• Look to the moon for answers

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ninjadip

Hydro Ninja
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
You head out to meet Backyard Sally, the night has come. Everything on your list has been checked twice and you are wondering if the moon has always pulled at you in such a way. You've seen the moon before, but it looks different. Sitting on the log where you first saw Sally, you wonder if you are looking for something in the night sky that isn't there.

You are startled by a shift on the log, coolly you come out your trance. You don't even know what it's all about sometimes, but other times it all makes sense. You found something in the moon just now that just called to you, something you could relate with.

"Let's go Kitt." Hops says. She is sitting on the log next to you, staring at the sky. Perhaps looking for whatever you saw.

Breathing heavily, you take one more deep breath and stand up.

"We will travel through Nottingham Forest tonight. We should reach the communications beacon in two hours. For now let us head towards the edge of your family's land."

You lead Hops through the fields. Looking back you have a feeling she is not following you but watching you, looking at you for something within. Passing through the cannabis fields you remember everything you're doing this for. You rub your hand over the gun in your back pocket. Yes, it's there. You're ready. Six are loaded in the revolver and you have six more bullets. You wish you had more, but this isn't time for regrets, you're alive because of that gun. You're alive because of your dad. You will make do, like you've always done before. This time is different... coming back isn't as important as making them pay.

Looking forward but talking backwards you say, "Just let me know when we are close enough and I will do what needs to be done."

You two walk in silence for over an hour. You're ninja training has taught you to stay silent, and observe.

RANDOM ROLL (1D20):
RESULT: HIDDEN to DM
BONUS: Ninja observance active

You stop just a breadth away from a trip wire. You signal to Hops.

On a side note, mention what 1/4 oz of flower you should have and what "effects" it might have on you... Just for reference.

I voted but I understand lot of work to it
you were the one vote, lol, thanks. it was fun, i'm wondering now if i could add something interactive to it via some of the stuff i learned in school.. but it's always a time thing too

not that it was participant dependent, but idk...

what do you think could be a good improvement, or even a completely different approach, to engage some people here in something semi-interactive and entertaining? or am i just out of left field on this

Not sure there, it was a cool concept. I have no idea on how you'd engage people on a mb past posting or contests. Maybe others do?

Not sure if I'm going to continue this..
Man I'm sorry. I was stoked for this and it somehow fell off my radar. I missed week two so I'm gonna see if I can find it.

Man I'm sorry. I was stoked for this and it somehow fell off my radar. I missed week two so I'm gonna see if I can find it.
Don't sweat it. Consider this a test run of sorts for more to come.

you were the one vote, lol, thanks. it was fun, i'm wondering now if i could add something interactive to it via some of the stuff i learned in school.. but it's always a time thing too

not that it was participant dependent, but idk...

what do you think could be a good improvement, or even a completely different approach, to engage some people here in something semi-interactive and entertaining? or am i just out of left field on this
Hear me out...

I think it'll take some time for enough folks to really get into it. I'm sure I'm not alone, with this being my sole social media fix. A little story to break the monotony, similar to the "random picture" and the "what are you listening to" threads.

I guess I just never clicked watch.

I understand the work put into it but I also know the satisfaction of writing something you're happy with, especially if others can get some enjoyment out of it as well.

I used to play a game on xbox that was just like this. A little more interactive as it wasn't a weekly installment, but same same. Something to kill an hour or so 24/7.

I'd ask you to keep going, but if it's not fun anymore, fuck it. I applaud you for putting yourself out there. Writing is art and art is personal.

I started a poetry book awhile back. From Acorn to Oak. A series of poems taking you through life, different points in time for each poem. Before birth, birth, walking, comprehension, food and so on. I started a couple years ago and I'm 6 or 7 pages in. I understand the struggle when it comes to putting the ol brainwaves onto paper, so be proud of yourself for sharing it with all us weirdos.

Hear me out...

I think it'll take some time for enough folks to really get into it. I'm sure I'm not alone, with this being my sole social media fix. A little story to break the monotony, similar to the "random picture" and the "what are you listening to" threads.

I guess I just never clicked watch.

I understand the work put into it but I also know the satisfaction of writing something you're happy with, especially if others can get some enjoyment out of it as well.

I used to play a game on xbox that was just like this. A little more interactive as it wasn't a weekly installment, but same same. Something to kill an hour or so 24/7.

I'd ask you to keep going, but if it's not fun anymore, fuck it. I applaud you for putting yourself out there. Writing is art and art is personal.

I started a poetry book awhile back. From Acorn to Oak. A series of poems taking you through life, different points in time for each poem. Before birth, birth, walking, comprehension, food and so on. I started a couple years ago and I'm 6 or 7 pages in. I understand the struggle when it comes to putting the ol brainwaves onto paper, so be proud of yourself for sharing it with all us weirdos.
Thanks that means a lot. From a writer to another. I used to write a lot a decade or so ago. Tried to get some stuff published in the new Yorker and gave up when that didn't work. Didn't even try something more realistic

But then sometimes I think about the young astronomer who loved the stars so much more before he learned the science behind it(a reference to one of my favorite poems)

You know I'd be down for a poet society(awesome movie) or some kind of collaborate creative writing thread where we could share, have writing collaborations, whatever, idk

What do you think

Thanks that means a lot. From a writer to another. I used to write a lot a decade or so ago. Tried to get some stuff published in the new Yorker and gave up when that didn't work. Didn't even try something more realistic
Man that's still cool. Just trying is cool. It's hard to take those risks.

I initially started that book with intentions of getting it published someday. I'm young so I'm still optimistic. I can't even say I've been writing for decades, yet. I was nothing more than a monkey before my psychedelics phase, just after tech school.

But then sometimes I think about the young astronomer who loved the stars so much more before he learned the science behind it(a reference to one of my favorite poems)
I live an optimistically cynical life. I don't care a lot about much. That's not to say I don't care about anything, my focus is just more pn the present.

You know I'd be down for a poet society(awesome movie) or some kind of collaborate creative writing thread where we could share, have writing collaborations, whatever, idk

What do you think
That's cool man. A little spot for short stories and poems... I can dig it. No pressure. Just art and shit.

Coming back to this I wonder how many people here would be interested in a weekly 2 hour d&d session. I'm sure there is software that can handle a virtual d&d game. If no one else wants to be DM I will, and would love to have at least 4-6 players

Never played it...I think the old school video games are nothing like the table top version. I remember the video games being hack n slash

Oh the old PC d&d is nothing close to the real thing. In real D&d the player is able to try to do anything that comes to mind, if they pass the skill check. It is much more adventurous in heart, it is more like the real world than a game.

For those that haven't played, it is much more fun than you can imagine, especially when you get into your character

I liked it. I just now saw it.
Would you be down for a weekly thing? Will make an official thread on a count later, just curious how many might be interested

I'll have to look into what software is used to do it and see if any are freeware and/or only charge the DM

Would you be down for a weekly thing? Will make an official thread on a count later, just curious how many might be interested

I'll have to look into what software is used to do it and see if any are freeware and/or only charge the DM
If you put it up I will read it.

Back
Top Bottom