High edible tolerance anyone?

SpectrumFarms

Chronic Chemist
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else experience this? I can eat a 1000mg nerd rope and get I just get sleepy like a heavy Indica stone. I’m noticing this in other areas with plant and fungi based psychedelics, I have to ingest very large quantities to get any effects with very short durations. I hear and read about all the crazy edible stories and I just like to experience one. 🙃

Does anyone else experience this? I can eat a 1000mg nerd rope and get I just get sleepy like a heavy Indica stone. I’m noticing this in other areas with plant and fungi based psychedelics, I have to ingest very large quantities to get any effects with very short durations. I hear and read about all the crazy edible stories and I just like to experience one. 🙃

Depends for me. Many dispo edibles don't do much for me unless I take in a gawdy amount like 10x recommended dose. But homemade edibles wreck my day pretty good

Depends for me. Many dispo edibles don't do much for me unless I take in a gawdy amount like 10x recommended dose. But homemade edibles wreck my day pretty good
I used to make my own and I thought I was doing it wrong never got any effects either. Guess I could just try making RSO never thought about that until now.

I used to make my own and I thought I was doing it wrong never got any effects either. Guess I could just try making RSO never thought about that until now.

They're much better when using undiluted hash oil IMO. At home edibles using things like infused butter from flower never did much and could be hit or miss but pure rosin oil was a game changer for me.
I think many times with dispo stuff a selected batch may have been tested and is potent but not the entire lot # of that product so a 50mg might be more like 5mg. Similar to flower testing at 30% but what you get to buy is more like lower plant bud in the low teens.

Edibles don't do the same thing to me at all.
It is either very light to nothing or I am as giddy as a schoolgirl and I just laugh at anything.
Never had edibles that took away my urge to smoke one either.
We would eat a nerd rope throughout the day and smoke break, lunch and afternoon break.
Making RSO is pretty easy and super concentrated. I smoke it~!DSC_0647 - Copy.JPG

Edibles don't do the same thing to me at all.
It is either very light to nothing or I am as giddy as a schoolgirl and I just laugh at anything.
Never had edibles that took away my urge to smoke one either.
We would eat a nerd rope throughout the day and smoke break, lunch and afternoon break.
Making RSO is pretty easy and super concentrated. I smoke it~!View attachment 67880
I’m going do more research and make some soon then. What’s your preferred for extraction ISO or Everclear?

An article that I read on the MAPS website years ago indicated that there is a small subset of the population that are "super-consumers" of psilocybin. While 10mg is considered the minimum dose for psilocybin, super-consumers need 50 mg or more to even begin to feel it.

I would imagine a reversible MAOI (grapefruit juice, currant juice or chocolate) might assist but probably not significantly.

An article that I read on the MAPS website years ago indicated that there is a small subset of the population that are "super-consumers" of psilocybin. While 10mg is considered the minimum dose for psilocybin, super-consumers need 50 mg or more to even begin to feel it.

I would imagine a reversible MAOI (grapefruit juice, currant juice or chocolate) might assist but probably not significantly.
I will have to go look for that article on MAPS seems to fit. I have tried the citrus route with no luck I did do some reading and maybe a harmala as the MAOI will help. Time to be a research monkey! 🤓

I will have to go look for that article on MAPS seems to fit. I have tried the citrus route with no luck I did do some reading and maybe a harmala as the MAOI will help. Time to be a research monkey! 🤓
I recall discussions involving harmala, but honestly don't recall if they were positive or negative.
It was many years ago (around 2009) and the intervening years haven't been kind to my memory (read that as I smoke too much weed to remember doodly-squat! ) ;)

"Harmala alkaloids are several alkaloids that act as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). These alkaloids are found in the seeds of Peganum harmala (also known as Harmal or Syrian Rue), as well as Banisteriopsis caapi (ayahuasca), leaves of tobacco[1] and coffee beans.[2] The alkaloids include harmine, harmaline, harmalol, and their derivatives, which have similar chemical structures, hence the name "harmala alkaloids". These alkaloids are of interest for their use in Amazonian shamanism, where they are derived from other plants. Harmine, once known as telepathine and banisterine"

When something is called "Telepathine" in the past, it probably has some interesting effects! Hmmm.

I ate 3000-4000 mg of gummies

Homemade from a member here.

I ain't feel shit!

I have used both.
Since I really smoke it I use ISO most often.
I use a 91% cheap brand and let it kick off longer than most.
Here is an interesting thread; https://budbuilders.org/threads/simple-hack-takes-rso-up-to-distillate-quality.107/
Steam much respect that said I’m gonna throw my two cents. Here . I am now In The business of recycling ISO and ethyl based alcohol and I would really rather see you use something ethyl based - I know I know u purge extra but it still leaves residue - for that matter so does ethyl but it’s in everything we eat it’s def more expensive but… @Aqua Man has a nice gummie recipe if he hasn’t already shared it - if ya go to a dispo try something with thcg to help absorb the thca

i don't know what it is but gummies, cookies and even shrooms don't do anything to me. maybe i'm an alien and just respond to weed. lol

Steam much respect that said I’m gonna throw my two cents. Here . I am now In The business of recycling ISO and ethyl based alcohol and I would really rather see you use something ethyl based - I know I know u purge extra but it still leaves residue - for that matter so does ethyl but it’s in everything we eat it’s def more expensive but… @Aqua Man has a nice gummie recipe if he hasn’t already shared it - if ya go to a dispo try something with thcg to help absorb the thca
Can dig it up if needed.

i don't know what it is but gummies, cookies and even shrooms don't do anything to me. maybe i'm an alien and just respond to weed. lol
I found out that for me to trip. I have to eat what most people would eat as a heroic dose 8-10g and even then I don’t get full hallucinations. I see fractals but, I’m trying to meet the Elves 😵‍💫😃! I’ve got some PE growing now, gonna see where a 20g lemon tek lands me. 🤞

I found out that for me to trip. I have to eat what most people would eat as a heroic dose 8-10g and even then I don’t get full hallucinations. I see fractals but, I’m trying to meet the Elves 😵‍💫😃! I’ve got some PE growing now, gonna see where a 20g lemon tek lands me. 🤞
i was gonna say u gotta turn the psilocybin into psilocin. or take alot.

Right there with ya. 500 mg is barely noticable. Like driving all day and then feeling like you are still moving when you stop. I've given up trying.

Have you done the 20g tea yet

For all you folks that don't get high from edibles I would recommend trying Green Dragon tincture. A dropper under the tongue and you will be buzzing in 15 minutes. You've just bypassed your entire digestive process and went direct.
I think there are other advantages too. Like you get real high but your body is not turned to rubber. It's also pretty cheap to do. I extract strictly with Everclear. I don't use iso for anything that I'll ingest.

That gives a fair description of the process.

I was making all kinds of wonderul 200 mg gummies for a while but my tolerance just continued to escalate to the point that the gummies I was eating were putting me over my daily carbs. The other issue with oil based gummies and edibles was that when I woke up the next day I could still be fucked up and legs feeling rubbery, Tincture works better for me overall.

Back
Top Bottom