Oil Reclaim

Bandit420

The Texican
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Most of my pieces I let this stuff go thru cleaning the piece and don't try to collect it. But now I have a Puffco Proxy and it collects a lot of this stuff. Comes out of the pod part and settles down in the base of the sherlock.

To keep the proxy going all I've been doing is cleaning the carb cap about every two days. Clean the 3D chamber bowl after each use. And when I pull the whole pod out I scrape a bunch of wax off and give it and the 3D chamber a good wipe down but leave the collected stuff down in the pipe.
I've been letting it accumulate but today saw it starting to get so full it was beginning to flow up into the mouthpiece so I figured I'd clear it.

IMG_7149.JPG

Is this stuff ok to smoke or vape?
It's extremely waxy like that of a wax ring for a toilet. Big time PITA to work with so I've been chilling the sherlock to stabilize it then try to pop some out but it goes back to goo in less than a minute.
I've got a lot out but there's more in there. I'd say I have 2/3 of the accumulation out of it

Most of my pieces I let this stuff go thru cleaning the piece and don't try to collect it. But now I have a Puffco Proxy and it collects a lot of this stuff. Comes out of the pod part and settles down in the base of the sherlock.

To keep the proxy going all I've been doing is cleaning the carb cap about every two days. Clean the 3D chamber bowl after each use. And when I pull the whole pod out I scrape a bunch of wax off and give it and the 3D chamber a good wipe down but leave the collected stuff down in the pipe.
I've been letting it accumulate but today saw it starting to get so full it was beginning to flow up into the mouthpiece so I figured I'd clear it.

View attachment 58246

It's extremely waxy like that of a wax ring for a toilet. Big time PITA to work with so I've been chilling the sherlock to stabilize it then try to pop some out but it goes back to goo in less than a minute.
I've got a lot out but there's more in there. I'd say I have 2/3 of the accumulation out of it
Fire it up!

View attachment 58246

i use any dab reclaim with my dip dabs, it still tears me up so i'm not tossing it out!!!!

001.JPG

probably would work for a great edible too!!!

It's no different than reclaim from a regular caveman rig imo

Cool!
Most of my pieces are just too much hassle to try to get it out or it ends up in a place like a bend in glass or a diffuser in an ashcatcher so it gets washed out with iso and I don't try to save it at all.
I've seen some rigs with special attachment just for reclaim but just never really looked into it

i use any dab reclaim with my dip dabs, it still tears me up so i'm not tossing it out!!!!

View attachment 58250

probably would work for a great edible too!!!

This is brilliant!!!
Those dippers have kinda fallen out of favor for me after getting the Peak Pro and now the Proxy so this might get them back into use for me instead of sitting there on the dab bar getting neglected.
I was trying to use them as my daily drivers but it just wasn't working out for me. Then I got the proxy and haven't looked back when it comes to the daily driver piece.

BTW it finally clicked with me and the pearls. I just wasn't using pieces that were compatible with them be it coiled atomizers or quartz bowls that were too small but now with the 3D chambers it's like peanut butter and chocolate with the pearls!

Cool!
Most of my pieces are just too much hassle to try to get it out or it ends up in a place like a bend in glass or a diffuser in an ashcatcher so it gets washed out with iso and I don't try to save it at all.
I've seen some rigs with special attachment just for reclaim but just never really looked into it

This is brilliant!!!
Those dippers have kinda fallen out of favor for me after getting the Peak Pro and now the Proxy so this might get them back into use for me instead of sitting there on the dab bar getting neglected.
I was trying to use them as my daily drivers but it just wasn't working out for me. Then I got the proxy and haven't looked back when it comes to the daily driver piece.

BTW it finally clicked with me and the pearls. I just wasn't using pieces that were compatible with them be it coiled atomizers or quartz bowls that were too small but now with the 3D chambers it's like peanut butter and chocolate with the pearls!

the pearls help throw the oil on the side walls and keep anything from puddling and not vaporizing. even when using a joystick cap a pearl still has a function. i don't feel they're a game changer, but still useful.

is the proxy chamber the same size as the 3d peak? (normal 3d, not the XL3D)

i still want an xl but i ain't paying $100 w/delivery!

5 lbs goes good with about 16 to 17 grams

the pearls help throw the oil on the side walls and keep anything from puddling and not vaporizing. even when using a joystick cap a pearl still has a function. i don't feel they're a game changer, but still useful.

is the proxy chamber the same size as the 3d peak? (normal 3d, not the XL3D)

i still want an xl but i ain't paying $100 w/delivery!

The Proxy chamber is much smaller.....

IMG_7151.JPG

Proxy is definitely sized for 1-2 people and no where close to being party bowl sized. I wanna get the joystick cap for the proxy too because it's just better but forgot to order it during the 420 sale.

I tried chilling the sherlock hoping the wax could just be pried out in chunks or chips like shatter but it was a no-go. I'm gonna go with heat now and turn the pipe upside down, put a heat mat over it to warm it up, and wait for the goo to drain out of it onto parchment.
I could probably get it out with iso but I wanna keep this solventless

IMG_7155.JPG

So as I've got it here waiting, that big glob turned into a puddle at room temp

IMG_7153.JPG

Now this idea of edibles...I like it the more I think about it. 😋
This stuff is already decarbed right?
So I could mix it in with warm melted chocolate or like Stonemason, caramel, and make a big ol hunka hunka chocolate bar? Like a dark chocolate and hash bar? What about maybe cordial cherries?
I see the molds for chocolate on amazon and there's options for bars but also cordials and that would be kinda cool to suck on some dark hashy chocolate to get to a marachino cherry center🫠

You keep it out in the garage or something it'll firm up over time....I've had better tasting reclaim than dabs before, just depends on the dabs it came from...or oil .. whatever

But yea good reclaim is better than bad dabs imo 😂

So we keep ours jar up for storage and put it in gel caps as needed great for pain and sleep - also donate to others who use it as much like rso oil. One lady treats here “movement” issues with a daily dose claims it gives her some normalcy over the chrons disease IMG_1360.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom