Replace living soil?

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
I grow in a greenhouse in the ground. I had a bad infestation of hemp russet mites. As far as I can tell I have killed them all. Lost several plants during the process.

My question is should I remove all this soil for next season and replace instead of re-amendment? It’s all living soil and I would love to re use it. I have sprayed the dirt as well for eggs. This stuff is expensive to replace. Spider mites and thrips are nothing compared to these mites. What do you think?

Here is a picture of my pathetic grow this year. At least I have two healthy 6’ plus plants left. Started with 13 and now I’m down to 8.

Attachments

• 3A708CB7-CC46-4856-B2B6-6A8FFBCFFA53.jpeg
    3A708CB7-CC46-4856-B2B6-6A8FFBCFFA53.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 4
I would just add some predator mites and nematodes before next run. Rove beatles work good to.. keep it living soil just gets better and better .we do beneficial mites and nematodes every other run indoors.outdoor green house I would do it every season.

I would just add some predator mites and nematodes before next run. Rove beatles work good to.. keep it living soil just gets better and better .we do beneficial mites and nematodes every other run indoors.outdoor green house I would do it every season.

I have about 30 gallon holes filled with the living soil. I was planning on adding the used living soil from my indoor grow next season.

Next to those living soil holes the ground is rock hard. Should I dig it all up with a machine and add that used soil or should I just add the soil on top of what's already there? Thanks in advance.

So I added predator mites this spring and they kick ass. They ate pretty much all of the hemp russet mites and eggs. I'll have to take a pic but this year is doing awesome. Hemp Russet Mites are gone as far as I can tell. I have had to deal with some spider mites but they are nothing compared to russets. I live in the forest and bugs tend to find their way in. Not Hemp Russet mites, that came from a clone.

This is all of the pictures I had on my phone. Not the best pics but one of these plants is about the size of my wifes Honda haha. I have noticed when they become trees that the nutrient needs go up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 7.50.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 7.50.24 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 7.49.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 7.49.02 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom