First time with outside growing

Terrapin

Bud Brawler
Reaction score
This might not be the smartest thing to do, but I took the one of my week old photo seedlings outside today. I gave her 2 hours of morning sun and then put her in a dog cage greenhouse. It's going to be in the 80's today if it wasn't so windy I wouldn't have used the greenhouse. I need to know what happens first hand with this approach. Any thoughts?
IMG_20240428_081814802_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240428_095617204.jpg

IMG_20240428_095410619_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240428_095453745_HDR.jpg

It turns out what I worried might be a blunder was actually a no brainer. The first plant I put in the greenhouse started praying immediately turned darker green, thicker, popped a bud for its first set of multiple fan leaves in the middle of her trip fan leaves . . . I just put them all on n there, they are all praying together now. There was no hardening off needed.

My goal is to take these through seedling stage and plant them in the ground in the middle of next month in vege with the hours of daylight matching the hours of daylight between now and then and let Nature and the Solstice take it from there. Wish me luck 😂☮️

IMG_20240428_152052060_HDR.jpg

Popping a bud after first true leaves doesn’t sound right to me. You might have an autoflower going there.

It turns out what I worried might be a blunder was actually a no brainer. The first plant I put in the greenhouse started praying immediately turned darker green, thicker, popped a bud for its first set of multiple fan leaves in the middle of her trip fan leaves . . . I just put them all on n there, they are all praying together now. There was no hardening off needed.

My goal is to take these through seedling stage and plant them in the ground in the middle of next month in vege with the hours of daylight matching the hours of daylight between now and then and let Nature and the Solstice take it from there. Wish me luck 😂☮️

View attachment 56011
ImHO way easier to control plants inside pots than in the ground, particularly until you get some grows under your belt. Like what you've done so far.

I hope this doesn't sound prideful because these are the first photos I've ever grown and don't really know what I'm doing . . . But after one day outside the stems and leaves are much thicker and darker green and there has been significant growth. To me it's a no brainer to get outdoor plants outside ASAP, to me these are what healthy thriving one week old seedlings look like as opposed to what was in my closet yesterday.IMG_20240429_075531920_HDR~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom