Mini micron bags to cover buds with pollen applied

Max

The Legend
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Is there even such a thing 🤷‍♂️ I’m going to pollinate an outdoor female multible times with different strains and to prevent cross contamination im looking for some small type micron bags fine enough it won’t pass through but breathable I can tie around the bud. ..anyone on here done this or could lead me in the right direction to what size micron i need.maybe I can use micron paper ,fold and tape it over them?..any tips,leads.

cheers max

Is there even such a thing 🤷‍♂️ I’m going to pollinate an outdoor female multible times with different strains and to prevent cross contamination im looking for some small type micron bags fine enough it won’t pass through but breathable I can tie around the bud. ..anyone on here done this or could lead me in the right direction to what size micron i need.maybe I can use micron paper ,fold and tape it over them?..any tips,leads.

cheers max
Ive always read male pollen is 25 micron, so idk if a micron bag would stop anything man.
I know an old head here who uses plastic shopping bags. Hell goes out an hour or so before dusk, bag the branches he doesnt want pollinated, polinate what he does want, and then hell go back out 3-4 hours later and mist everything he pollinated with water then remove the bags.
he says its gold, ive never tried it.

That’s great info Goody as that was another question I was going to ask on how long after I pollinate I could mist it without destroying the pollen…thanks man.👊😎

That’s great info Goody as that was another question I was going to ask on how long after I pollinate I could mist it without destroying the pollen…thanks man.👊😎
Hell yeah man.
Ill call him here just after 9, so in like an hour.
But im pretty sure he does this 5 times just to be sure he gets pollen to take.

Idk how long it takes for that stuff to really take hold. Id imagine its almost instant but idk ive only made seeds once and i smacked the male over the female everyday for like 6 days lol. 😅

I guess it’s like us once the white goo’s in it’s on its way lol 🤣🤣.im like that too .I left the male in the room for weeks as I wasn’t seeing the pistils browning.pretty sure was more than 3 weeks later easy before I saw any start to brown off.was in there for 5 weeks till I removed it.one before that was only in there a week.i don’t think I misted the plant till 3 days later..I’ve been plucking the open pollen sacks off and spreading it out on a piece of foil and placing in inside my 4wd hilux to dry.I’ve refrigerated that and will b collecting more..got jags of sacks to open yet..

Why’s that..i Only see a handful of your chev and ram pickups around here..they are huge vehicles lol.

They are everywhere here..havnt had it that long but I just love driving it.drives like a car,has all the fruit .cost a pk though.soon as I seen it for sale I’m like I’m having that.wife wasn’t impressed.i had my bases coverEd though..if she kicked me out I’d b sleeping in the canopy.a Win win 🤣🤣🤣

Ill call him here just after 9, so in like an hour.
But im pretty sure he does this 5 times just to be sure he gets pollen to take.
I talked to Tim, he says he does it 5 times over a 10 day period, so every other day.

Says he doesnt really like bagging the plants so he gives them a day between doing it so they can breathe.
Not sure it matters? I know mold is a risk, but 3-4 hours a day for 5 days shouldnt cause it.

Wait. Now that im reading it written out. 3-4 hours a day 5 days in a row does sound kinda dangerous lol. Maybe hes onto something with the day between.

Reactions: Max
Yeah that’s why I mentioned breathable bags but as you said pollen is pretty fine and I don’t think there is finer than 25 micron but there is in filtration paper,little bit o mucking round to put that over the buds..ideally I’d it to b like small type hessian bags Like a tea bag…ive taken all shoots off the branches only leaving the top 3 so there won’t b much to cover..soon as the buds appear I will apply the pollen so they wont b much bigger than the tip of your pinky so they get plenty of time for the seeds to develop..

This is close but a little too long .I could tie it before the ring at the end..if it was cheap I’d get them .

• Haha
Reactions: Max
Australia got many Fords we didn't here in the US.
But I suspect you know this already MAX...
1706232366486.png
Whereas the States had the Mustang, Australia had the Falcon. Thanks to the Mad Max series of movies, the XB Falcon began to receive mainstream attention, and with good reason.
1706232397502.png
:cool: :cool:
You're utes are special also. :cool:
1706232837714.png
1706232857742.png

Last edited:
haha..they are a beast..tough car..I’m a holden man though..gm owned it..i have a torana lj. Torana in aboriginal language means to fly 😆.I’ve had them since I got my licence..still have one..can’t beat old skool tough .now we have shit boxes with batteries 🤣🤣🤣F9CC66B4-5E6D-4200-B534-5A75F8694101.jpeg

Last edited:
Ive always read male pollen is 25 micron, so idk if a micron bag would stop anything man.
I know an old head here who uses plastic shopping bags. Hell goes out an hour or so before dusk, bag the branches he doesnt want pollinated, polinate what he does want, and then hell go back out 3-4 hours later and mist everything he pollinated with water then remove the bags.
he says its gold, ive never tried it.
Agree with this, it doesn't take much at all to pollinate either

One could also collect pollen into vials, use little makeup brushes or grinder brushes to apply pollen to buds, in a "controlled" manner.

Agree with this, it doesn't take much at all to pollinate either

One could also collect pollen into vials, use little makeup brushes or grinder brushes to apply pollen to buds, in a "controlled" manner.
That’s actually what I’m doing bud as plants are outside .the mini bags are to cover the buds pollinated so I don’t cross contaminate other branches with different strain pollen.😃

cheers max
Pollen will go through a carbon filter- I know this for a fact. I had every bee in the county trying to come in through the exhaust...

That’s weird brother.I never had a filter on exhaust fan in veg room where male plants have been and never had a single one hanging round my shed.and havnt seen one on the male outside.I have seen them around my flower plants outside but they are few and far between.my hepa filters in flower room are 99.8% effective and stop mold spores and pollen.they are 0.3 micron but they do drop there efficiency in a month .

That’s weird brother.I never had a filter on exhaust fan in veg room where male plants have been and never had a single one hanging round my shed.and havnt seen one on the male outside.I have seen them around my flower plants outside but they are few and far between.my hepa filters in flower room are 99.8% effective and stop mold spores and pollen.they are 0.3 micron but they do drop there efficiency in a month .
The incident with bees was full blown seed making-lots. But it damn sure went through the new carbon and pre filter. Made about 10,000 seeds-all good so far. Millions of yellow jackets were trying to get in.

cheers max
Hey bro I tried this when I used silver to make some fem seeds. Had the wife sew me up some bags out of a mesh we got at a craft store.

It worked in the sense that I did not get seeds elsewhere in the grow, but the branches I covered up got hella mold. I gave up trying. Ended up just moving to a little tent and doing the whole thing as fem seeds. Hopefully it works better for you.

Thanks moe.damn .hopefully outside won’t b as bad but I will give them as little time as possible like an hr then take them off and either mist those branches pollinated or all the others on the plant.there will only be just the top 3 nodes on branches left right over the plant, all the rest I have been nipping them off.I just wish I knew how long it takes.b good if it took only 10 mins then you could mist that bud.I will have other branches covered while pollinating .those will get a different strain…I should get this to work…fingers 🤞🏻

Just seen this…

The pollen, once it touches the stigmas of the female plant, still takes 3 to 5 days to reach the calyx and the ovary, and for fertilisation to occur. So, once you have carried out the first pollination, return the female plant to its place, irrigate it after 3 or 4 days, and pollinate it again, just in case

No biggie.I’ll just give it more time until I pollinate the other branches.I will get this to work..the Zamal can go 14 weeks ..that’s plenty of time to get those seeds ripe 💪😎

Back
Top Bottom