The buds I placed in the cannatrol are still there~!
I will photo them when I pull them.
Thinking when room is cleaned up and organized that it can go in the room?
It's a better environment for sure.

On seed fair something makes me think I heard they were a scam?
No clue where or when or if it is just me.
Nobody ever mentions them, and I am leery of new stuff.
I guess just slipping them in with good growers is the safest way to find out without getting mad or burned?

The buds I placed in the cannatrol are still there~!
I will photo them when I pull them.
Thinking when room is cleaned up and organized that it can go in the room?
It's a better environment for sure.

sweeet man, i was hoping you left some in there. that would be cool inside your Groom, give the budding plants something to look at and inspire to be!! :D

i had a cool mini victory last night with my diy dryer, for the first time i hit that 68* 61% mark!!! actually had it up to 67% wide open and down to 56* with no controllers. i'll be able to hold those perfect marks now!

On seed fair something makes me think I heard they were a scam?
No clue where or when or if it is just me.
Nobody ever mentions them, and I am leery of new stuff.
I guess just slipping them in with good growers is the safest way to find out without getting mad or burned?

i get that man, i kinda feel the way about bootleg right now. new is always nervous.

Glad Max talked ya into it though.. five of them is a great test!!

sweeet man, i was hoping you left some in there. that would be cool inside your Groom, give the budding plants something to look at and inspire to be!! :D

i had a cool mini victory last night with my diy dryer, for the first time i hit that 68* 61% mark!!! actually had it up to 67% wide open and down to 56* with no controllers. i'll be able to hold those perfect marks now!
So this is with just one Pelletier unit?
My toasted fridge is running at 69f for weeks now if the digital readout is correct~!🙃
I mentioned to the wife that was the perfect temp for my stuff.
Just need to control the dew point / RH.

So this is with just one Pelletier unit?
My toasted fridge is running at 69f for weeks now if the digital readout is correct~!🙃
I mentioned to the wife that was the perfect temp for my stuff.
Just need to control the dew point / RH.

put a meter in there... one of your jar meters... what's the rh in there? you might just need to copy the same thing i am!

They are cheap [ the ones I get].
I have 24 packs of batteries also.
I have one in every jar.:oops:

Only thing that really goes wrong with them is battery door breaking.
I have a few I have taped, or rubber banded.

just ordered them, i'll take a look when i get them, maybe i can print out replacement doors 🤓

I said I would never buy Bovedas but have a 62% pack made for 1 ounce in each jar also.
They are like $1 at my organic supply store and I just saw how to recharge them so they should last forever.
They keep the buds perfect IMO.
Whatever is left on the tray after rolling in the morning is always bone dry at end of day.
The flavor changes and IMO is better when properly kept.
Not a snob but definitely becoming set in my ways. They seem to work well. :sneaky:

I said I would never buy Bovedas but have a 62% pack made for 1 ounce in each jar also.
They are like $1 at my organic supply store and I just saw how to recharge them so they should last forever.
Whatever is left on the tray after rolling in the morning is always bone dry at end of day.
Not a snob but definitely becoming set in my ways. They seem to work well. :sneaky:

i just picked up some of the 32% for the seed vault, i didn't even know they had so many different settings of them. i thought they only had the 58 and 62.

saw this while browsing. seems gimmicky and unnecessary,

I saw a youtube video where the guy just places water in a cup in another container [ mason jar] with the packs and they recharge in like 24 hours depending on size and temp.
Heating up the mason jar will increase speed.

$20 for that is sillier then the cannatrol~! :oops:
I like the sponge idea.
I haven't recharged any yet but will be soon.

I saw a youtube video where the guy just places water in a cup in another container [ mason jar] with the packs and they recharge in like 24 hours depending on size and temp.
Heating up the mason jar will increase speed.

$20 for that is sillier then the cannatrol~! :oops:
I like the sponge idea.
I haven't recharged any yet but will be soon.

a couple years ago i thought i broke all mine, they were cracker dry, i freakin threw em out a long time ago... dumb ass!

at least i know now. if fact just knowing that now will get me to buy more and use them more often now.

So the meter in fridge says 62f 44%RH, the freezer says 44f 62% RH.
Gutting it and installing a Pelletier would probably run cheaper and be more controllable.
This thing is just failing at it's own pace.
At least I know I can keep my booze in the freezer.

I used to use fruit or even a carrot for moisture if needed but after using the Boveda and seeing it really controls itself I am sold.
It is easier to note the difference of all the strains when they are kept in identical conditions prior to smoking.

So the meter in fridge says 62f 44%RH, the freezer says 44f 62% RH.
Gutting it and installing a Pelletier would probably run cheaper and be more controllable.
This thing is just failing at it's own pace.
At least I know I can keep my booze in the freezer.

I used to use fruit or even a carrot for moisture if needed but after using the Boveda and seeing it really controls itself I am sold.
It is easier to note the difference of all the strains when they are kept in identical conditions prior to smoking.

i used to do that with the fruit too man... i think back in my 20's i accidentally smoked a piece of banana peel!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: not joking, i really did! :D

man that side x side would be so awesome and i'm already jelly!!! i know it's not eco the way it is, but man just put a couple hles between the two sides and some circ fans and it would probably balance out perfect!!! ha!! but yeah you could do something way cool with that, you'd need maybe two double peltier for the size..

maybe two of these..

or maybe shoe horn in one of these bad boys...

and a power supply...

then you would just need a humidifier like i'm making ($50<) and some controls and you would be mint!!

i'm keeping my ears open for somebody with a broken old side x side taking up space!!!!

Nice, I got inkbird temperature controllers from fish breeding.
Probably over 10 still new in boxes.
Need any?
I hadn't thought about drilling holes but that might not be a bad idea long run.
The difference between dry and cure/store is so slight IMO that trying to create two separate zones just means twice as much equipment.
I like the big Pelletier, that is like 9x9.
Do you really need the humi?
The cannatrol work with just a sponge?
I need to look over the unit and understand if it vents beyond the drain.

Nice, I got inkbird temperature controllers from fish breeding.
Probably over 10 still new in boxes.
Need any?
I hadn't thought about drilling holes but that might not be a bad idea long run.
The difference between dry and cure/store is so slight IMO that trying to create two separate zones just means twice as much equipment.
I like the big Pelletier, that is like 9x9.
Do you really need the humi?
The cannatrol work with just a sponge?
I need to look over the unit and understand if it vents beyond the drain.

i really wanted the sponge to work man i tried every way i could with it and could not get above 50% with it. and the warmer the ambient was the lower the rh fell set at 68*f

i don't understand others needing dehuey in them, peltier wise they're the same as a cooler. dehuey justs exhausts the heat backinto the cooler and a cooler keeps the heat outside that's the ONLY difference.

i even tried stuffing the cabinet full of wet plants from my pond and the best i got the rh up to was 58, and that was really just because i kept opening the door every hour.

it sounds opposite of what i'm reading from others but my meters don't lie. and the very first thing i did was calibrated and tested my sensors! i need rh plain and simple.

and your's kinda backs that up at 62f 44%, hey put ten wet sponges in your side x side and tell me how high the rh gets? like overkill it and see what it does.

cannatrol must do something with vapor pressure or something to keep it so controlled. i wish i could match it with a sponge.

oh and yeah i would gut that entire inside wall if it were mine.. shelves gotta go anyway for better ventilation.. i'd make it one giant open box. open them double doors to a golden glow of buds in like an AHHHHHH moment!!!! fuck yeah!!

if i wanted dual zone i'd stash some in a container with boveda.. maybe in a crisper drawer or something!!

Ok everyone is in the new airpots.
They are messy to fill but hopefully worth it.
The Max AC is hanging by a thread but the others all look good.
1 part COM Quoddy Bay to 2 part COM Stonington in 1.2g airpots.

I searched around and found some bad reviews for SeedFair and some good ones.
I guess you can find whatever you want how you want it on the net~!
Most the bad reviews were about FreakShow seeds saying they don't exist anymore and they got whatever?
Some of the bad said they paid and never got nothing~!
Some of the good reviews said great service and fantastic products. Who knows what any of those people writing the reviews actually know about cannabis?

Hopefully I will get some of the seeds to grow and be able to compare them to the real thing [ the Luvshack TC] that I have going.
I guess this is just how it goes when you don't have actual lineage/pedigree or trust and a solid reputation.

Last edited:
DSC_0981 - Copy.JPG
^Today^
DSC_0968 - Copy.JPG
^ Fresh 6/29 ^
DSC_0982 - Copy.JPG
^ Today^
DSC_0967 - Copy.JPG
^ 6/29^
DSC_0983 - Copy.JPG
^ Today^
DSC_0966 - Copy.JPG
^ 6/29^
DSC_0984 - Copy.JPG
^5 SeedFair TC seeds in original vertical germinator^
DSC_0985 - Copy.JPG
^The gang with Max AC closest, just hanging in there^
Figure if I am going to run new seeds with these that the Max may come back?
DSC_0986 - Copy.JPG
^ Luv Shack TC up front and Ethos Trop Cherry OG ^
DSC_0988 - Copy.JPG
^ The gang^
DSC_0989 - Copy.JPG
^ Serious Black clone^
DSC_0990 - Copy.JPG
^ Zamal Dreams^
DSC_0991 - Copy.JPG
^Zamal Dreams^
Hope everyone had a great weekend~!:p

Do watch out for bad china batteries. Almost half of mine popped. I’m just glad I hadn’t put them in jars yet.

Now I take out the batteries and only put them in after sitting a week when I need them.

Once you open the package I keep extras or ones used but not needed at the moment in smaller mason jars.
IMG_9263.jpeg

All 5 of the seedfair trop cherry have emerged from the vertical germinator.:love:
I think I get tomorrow of for weather so hopefully I can get them in pots and clean the room up a little.

confidence in seedfair just went from one to three!!

man those buds look aged nice in your photos. does the aging look any different from the cannatrol buds to the ones you dried traditionally from that batch?

Yea man they popped 100% and quick to boot.
Hit the germinator Saturday afternoon/ evening and up on Tuesday.
They seem a little more reliable for sure.(y)

I think the cannatrol really gave them the cured look much faster.
I am impressed with how completely cured they look already.
I will have to compare taste between a couple.
My jars are all stable so closed up in a cardboard box in a cool place in the basement for now.
I look in on them 1x a week to make sure they are close to 62%.

Need to have my FIL print me another one.
I spent 20 minutes today looking for something I could put all 12 strains I popped.
I know those VG's work great, but nearly every bean I plopped into a grow plug has sprouted for me so far. In the same amount of time, even. I treat them similar to the VG by only planting them a half inch down.

This round went great for me. They all left their helmets below the surface and came up raging in 3 days.

I only went this route because I didn't like transferring them from the VG to the plugs. I'd rather all the little fibrous roots grow into the plug than a paper towel.

Not hating on the VG, they're an awesome idea. I just don't think I'll use mine again. Want me to ship it to ya? Gen 1.

I know those VG's work great, but nearly every bean I plopped into a grow plug has sprouted for me so far. In the same amount of time, even. I treat them similar to the VG by only planting them a half inch down.

This round went great for me. They all left their helmets below the surface and came up raging in 3 days.

I only went this route because I didn't like transferring them from the VG to the plugs. I'd rather all the little fibrous roots grow into the plug than a paper towel.

Not hating on the VG, they're an awesome idea. I just don't think I'll use mine again. Want me to ship it to ya? Gen 1.
I still like plugs and will use the ones I have. Mostly for starting vegetables. I’ll just use them with the VG.

I still like plugs and will use the ones I have. Mostly for starting vegetables. I’ll just use them with the VG.
Yeah I'm not dogging the VG at all. It's an awesome idea that was pulled off successfully. It works like a dream in terms of germination percentages.

@SweetLeafGrow uses them in conjunction with gro-plugs. He slits the plug and places the germinated seedling inside. I did that with my last run and grew a beautiful plant. That just seems like extra steps when germinating in plugs works nearly as well. 7 for 7 on this last round of mine and my plugs are more than a year old.

Again.. the VG is a marvel of cannabis ingenuity and it has it's place. I just don't see the need for it in my grow space. If I were going straight to soil, I'd use the shit out of it.

Yeah I'm not dogging the VG at all. It's an awesome idea that was pulled off successfully. It works like a dream in terms of germination percentages.

@SweetLeafGrow uses them in conjunction with gro-plugs. He slits the plug and places the germinated seedling inside. I did that with my last run and grew a beautiful plant. That just seems like extra steps when germinating in plugs works nearly as well. 7 for 7 on this last round of mine and my plugs are more than a year old.

Again.. the VG is a marvel of cannabis ingenuity and it has it's place. I just don't see the need for it in my grow space. If I were going straight to soil, I'd use the shit out of it.

i wouldn't use a VG if i used rooter plugs either,,, the plug does the same thing but even better. i used to clone in plugs, they work awesome. my only complaint was the 25¢ a piece.

So weather has changed and I will get to seedlings later today hopefully.

no work today? you lucky bastard!!!

those cured buds looked like mine after about six months!! cannatrol looks pretty impressive man.

Back
Top Bottom