Grow Bags The Good The Bad and the Ugly 👺

I think a lot of the negative experiences growers have with grow bags is attributable to the quality of the bag. AC infinity has nice pots with the grommets for LST attachment points, nice thick fabric. I tried a new brand this grow and really like them. They are called root pouch. Got 7 5g fabs in a 2x4 tent. They fit fine. They are a little taller but smaller foot print than a ac infinity 5g fab. Only thing negative is no grommet’s but I don’t use LST method much anyway. They are a bit cheaper too which is a plus since I don’t recycle fabric pots.
The shape plays a big role. I know it may seem a 5 gal as a 5 gal but it’s not the case. You will likely need to water them more often as they will hold slightly less water with the same media. Personally i orefer that but not always a benefit

Brother I can dig it! 😎 I water my 3 gal and 5 gal the same way. Oh, you run 5s and 3s? Yep, I know how. Master gardener, who cares. Look at your grow. See what you are doing. Great tutorial here,sticky.SS grower
I’m running sevens now. Seems to be just about right. 🥰

So I am ready to up pot from 1 g plastic.
I have 5g cloth bags but am not sold on them.
I have ignored the bags for over a year, but they are here and ready to go.
So the question for me is are cloth bags worse in flower than veg.
Is that the wrong time to use them?

I use them from cupping to flower. I don’t really see a noticeable difference between processes. Learning to water them properly in my opinion, will be the biggest challenge.

IMO, bags or buckets there is no big difference. If you can properly water a bucket you can water a cloth pot. The cloth pot may dryback a little faster than the bucket but that's about the only difference I see as far as watering. I use 7 gal cloth pots and have had zero issue.

Cloth pots are supposed to assist in keeping the media oxygenated and roots from getting root bound.

First thing I'd do is check to see if they're made from polypropylene or polyethylene woven plastic and they don't contain any BPAs that will leach chemicals into your plants.
I have a collection of freebie off-brand toxic grow bags and now I have to get rid of them the same way I do old batteries and household chemicals at the city hazardous material waste dump

So they say non woven 300gram fabric with Polypropylene handles....
On search for " BPA free plant bags" mine are found.
Thanks for looking out. 👊

Back
Top Bottom