forum gets paid to have sponsors. In the past it hasn't meant they did due diligence or that the sponsor didn't do unsavory things.
Win something over there at THCf and see how much you actually get 🧐🫣

Win something over there at THCf and see how much you actually get 🧐🫣
I was never a thcf dude. I found this place searching for oldsog grow reports. I take it this is a spin off from members who were sick of their shit?

I just know my experience from a handful of other ones over the last few decades.

Let's look at AG, their claim to fame is a few seeds from seattle greg? some Mel frank stuff? some sam the skunk man stuff?

Sam is a fabricator
Seattle greg gave his stuff to other people with more robust operations and longer operational history

I guess if he has Mel stuff you really want, sure. I dont know who else has his stuff.

All of his crosses are just random cut & open pollination of unworked 30 year old stuff.

Then he wraps it all in a personal story about his life long battle with cancer and shows some pics with people in the industry.

Seems like a standard marketing snow job when the bonafides are lacking.

that what I mean by grifter. Just wrapping a personal story around seeds. Like the personal story has nothing to do with the quality of genetics. It's just a sales job.

Back
Top Bottom