Does environmental stress during veg cause issues other than slower growth?

TomH

Herb Hitman
Reaction score
I have two small clones, still has about 4 weeks before I intend to flip to 12:12, they are currently on 18:6.Yesterday, a power failure caused them to sit in the hot and dark for about 7 or 8 hours. The power came back on about lights out time, and I reset all the timers so they remained in the dark for the remainder of this day, but back on to 18:6 now.

Should I be concerned with that short bout of environmental stress to cause any problems down the line with lowered immunity or perhaps hermies?

At the warmest, it was probably in the 110 range (possibly higher), the two plants look fine this morning but I don’t know if this lit a fuse that is going to blow up in mid or late flower?

I have two small clones, still has about 4 weeks before I intend to flip to 12:12, they are currently on 18:6.Yesterday, a power failure caused them to sit in the hot and dark for about 7 or 8 hours. The power came back on about lights out time, and I reset all the timers so they remained in the dark for the remainder of this day, but back on to 18:6 now.

Should I be concerned with that short bout of environmental stress to cause any problems down the line with lowered immunity or perhaps hermies?

At the warmest, it was probably in the 110 range (possibly higher), the two plants look fine this morning but I don’t know if this lit a fuse that is going to blow up in mid or late flower?
Genetics are probably the biggest determining factor… no real way to say but if the stress has been reduced then I don’t feel like 4 weeks later the plant is going to have issues because if that. Acute stress is usually the cause but genetics plays a big role in that

I doubt you have anything to worry about. People put their plants into 36 hrs of darkness before they flip them. Outdoor plants take an immense amount of heat in some places.

Back
Top Bottom