steamroller

Average guy who gets high. AKA the Slacker.
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the time to turn it on again is close.
I will be taking a small break/vacation the next couple of days and when I return it will be time.
I have been sitting on and acquiring more seeds lately and I so desire to taste them I cannot wait any longer.
I will germinate with the Germinator I got from @Bandit420 for as many as I can fit.
I will try to control myself but expect to start about 20 seeds.
All but one is feminized photos with the Hash Plant being regulars.
I have grown the Hash plant 3 times and love it so will do my best to get the males out in time.
I will be mixing COM Stonington, Sohum Potting Mix and Pro Mix with extra perlite.
Here's what I will be working with;
DSC_0329.JPG

The room still in need of cleaning;
DSC_0331.JPG
It is about 5x20 feet.
And the seeds of choice;
DSC_0253.JPG

Also have the latest from Ethos Grape Balls of Fire. What can I say I like grape.
I think I will go with 2 of each and 4 of the Hash Plant.
Seeds probably won't hit dirt before the weekend [6/19] but hopefully before it is over.
They will go in COM seed starter and solo cups once popped and be placed under one or two of my LED aquarium lights.

View attachment 6185
The complete starting cast.
Unsure if I can fit 2 of the Cult Classics, but if I plan to get 2 males from the hash plan than maybe I can start 2 more?
Its about time!

I just subbed myself, kinda thought maybe one side could be totes with water this time around

Its about time!

I just subbed myself, kinda thought maybe one side could be totes with water this time around
I still need to make space outside of the room for res and such.
Also not 100% committed to the Dutch buckets I have.
I will have more than half of the seeds for next run which hopefully will be me getting my feet wet.
I just can't go small, so need to get my mind right and the proper equipment first.

I'm always interested in hearing people's opinions of Planet of the Grapes. It's one of those strains that, for some reason, doesn't get me high. It seems to get other people plenty high.

Living in a legal state (or med state, which it was when I moved here) has really opened my eyes that what works for some people doesn't work for others. I was always aware of preferences, of course, but for some people to love some strains and not get high from others amazes me.

I'm always interested in hearing people's opinions of Planet of the Grapes. It's one of those strains that, for some reason, doesn't get me high. It seems to get other people plenty high.

Living in a legal state (or med state, which it was when I moved here) has really opened my eyes that what works for some people doesn't work for others. I was always aware of preferences, of course, but for some people to love some strains and not get high from others amazes me.
There are certain strains that are popular with some people that dont hit me the same too. Only strain I've had from ethos was a white wedding my buddy grew and I liked that one but he also grew potg and I didn't try any of that but he liked it

Room is being bombed, and 22 seeds are being germinated.
I got 12 in the Germinator and the rest in paper towel and baggies.
Day 1 [ don't worry I won't flood the page with pics of seeds or seedlings, just enough for proof..]
DSC_0337.JPG

Room is being bombed, and 22 seeds are being germinated.
I got 12 in the Germinator and the rest in paper towel and baggies.
Day 1 [ don't worry I won't flood the page with pics of seeds or seedlings, just enough for proof..]
View attachment 7403
How do you like that germinator? I'm trying to make them here and don't have any measurements to go by. Thought I would print them with the logo and make it part of the prize package.

How do you like that germinator? I'm trying to make them here and don't have any measurements to go by. Thought I would print them with the logo and make it part of the prize package.
First time using it but it seems a no brainer. Bandit sent it to me back at the other place. He has always been cool like that IMO.
I think a lot of the best inventions are things we can say " simple yet brilliant".
To me that is the germinator.
Allows light but keeps seeds in the dark, uses gravity and really fits a good number of seeds in a small place.
Glad you asked, now I remember I have to hang my baggies to get the gravity thing working properly in them.(y)

So here is the rundown;
Ethos Grape Balls of Fire Rbx ; 2out of 2 seeds has popped
Ethos Cherry Gar-see-ya R1 ; 1 out of 2 seeds popped
Ethos Planet of the Grapes Rbx ; 2 out of 2 popped
Ethos Grape Diamond R2 ; 2 out of 2 popped
Ethos XXX ; 2 out of 2 seeds popped
Ethos Candy Store Rbx ; 2 out of 2 seeds popped
Ethos Mandarin cookie R3 ; 2 out of 2 seeds popped
Ethos Hash Plant Bx1 ; 4 out of 4 seeds popped

Still waiting for Ethos Mandarin Zkittles [2], Ethos Cherry Gar-see-ya [1] and both the Cult Classic Eternal youth [2].
None of these seeds were pre soaked or floated. From package to paper towel to sprout in 2 days
Onto the beginning of OCD plant growing;
DSC_0339.JPG
DSC_0340.JPG
^^ LOVE THE GERMINATOR^^(y)
DSC_0341.JPG
^^ My little starter box^^
DSC_0342.JPG
^^ My fish lights^^ They are Beamsworks DA FSPEC, about $50 each for 30 inchers.
DSC_0344.JPG
DSC_0345.JPG
^^ High tech heat and humidity control with extra added double secret light leak cover~!^^

This is how I have stared all my last grows. All plants went into Coast of Maine seed starter.(y)
What I hope to show you all is how I grow seedlings without the stretch issues I see all too often.
The soil was wet down carefully not to be too wet and then the cups got sprayed after seeds were inserted.
Hoping the other 5 seeds pop soon.

Hope you all are having a great weekend~!
Psyched to get the ball rolling again.

Picture of the room in earlier glory days;
DSC_0104.JPG
Can't wait!!!!

Your reflective wall material, are those sheets like stiff insulation board or is it more like a wrap that is covering wood or drywall?

I want to put something similar together but haven't looked at material in a while...so I gotta ask

I love your grow room

Your reflective wall material, are those sheets like stiff insulation board or is it more like a wrap that is covering wood or drywall?

I want to put something similar together but haven't looked at material in a while...so I gotta ask

I love your grow room
That is 1 inch foil faced Styrofoam insulation. Got 2 layers everywhere .Got 2 layers of 1 inch pink foundation foam insulation under the luan floor.
nice to see the locomotive back in action 🚂
Seem to be right on the tracks~!(y)
Feels like it's been a minute since your last grow, I got my weed-butter popcorn here for the show :cool:
When you grow 16-20 plants you get to take breaks and enjoy.
I would be drowning in herb[ not a bad thought really] if I were to do a perpetual grow.
Only pros need to grow 20 plants 2-3 times a year. I just can't go small.
Playing to win all the time. I just can't go small. I built the room and then bought two tents??🤪
The tents were for clones and to QT incoming clones in a separate space a while back.
I only hook up my buddies who for the most do the same with me.
But I will say all my grow equipment has already paid for itself.

Moved remaining 5 seeds to the Germinator.

2 out of 5 seeds have cracked and I see one tail. They can wait till tomorrow easy.
The 2 Cult Classics Eternal Youth and one of the Ethos Mandarin Zkittles are being the slackers.
I more than most appreciate a good slacker attitude.
In all my grows which have had large numbers maybe only 2 or 3 Ethos seeds have been duds or experienced user error.
Hopeful still for 100% germination and have back ups for all that don't.

In the cups 8 out of 17 have or are breaking soil.
Temp got up near 90f in box last night so may be installing a small fan sooner than I thought.
Just enough air movement to really rustle the plants more than a temp control.
I can easily roll back the double top secret cover if I dare.
1687089603588.png

Just need to read the directions first~! 🤔
Happy Fathers Day guys.

That is 1 inch foil faced Styrofoam insulation. Got 2 layers everywhere .Got 2 layers of 1 inch pink foundation foam insulation under the luan floor.

Seem to be right on the tracks~!(y)

When you grow 16-20 plants you get to take breaks and enjoy.
I would be drowning in herb[ not a bad thought really] if I were to do a perpetual grow.
Only pros need to grow 20 plants 2-3 times a year. I just can't go small.
Playing to win all the time. I just can't go small. I built the room and then bought two tents??🤪
The tents were for clones and to QT incoming clones in a separate space a while back.
I only hook up my buddies who for the most do the same with me.
But I will say all my grow equipment has already paid for itself.

We share a brain on grow philosophy brother...Big Game Hunter is how I've always described it.🤠

Close to 1 week above soil for most.
Still have 4 in germinator that have not popped and 2 that went to dirt that have not surfaced.
May need to start replacements? :unsure:
So short stems and green leaves;:love:
DSC_0346.JPG
DSC_0347.JPG
DSC_0348.JPG
Just watering when cup is dry.
Have not seen any wilt.
I prefer the slow and low growth first couple weeks.
If cup looks dry, but not wilting I wait a day at least.
No long stems here..
So far so good.;)

They're so cute when they're little! Your seedlings look great. You've done a lot of excellent work there.

I love that germinator. Where can I get one? I hang my paper towel in a baggie vertically for gravitropism, and it has worked okay. Roots still try to dig into the towel sometimes, so the smooth sides should keep that from happening.

They're so cute when they're little! Your seedlings look great. You've done a lot of excellent work there.

I love that germinator. Where can I get one? I hang my paper towel in a baggie vertically for gravitropism, and it has worked okay. Roots still try to dig into the towel sometimes, so the smooth sides should keep that from happening.
Thanks~!

I use a paper towel in the germinator also but having one smooth side I think does help.

Hopefully we will have these for prizes here soon.
I got mine from Bandit. He deserves the credit IMO.

Looking great man! Havent got to ask you how was your trip North?
Thanks man. They're just seedlings but keeping them small/ properly proportioned is my goal. I can be patient at this stage. I prefer long veg times so forst couple weeks only matter to me for general health. I don't need to see explosive growth till they see real light and get fed. Then it will be game on.

Had good weather, enjoyed seeing mom and visiting the beach.
Looking forward to going back in early October.

Back
Top Bottom