What will stop this leak?

SiamSam

Hide the Roaches
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Sprayed high quality German foam on top, painted it with 2 coats of roof paint and it still leaks under the sattelite dish. Dont know what to do next so how about your thoughts🗯🦴20231118_173503.jpg

Get a better picture of where it mounts to roof.
What is the roof?

No local roofers in your area that'll help you out? A roofers torch and some roof tar should take care of that problem.

Reactions: MDK
No local roofers in your area that'll help you out? A roofers torch and some roof tar should take care of that problem.
Always amazes me about the things that are not available here....reefers we have but roof tar I have not seen.

Get a better picture of where it mounts to roof.
What is the roof?
Will try for a better still picture..The roof was constructed to keep sun off the kitchen window. He built the roof around the sattelite dish, so built-in-problem....I had a guy come out to look and he said it is to small a problem to quote. ....

Have the guy do it~!
I am the guy back in the states and if I say it is a small problem that means easy to fix.;)
A little tar goes a long way if it is acceptable on the roof system.
Otherwise I would look to caulk around the mount and fasteners.

Have the guy do it~!
I am the guy back in the states and if I say it is a small problem that means easy to fix.;)
A little tar goes a long way if it is acceptable on the roof system.
Otherwise I would look to caulk around the mount and fasteners.
Funny that he wouldnt even quote, but many times they dont care to be with non-natives, who are picky about what they want.

If there are tiles under the foam, then I'd bet a dollar its your under felt that's gone, so the tiles would need lifting, remove the and replace the tile latts, re-felt, then replace the latts and the tiles. Put your dish on a wall or pole. (y)

If there are tiles under the foam, then I'd bet a dollar its your under felt that's gone, so the tiles would need lifting, remove the and replace the tile latts, re-felt, then replace the latts and the tiles. Put your dish on a wall or pole. (y)
Chem, appreciate your diagnosis. My wife says it is outside and nobody cares, so there is that. Agree about sattelite, but is owned by the cable co -- so cannot. Probably will RIP and focus on something else....

Chem, appreciate your diagnosis. My wife says it is outside and nobody cares, so there is that. Agree about sattelite, but is owned by the cable co -- so cannot. Probably will RIP and focus on something else....
Can you have the cable company fix or move it?

I've always liked silicone or tar and a monkey glove (rubber glove) for smaller shit.

Used to use peel and stick for stuff people didn't want to pay to have hot mopped. It was kinda like a quick alternative and decent too. Would be a good route for anyone that isn't too good with roofing. I think it came in 4ft wide rolls you just start at bottom and overlap as you move up. Hard to tell exactly what's going on there or if that'd be practical

Their position is the signal works so they will do nothing. They shook their heads...every day is not your birthday.
Years ago when Direct TV first hit the market I huge one myself. It was an option back in the early 2000's. It took me about 3 hours to get the dish dialed in but I did it. That being said I would probably relocate the dish and maybe look into a product that is available in the states. It is a roof patching product that comes with tar applied to the material. You just cut the material to size and use a torch to heat up the tar and roll it onto the patch area.

Years ago when Direct TV first hit the market I huge one myself. It was an option back in the early 2000's. It took me about 3 hours to get the dish dialed in but I did it. That being said I would probably relocate the dish and maybe look into a product that is available in the states. It is a roof patching product that comes with tar applied to the material. You just cut the material to size and use a torch to heat up the tar and roll it onto the patch area.
Nothing like that here....

Back
Top Bottom