Pollen question

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
I have a stud male from Bodhi. It’s a “White Light Hash Plant”. I have never collected pollen to make seeds before. I’ve always just had male and females in same tent or used colloidal silver to make fems.

What is the best way to collect pollen and keep it fresh for a few months until the greenhouse ladies are ready? I want to just hit a few branches of several strains and see what I can come up with. Tired of buying seeds lol.

Attachments

• 9D15E0C3-DB72-4C73-B445-39AAD4B10C3D.jpeg
    9D15E0C3-DB72-4C73-B445-39AAD4B10C3D.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
When I have done this, I just shook the plant over a cookie sheet and then sorted out all the husks, scraped the pollen up and bagged and labeled it, then in the freezer.

I have a stud male from Bodhi. It’s a “White Light Hash Plant”. I have never collected pollen to make seeds before. I’ve always just had male and females in same tent or used colloidal silver to make fems.

What is the best way to collect pollen and keep it fresh for a few months until the greenhouse ladies are ready? I want to just hit a few branches of several strains and see what I can come up with. Tired of buying seeds lol.
I make a slick paper envelope, and freeze in a jar of dry rice. It usually lasts a year or more.

I make a slick paper envelope, and freeze in a jar of dry rice. It usually lasts a year or more.
That’s a good idea. I’ve heard of people putting baking type flower with the pollen to suck moisture out. That’s seems weird. I like the dry rice idea. Ill have to set up my 4x4 and get this guy pollinating.

Back
Top Bottom