The BBC's Spaghetti Harvest video. ROFL!!!!

IamN2pot

Dank Daredevil
Reaction score
I first saw this video back in the mid 90's when I was living in A-dam. Fast forward to today, my wife made spaghetti sauce from a bumper crop of tomatoes. (@Moe.Red , @Aqua Man @smoke and all that helped me with my RDWC trainer tomato, remember I transplanted her into a pot? Here are the results! ) 👨‍🌾 (y) :geek: IMG_20230801_092250.jpg
So we had some super delish spaghetti for lunch today and on our walk this evening, I made the comment to her that next time I would have to grow some fresh noodles.... o_O and when I got home we both had a good laugh.

Here is what happened, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti-tree_hoax
The spaghetti-tree hoax was a three-minute hoax report broadcast on April Fools' Day 1957 by the BBC current-affairs programme Panorama, purportedly showing a family in southern Switzerland harvesting spaghetti from the family "spaghetti tree". At the time spaghetti was relatively unknown in the UK, so many British people were unaware that it is made from wheat flour and water; a number of viewers afterwards contacted the BBC for advice on growing their own spaghetti trees. Decades later, CNN called this broadcast "the biggest hoax that any reputable news establishment ever pulled".[1]
and here is the video on how to grow your own spaghetti! 👨‍🌾:rolleyes:

I first saw this video back in the mid 90's when I was living in A-dam. Fast forward to today, my wife made spaghetti sauce from a bumper crop of tomatoes. (@Moe.Red , @Aqua Man @smoke and all that helped me with my RDWC trainer tomato, remember I transplanted her into a pot? Here are the results! ) 👨‍🌾 (y) :geek: View attachment 16305
So we had some super delish spaghetti for lunch today and on our walk this evening, I made the comment to her that next time I would have to grow some fresh noodles.... o_O and when I got home we both had a good laugh.

Here is what happened, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti-tree_hoax
The spaghetti-tree hoax was a three-minute hoax report broadcast on April Fools' Day 1957 by the BBC current-affairs programme Panorama, purportedly showing a family in southern Switzerland harvesting spaghetti from the family "spaghetti tree". At the time spaghetti was relatively unknown in the UK, so many British people were unaware that it is made from wheat flour and water; a number of viewers afterwards contacted the BBC for advice on growing their own spaghetti trees. Decades later, CNN called this broadcast "the biggest hoax that any reputable news establishment ever pulled".[1]
and here is the video on how to grow your own spaghetti! 👨‍🌾:rolleyes:
Some people are gullible, my wife said I thought they made spaghetti with flower.......I had to roll my eyes back at her for that one.

Some people are gullible, my wife said I thought they made spaghetti with flower.......I had to roll my eyes back at her for that one.
Hmmmm...Weedghetti.....Maybe make a medicated Marinara sauce to go with? Medicated garlic bread?

Back
Top Bottom