Temperature or Humidity out of range

How long does it take to affect a plants growth pattern when the temperature or humidity go out of range?
I think there are variables to that. How long and far out of range being my first thought. Friend of mine cooked his plants in a 90 plus degree tent for a couple light cycles. His showed damaged almost immediately and they look like shit still. Been a couple weeks now.

How long does it take to affect a plants growth pattern when the temperature or humidity go out of range?
My flower tent hit 84-85 yesterday and my Grape Crème Cake has taco leaves today. So i think it depends on a lot of things because the other 2 plants in there are completely fine and loving life.

I get that there are lots of variables but I'm looking for more of a general consensus. 1 minute? 1 hour? 1 day? 1 week? How much time do I have to readjust environment before the plants start to suffer and slow down?

I get that in nature temperature and humidity fluctuations happen all the time but I wonder what affect the duration of those fluctuations have on plant growth and performance? How can I improve on mother nature my having a controllable environment?

The plants are affected immediately, it might just take a while to notice depending on how bad it is.

The plants are affected immediately, it might just take a while to notice depending on how bad it is.
OK...so temp or humidity changes have an immediate affect on the plants. Of course, this falls within the area of normalcy as the same thing happens in nature. My question is if I keep this effect for a prolonged period of time to where it affects yields what would that time frame be? If I keep my temp elevated at 90° for a period of time what time frame can I expect before I start to see the adverse effects? Same with Humidity. If I run the room at 80% humidity for weeks on end what effect would that have on the plants? I know it depends on cultivar but I'm looking for a general idea of time.

When my stats go out of range it's usually for maybe an hour or two at most. What effect does this have? I would imagine not much as this happens naturally in nature. I'm trying to see where that threshold lies so I know how much time I have to readjust before I hurt performance in an appreciable way.

I think its impossible to know. I can tell you, I had a couple outdoor volunteers that survived 115f and made good buds by harvest time. RH is a bigger problem than temp imo. Too high RH and the plants stop growing or elongate; that will be noticeable the first day. Too cold and they stop growing. They can also handle more heat with higher N. Back in the day, I was able to grow half decent bud over 90f indoors; I'm sure the yield would have been at least 50-100% more if I had a good environment.

Humidity is important with temp, I just bought a 21w Heat mat for my germination station, winter is messing with my seed popping. Carry on. SS
I put seeds in paper towels, in a baggie, on a plate on top of the cable box. It works perfect; before cable, i put the plate on the hot water heater.

I'm growing 2 seeds from the same strain. Both have different things wrong with their leaves even though they both have same exact environment. They both grew fast at the same rates +/-1".

My humidity was too high for a day, so VPD was out of wack. One plant developed spots on some leaves. The other didn't, but had curled up leaf edges from very early.

I have done other stressful conditions and somehow one plant started growing trichomes on stems, and coating the leaves, even though the other hardly had any trichomes.

So I think each plant handles stress a different way.

Attachments

• PXL_20240103_224841257.jpg
    PXL_20240103_224841257.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240103_224357844.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240103_224357844.MP.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I'm growing 2 seeds from the same strain. Both have different things wrong with their leaves even though they both have same exact environment. They both grew fast at the same rates +/-1".

My humidity was too high for a day, so VPD was out of wack. One plant developed spots on some leaves. The other didn't, but had curled up leaf edges from very early.

I have done other stressful conditions and somehow one plant started growing trichomes on stems, and coating the leaves, even though the other hardly had any trichomes.

So I think each plant handles stress a different way.
Yes. I agree. I guess I'm looking for a timeframe that can't really be pinpointed as it depends on the plant itself and what it will endure.

Back
Top Bottom