Skunk #1: week 7, quite yellow. Will this get to 10?

TomH

Herb Hitman
Reaction score
My good friend Skunk #1 has more autumnal colors than I’m comfortable with, however tomorrow clicks past week 7.

Supposed to go 8 to 9 weeks, but with so much fading growth, can it still finish properly?

Can a plant with this much yellowing finish properly?

I just never could get in front of the nitrogen requirements of this thing once it started to flower. I blame the small and black color of the cloth bag it’s growing in. But I’m sure I did recognize the signs in time either.

Cost of education.

So my question:

Let it go or chop early?IMG_0320.jpegIMG_0316.jpegIMG_0364.jpeg

I have never finished green in my life~!
You'll have better or possibly the best flavor ever if all your stuff has always been green.
Let the plant finish. It is just naturally removing all the stuff you don't want in it finished anyways IMO.

Steam never finishes green. I'd say you'll be fine. 3 weeks might be pushing it but those plants look great to me.
My Strawberry Lemonade started an early fade. Two other plants have barely begun.

In the end it just saved me a lot of trimming. Mine was smoothly progressing for weeks bottom to top. A few random fan leaves too.

In most cases what you are seeing is a nute issue but this close to the end riding it out is how I go.
Stoner rambling;
Also this plant does not know where you have located it.
Part of a plant shedding foliage near end of fruiting can be considered a defense against molds and such. At least how I view it.
Plant is defoliating for you. Naturally.
My goal as G$ joked is to have almost no fan blades left at harvest.
Even indoors I try to get the plant to shed before chop.
I stop feeding 2-3 weeks before chop if I know for sure and hope to see more of it .
Trim jail is so much shorter when all you are trimming is sugar leaves.

Even indoors I try to get the plant to shed before chop. I stop feeding 2-3 weeks before chop if I know for sure and hope to see more of it. Trim jail is so much shorter when all you are trimming is sugar leaves.

I’ve usually fed to the end but tried a few things here and there.

Current grow I alternated watering and feeding up to flower. The fed each time. Now I’m just watering JB & PD until there done. I’m at day 76 since flip, week 11.

I need the space open for the next Gen but they are taking their sweet time.

DSC_0049 - Copy.JPG
^ This one is good. Sirius Black ^
DSC_0044 - Copy.JPG
^ This one I WOULD help if I thought it had enough time. Zamal Dreams [ sativa] that would like more time^ Picture taken a week or two ago.
Here these plants need to have the sense of doom, so I only hope that it speeds up finish.
Any other effort IMO would only extend the grow time needed which is not available. The plant does not need to spend time, energy or effort to grow more leaves or better leaves. I want it focused on fruiting.
By letting this plant suffer from here out I hope it finishes and keeps mold at bay.

What you're seeing is called "senescence" which means your plant is at the end stages of its life cycle. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it being 2-4 weeks out from harvest. Yes, I know that part of the game we play is trying to keep our plants as green as possible for as long as possible ... but some color change is inevitable. It's going to happen.

How often are you watering these days? My guess is the plant's uptake is beginning to slow down ... also normal, and its watering needs isn't the same as it was a couple of weeks ago. What would I do? Nothing much different than you already are. Just keep watching the trichomes as she finishes and pay attention to how often she is asking for water.

What you're seeing is called "senescence" which means your plant is at the end stages of its life cycle. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it being 2-4 weeks out from harvest. Yes, I know that part of the game we play is trying to keep our plants as green as possible for as long as possible ... but some color change is inevitable. It's going to happen.

How often are you watering these days? My guess is the plant's uptake is beginning to slow down ... also normal, and its watering needs isn't the same as it was a couple of weeks ago. What would I do? Nothing much different than you already are. Just keep watching the trichomes as she finishes and pay attention to how often she is asking for water.
I’m still in a very warm and arid time of year, moving into another 10 day warm spell.
At this time, during the cool spell (mid to upper 80s during the day with RH in the low 30s) it was still requiring 2 a day watering to keep from getting droopy leaves. I also check the soil with a skewer, they are drinking the bags dry in a half day!

In the coming warm spell, we‘ll have temps in the upper 90s or low 100s, RH in the teens to single digits. When I start seeing the bags fail to dry out by the 2nd watering I’ll be dropping it to 1 a day. But I’m not noticing any slowdown in drinking yet.

I’m still in a very warm and arid time of year, moving into another 10 day warm spell.
At this time, during the cool spell (mid to upper 80s during the day with RH in the low 30s) it was still requiring 2 a day watering to keep from getting droopy leaves. I also check the soil with a skewer, they are drinking the bags dry in a half day!

In the coming warm spell, we‘ll have temps in the upper 90s or low 100s, RH in the teens to single digits. When I start seeing the bags fail to dry out by the 2nd watering I’ll be dropping it to 1 a day. But I’m not noticing any slowdown in drinking yet.
Then she is still actively "growing," and you have a very good chance of finishing in 10 weeks as long as weather holds for you.

For me, fall weather usually creates potential issues. However, with that said, September this year has been pretty good weather-wise for Michigan.

Edit: While you may see a yellowing plant that has you asking a few questions ... I see a beautiful plant entering its end of life stages and that means so far ... Job well done!

Last edited:
I have never finished green in my life~!
You'll have better or possibly the best flavor ever if all your stuff has always been green.
Let the plant finish. It is just naturally removing all the stuff you don't want in it finished anyways IMO.
Plants should not finish "green"
Nor do they naturally.

If harvesting green plants you're harvesting chlorophyll, and early, and not reaching cannabinoid profile maturity.

And possibly reducing yield.

Plants should not finish "green"
Nor do they naturally.

If harvesting green plants you're harvesting chlorophyll, and early, and not reaching cannabinoid profile maturity.

And possibly reducing yield.
Please lettuce snot forget the immoral words of Shermit the Frog, " Tain't EZ bean green."

Back
Top Bottom