Fall/Winter grow 2024-25

TomH

Herb Hitman
Reaction score
Ya know, it‘s the middle of August, but time marches ever onward, I started preparing my shed to house the more sensitive cactus and succulents this fall and winter.

The shed was used for a couple grows, very successfully but at a considerable cost to keep the shed at a comfortable temp during the summer. True up was moving into the thousands! PG&E effectively made it cheaper to buy top shelf bud at the local shop than grow it myself indoors.

But we have a significant investment in some uncommon and certainly interesting cactus and succulents. Since we’re going to run a small heater, humidifier and dehuy for the dry plants, might as well turn on the tent and run a winter grow!

With that, my daughter and I selected three beans, Skywalker OG, OG Kush and Platinum GSC. Two indica leaning hybrids and one sativa leaner! I’m hoping at least one bean pops and lives for me, its been my achilles heal lately (getting seeds to grow successfully).

At any rate, into a soak this afternoon, the will then move into paper towels tomorrow.

Looking forward to the grow, but need to shift mind sets from the outdoor environment.

As beans pop, I’ll update pictures of the new baby(s). I’ll get pics of the shed next week when I return to the foothills.

We have one seed above soil.
Platinum GSC popped up overnight.

Only two days in soil, still waiting on the OG KUSH and SKYWALKER OG to show.

They soaked 18 hrs in distilled water with a small amount of epsom salt and a pinch of alfalfa meal.

Then wrapped in paper towel for two days and into soil.

Two days, I’m impressed, I hope they are all that lively. IMG_8815.jpegIMG_8816.jpegIMG_8817.jpegIMG_8811.jpegIMG_8808.jpeg

Well, looks like I’m two for three on seedlings.

Platinum GSC is up for five days and pitching the second set of serrated leaves.

Skywalker OG is up for 6 days, a little leggy and not quite as far along with the second set of leaves.

The saga continues. IMG_9150.jpegIMG_9151.jpegIMG_9152.jpegIMG_9153.jpeg

Good seeds and or good light.
Very tight spacing right off the rip when most have no control.
Looks like future bushes~!
I see now how you do it. :sneaky:

they are under a series of Barrina 5000 lights, I don’t recall the vendor, my daughter obtained them about a year ago.

I’m very happy with how they look.

Getting bigger by the day.

Their final home is ready in the shed, about a week or two before I move them into three gallon baskets and flip.

No long veg here, I plan to flip as soon as the roots are comfortable, probably third or fourth week in September. IMG_9754.jpegIMG_9755.jpegIMG_9756.jpegIMG_9757.jpeg

Ya know, it‘s the middle of August, but time marches ever onward, I started preparing my shed to house the more sensitive cactus and succulents this fall and winter.

The shed was used for a couple grows, very successfully but at a considerable cost to keep the shed at a comfortable temp during the summer. True up was moving into the thousands! PG&E effectively made it cheaper to buy top shelf bud at the local shop than grow it myself indoors.

But we have a significant investment in some uncommon and certainly interesting cactus and succulents. Since we’re going to run a small heater, humidifier and dehuy for the dry plants, might as well turn on the tent and run a winter grow!

With that, my daughter and I selected three beans, Skywalker OG, OG Kush and Platinum GSC. Two indica leaning hybrids and one sativa leaner! I’m hoping at least one bean pops and lives for me, its been my achilles heal lately (getting seeds to grow successfully).

At any rate, into a soak this afternoon, the will then move into paper towels tomorrow.

Looking forward to the grow, but need to shift mind sets from the outdoor environment.

As beans pop, I’ll update pictures of the new baby(s). I’ll get pics of the shed next week when I return to the foothills.
My seed popping is very trying in winter, I am popping Lemon Jeffry for winter today! SS

You and me both brother. I got the next Gen just waiting for the 3x3 to be free.
My tent is available, the lung-room isn’t yet habitable.
I can’t use any AC, I can use an oil heater on low if temps drop, so fall/winter and early spring it will be.

Doggone PG&E jacked costs and decreased what they buy KWs back for.
Even with solar, trying to cool the shed in the summer is a Herculean effort.
I’m going to overwinter some of my most sensitive plants in the shed/lung room, which probably isn’t recommended, but I’m space limited and everything will be double checked clean before entry…

It’s a little different, keeps life interesting. A little work but nothing too difficult.

If you stop moving, you die!

They are both about 18 days above soil.

I’m irritated that I forgot to mark which is which?🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m sure I can crack the code if I refer back to photos when in cups. Just an extra step that some non stoned individual wouldn’t need to take 🤔😊

Okay.

These girls (feminized) will get enough time in 24:0 light to settle their roots, get a quick topping then flip to 12:12.

I’m looking forward to how much they stretch with such a short veg time. IMG_9924.jpegIMG_9925.jpegIMG_9926.jpeg

I’m irritated that I forgot to mark which is which?🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m sure I can crack the code if I refer back to photos when in cups. Just an extra step that some non stoned individual wouldn’t need to take 🤔😊
I always seem to have one mystery plant or my numbers don't add up.
I guess no denying being stoned?
But still, I end up often not be able to figure out who the mystery date is~!
Not sure if that is related to still being stoned?
🥴

Today was yard work day.

Cleaned up the yellow leaves. Should be ready for a drink tomorrow.

Settled on lotus nutrient as my pots are probably too small to correctly manage an organic garden.

They are looking strong but need to thicken up the stalks a bit. IMG_0171.jpegIMG_0172.jpegIMG_0173.jpegIMG_0174.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom