Question about exhausting dehumidifier out of grow room is this good idea or not what do you think

Epc111

Stoned Scientist
Reaction score
Trying to reduce heat in room see any down side

Need a little more info. Is this a tent with a dehumidifier in a lung room? Or no tent and plants and dehumidifier are in close proximity in a room?

No downside ..your exhaust fan should b exchanging air every minute in the room to keep the temps in check..sometimes it’s unavoidable when it’s a hot day unless you have an ac.

I agree with Freeze. Need more info.

Me for example.. I have a tent in a small room that gets it's air from a seperate room called a lung room. I keep a window unit running 24/7 in the lung room with a heater in the tent. My dehumidifier also hangs out in there also. The AC helps combat the heat produced by the dehuey. The heater in the tent keeps my temps right where I want them.

Exhausting the dehumidifier out of the room would be sending the dry air outside which would accomplish nothing for you. You'll need to find a way to bring cool air in to bring the temps down or move the dehuey to your lung room if you have one.

I agree with Freeze. Need more info.

Me for example.. I have a tent in a small room that gets it's air from a seperate room called a lung room. I keep a window unit running 24/7 in the lung room with a heater in the tent. My dehumidifier also hangs out in there also. The AC helps combat the heat produced by the dehuey. The heater in the tent keeps my temps right where I want them.

Exhausting the dehumidifier out of the room would be sending the dry air outside which would accomplish nothing for you. You'll need to find a way to bring cool air in to bring the temps down or move the dehuey to your lung room if you have one.
Winner winner. I have a pretty similar setup on one of grow areas. If I exhausted my dehumidifier elsewhere I would accomplish nothing in bringing down rh. The exhaust is the drier air.

Yeah I don’t have the luxury of being inside with a lung room.all my heat goes straight outside.

I have a lung room and only exhaust to that room. My 2 Cents, same room as the tents.

its a well insulated room size is 5x7x7 not sure what a lung room is i cycle
fresh air in and exhaust air out

Now that I understand what a long room is that is basically what I'm running I have two rooms 5 by 7 by 7 one I use for flower one I use for veg in summer i exhaust out side in winter i exhaust inside to keep heat inside outer room is 20ft x 20ft which has air conditioning kept around 75 degrees. From what im reading you would recommend taking dehumidifier out of grow room and put in larger room if i understand right.

Now that I understand what a long room is that is basically what I'm running I have two rooms 5 by 7 by 7 one I use for flower one I use for veg in summer i exhaust out side in winter i exhaust inside to keep heat inside outer room is 20ft x 20ft which has air conditioning kept around 75 degrees. From what im reading you would recommend taking dehumidifier out of grow room and put in larger room if i understand right.
Anyway to force the air contained air in the 20x20 room into those smaller grow rooms? You will most likely need another dehumidifier (2 of them) in that large of a room if you can’t move cooler air to the smaller rooms.

Back
Top Bottom