Has anybody heard of Wollastonite as Silica source?

Seb

Ganja Guerrilla
Reaction score

Prof Bugbee talks about Wollastonite as bioavailable Silica source which is cheap and slow releasing. I have not found much around the interwebs and was curious if anybody has used it. It sounds pretty good according to Bugbee's research. In his paper they applied 1g/L of medium and 1 pound of the stuff is around $5. It does raise ph by 1.0. Monosilicic acid is even more expensive outside of the US so I thought it might be interesting.

What do you think?

Prof Bugbee talks about Wollastonite as bioavailable Silica source which is cheap and slow releasing. I have not found much around the interwebs and was curious if anybody has used it. It sounds pretty good according to Bugbee's research. In his paper they applied 1g/L of medium and 1 pound of the stuff is around $5. It does raise ph by 1.0. Monosilicic acid is even more expensive outside of the US so I thought it might be interesting.

What do you think?
Wallace and Gromit is what you lots always fet on about init. Toasted rice husks should also be affordable and slow releasing.

Back
Top Bottom