THCA products being sold due to the Farm Bill loophole

Bandit420

The Texican
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Good? Bad? Fake? WTF?

First it was CBD for pain. Bunk
Next it was Delta 8 + terps to get high. Bunk
Now it's THCA but when heated becomes Delta 9 and people are getting ripped on this stuff.

This stuff has a market in my city and I'm skeptical but people are swearing by it.
I was presented with flower and passed on it but it did look like normal dispo weed and smelled pretty good.
This market has taken such a hold nobody has a "weed guy" anymore unless it's something shady thru Telegram.
It's mostly all delivery or mail order services in this city now

Thought about it some so now I'm taking a chance and placed an order to see for myself.
Anybody else try this stuff?

Last edited:
I’ve never smoked it but do have gummies with 20% Thca and 20% cbd and they are quite potent……….but I build up a tolerance to them very quickly and must switch to others (mine) for a change.

i've had this article saved for a long time now and always thought it was sound.

"So here is the deal. THCA (Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid) is found in abundance in growing and harvested cannabis and is a biosynthetic precursor of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). Wow, this sounds scary like organic chemistry, doesn’t it? It is, so for both of our benefits, I’ll give you the dumbed down version.

Research suggests THCA has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects but does not produce the psychoactive effect that make you feel “highâ€. This “high†is from the cannabinoid THC, of which little if any is found when cannabis is growing or recently harvested.

Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that releases carbon dioxide (CO2). This means a chemical reaction takes place in which carboxylic acids loose a carbon atom from a carbon chain. This process converts THCA to THC, the much loved compound with many medicinal and psychoactive effects. When the cannabis drys, it very very slowly begins to decarboxylate and converts THCA to THC."

Good? Bad? Fake? WTF?

Now it's THCA but when heated becomes Delta 9 and people are getting ripped on this stuff.

This stuff has a market in my city and I'm skeptical but people are swearing by it.
I was presented with flower and passed on it but it did look like normal dispo weed and smelled pretty good.
This market has taken such a hold nobody has a "weed guy" anymore unless it's something shady thru Telegram.

Thought about it some so now I'm taking a chance and placed an order to see for myself.

I thought there was also some THC0 or 10. I think that was the gas. I used to get on this when I was on papers, probably would have failed me anyway, but i never was tested when i was doing it. but i only smoked like 1 a week, it was weird, just not right, but i got problems and this was what they had at the time

THC-O, or Tetrahydrocannabinol, is a non-natural cannabinoid. Also called THC-O-acetate, this compound is not derived from hemp in the same way other cannabis products, like CBD, CBG, and CBN are. This means that THC-O is not found naturally in the hemp plant. To synthesize THC-O, acetic anhydride is used

I can't remember if thca was out there at the time or not to be honest

you're right about delta 8, it was trash. might taste like, nothing but a headache came from that
there was some kinda fake moon-rock shit that was so fuckin good, i even mixed that with real once i fell off that damn wagon. i forgot what that was made of though, i tried to search, but who knows where these guys get this stuff

there are no dispos in VA, yet it's legal to possess and grow. so these fake products still have a hold on the market here, our governor doesn't want dispos.... it's funny

now i just go to one of 10 tobacco huts or vape-like stores in my small city to get papers when needed lol
love my OCB bamboo slim papers, they are extra long and slim, less paper=better but requires skillz

i've never tried any mail order stuff, but we have a service here on facebook that will bring real flower to you, but i never have. This guy owns a smoke club in town that you pay to get in, and can smoke as much as you want, watch tv, play pool, dj, karoake, etc...

i think i'm high

"Delta-9 THC is most common, known for strong psychoactive properties, while Delta-8 and Delta-10 provide milder experiences. Non-psychoactive variants such as THCA and THCV offer health benefits without the high, and newer forms like THCP and THC-O are being explored for their unique effects."

Yeah. From my understanding, THCA products are literally just weed, branded accurately. It's not THC until it's burned.

In illegal states, you'll still go to jail for it and you'll still fail a drug test. It's just a way for suppliers to sell it legally.

We do mail order bud from Michigan. It's pretty meh most of the time but there have been a few fire bags. One zip was moldy. Wife reached out to her and got no reply, so she posted it on the gals discord to help make others aware that may have ordered the same strain. Still no response.

Either way.. I'm sure you'll be at least somewhat satisfied with your order. It's literally just weed. Yours is likely better, but it's still gonna be weed.

I refuse to buy flower and kinda like going out to dinner, I order things off the menu I'd never make at home.
I have little faith in the sodas actually getting me high at only 10mg but I picked the most potent extracts on the menu. Prices are high too like regular weed dispo prices in tourist cities.
It wouldn't let me order disposable vapes due to my zipcode

order.png

Dug a little deeper and there's sources for the good stuff, like pretty much a brick and mortar dispo, and there's stuff to avoid being sold at places like cheap smoke shops and gas stations.
So I found a dispo. One of only a few around town. Stepping in I'd think I was in a legal state.
Walk into a small room at a store front and behind a bullet proof glass window with bank teller like drawer, I pass my ID thru. They check it, hand it back, hit a buzzer and a large steel door unlocks. Go thru the door and I'm in the dispo and it looks like any other legal state dispo.
3 budtenders behind the glass counter, one for each customer allowed in.
Lots of stuff in the glass, hanging on the wall, and even a cooler with beverages.
I had ordered online and got a 10% discount and just pretty much picked up my order and paid for it.

Here's what I got for about $73 + I tipped my budtender 20%

IMG_7782[1].jpeg

IMG_7783[1].jpeg

First thing I notice is no % or lab report or any kind of tracking.

Open them up and here's what I see. I put my own home grown rosin from cannabis next to it in the silicone jar for comparison

IMG_7786[1].jpeg

My weapon of choice, a Puffco Proxy

IMG_7789[1].jpeg

I started off with the diamonds because I've only had diamonds a few times in my life.
Once from a Chicago dispo and it was terrible and near unusable due to it melting into a film coating the whole inside of the bucket including the lid. Two other times from Denver and Vegas and the experience was decent but underwhelming.

This bucket of THCa diamonds was everything I'd expect such a concentrate to be and then some. This stuff, in a prohibition state, is so much better than the stuff I'd had from legal states it's not even close.

Next to no flavor. Only flavor I could pick up was just from the oil reclaim dump in the Proxy as it got heated up.

Mild lung expansion but I did cough on some huge clouds about midway thru the bowl.

A slight creeper effect taking about 5 minutes to kick in after first hit.

By the time the bowl was done I was tripping balls and soaring high.
It is no joke!!!
A well balanced hybrid high but leaning more haze and active. High AF, forgetting shit, doing silly stoner shit, raging cotton mouth, and just straight fucked up hard for about 2 hours.

Start coming down and kinda wanna nap but still active then at 2 1/2 hours, sober as a nun.

I haven't tried the crumble wax yet because I got so high off the diamonds but I'll try it today.
These were 2g test samples but next time I order I'll get 14 gram "baller buckets" and get huge discounts buying in bulk.
So far I'd give the diamonds a 10/10 star rating and I'm still feeling tickled this legal loop hole with the Farm Bill even exists.

Last edited:
Dug a little deeper and there's sources for the good stuff, like pretty much a brick and mortar dispo, and there's stuff to avoid being sold at places like cheap smoke shops and gas stations.
So I found a dispo. One of only a few around town. Stepping in I'd think I was in a legal state.
Walk into a small room at a store front and behind a bullet proof glass window with bank teller like drawer, I pass my ID thru. They check it, hand it back, hit a buzzer and a large steel door unlocks. Go thru the door and I'm in the dispo and it looks like any other legal state dispo.
Lots of stuff in the glass, hanging on the wall, and even a cooler with beverages.
I had ordered online and got a 10% discount and just pretty much picked up my order and paid for it.

View attachment 72686

View attachment 72687

Open them up and here's what I see. I put my own home grown rosin from cannabis next to it in the silicone jar for comparison

View attachment 72688

View attachment 72689

I started off with the diamonds because I've only had diamonds a few times in my life.
Once from a Chicago dispo and it was terrible and near unusable due to it melting into a film coating the whole inside of the bucket including the lid. Two other times from Denver and Vegas and the experience was decent but underwhelming.
This bucket of THCa diamonds was everything I'd expect such a concentrate to be and then some. This stuff, in a prohibition state, is so much better than the stuff I'd had from legal states it's not even close.
Next to no flavor. Only flavor I could pick up was just from the oil reclaim dump in the Proxy as it got heated up.
Mild lung expansion but I did cough on some huge clouds about midway thru the bowl.
It is no joke!!! A well balanced hybrid high but leaning more haze and active. High AF, forgetting shit, doing silly stoner shit, raging cotton mouth, and just straight fucked up hard for about 2 hours.
Start coming down and kinda wanna nap but still active then at 2 1/2 hours, sober as a nun.
I haven't tried the crumble wax yet because I got so high off the diamonds but I'll try it today.
These were 2g test samples but next time I order I'll get 14 gram "baller buckets" and get huge discounts buying in bulk.
So far I'd give the diamonds a 10/10 star rating and I'm still feeling tickled this legal loop hole with the Farm Bill even exists.
Well written review, thanks for sharing. It's like I was there

Well written review, thanks for sharing. It's like I was there

Happy to spread the word about this!

very cool, an outlaw store for an outlaw!!!!

Definitely a new frontier and it feels like a 3rd times the charm kinda thing.
The hemp derived CBD market and Delta 8 had the bottom fall out on it. The products were junk but you had a lot of people feeling a placebo effect along with shady marketing.
Then there was also the weird hipster angle of people smoking delta 8 in public as a way to be cool and doing influencer type hype around it only for real stoners like myself to pretty much say fuck you it's fake and you're fake too.

Those two failures made me so skeptical of this and I still am.
Like I'm not sure about the edibles and I'm not really looking to find out. The flower always looks too dry and kinda off. And fugetabout shit like prerolls.
Concentrates and extracts where they isolate THCa seems ideal if we're doing this and by golly they hit!

This shop I visited is in probably the most gentrified part of town. Didn't feel like Texas at all. Felt more like Brooklyn with the people and the scene in the neighborhood. Wouldn't surprise me if the people living there called the area a borough.

The shop is also backed by Leafly. There was a whoa factor in that because the Texas AG and Lt. Governor have sued and lost to shut this down but I'm sure they're not done so having the backing of Leafly and it's team of lawyers tells me it's here to stay.
To change it would mean scrapping the Farm Bill and good luck with that and how slow shit moves in DC.

I got into the wax crumble yesterday and more of the same type of effects but with hashy flavor.
The high can be very intense. Like don't drive or operate heavy machinery type intense.

One thing that bugs me is using known names of cannabis strains.
Like seeing Alien Rock Candy was an automatic to get it in my shopping basket. And IDK what this is but it's not THE ARC you sent me so long ago that tasted like pink lemonade jolly ranchers.
It irritated me with the Delta 8 stuff because I felt there's no way that hemp is something like GSC and here they are hijacking those names.
Just always felt that was disrespectful to the real breeders of those cannabis strains and I called out those vendors more than a few times saying just that. I'd get the typical half assed and shady replies of somebody chasing a nickel a 1000 other people are chasing. I'd prefer they just make up new names. Nothing wrong with that at all IMO.

So I went ahead and placed an order for a baller bucket hahaha! 14g of something called Dream Factory.
Looks like I'll need to revisit your DIY cart tutorial so I can be cool like you and turn diamonds into oil and carts!

Good? Bad? Fake? WTF?

I am new to the "Loophole" cannabis, is it cannabis? We growers know cannabis, so what's up with this mish mash? SS No, I haven't tried it, love those choclates though,Cheers Bandit.

I am new to the "Loophole" cannabis, is it cannabis? We growers know cannabis, so what's up with this mish mash? SS No, I haven't tried it, love those choclates though,Cheers Bandit.

Here's how this works....Cannabis and hemp share many of the same things chemically, just in different quantities of cannabinoids.

In 2018 the US passed the Farm Bill which expires every 5 years and then renewed. It expired in 2023 and we're now in the first year of it's second 5 year run.
Among many things in the Farm Bill, hemp was taken off the controlled substances list and as long as it's delta 9 THC does not test above 0.3%, it's considered hemp and not cannabis.
Along with that, the USDA is pretty much excluded in the Farm Bill so they have no say in this.

The important thing to know is that the DEA only tests and prosecutes Delta 9 THC. It does not test or prosecute THCa or other cannabinoids.

Testing and recognizing Delta 9 as the only cannabinoid that separates hemp from cannabis creates a loophole in the law.
It leaves the door open for THCa to be extracted, sold, and used freely and openly by anybody but many times you do need to be at least 18 or 21 and older to buy it.

Hemp has THCa in it and thru breeding and selecting genetics like cannabis has shown, can be bred to increase it's levels of THCa.

Many of the US hemp farms are based in states that do not offer legal or medicinal marijuana such as Texas, North Carolina, and many others mostly in the Southern USA.

So these farms are selling hemp to people who will extract the THCa from the hemp or sell hemp flowers high in THCa.
They package it and then sell it many ways from brick and mortar stores to online mail order and even mobile dispensaries.

As Stoney posted, THCa is the precursor to THC that gets us all high.
All THCa needs to become THC is heat.
So by decarbing, vaping, or smoking THCa you in fact turn it into THC and get high off it. The same high you get from smoking cannabis. And I can vouch for it...you get very high off it!!!

Given your location, you'd probably have to call the few CBD and smoke shops up in Port Lavaca or Corpus Christi and ask if they carry THCa products.
There's also online/mail order services like Hello Mood

Prices vary on this stuff and some even costs more than cannabis products.

I recommend starting off with something like a disposable vape where you simply take it out of the package and inhale, it's that ez and will cost around $30-$40.
If you have a pen vape then you can buy cartridges for it and if you have a bong, pipe, or dab rig for smoking concentrates then you can buy wax and diamonds and smoke it that way.
There's also prerolled joints, loose flower buds, and edibles with THCa

Last edited:
Here's a cart and a 14gram bucket of diamonds.
The cart is spooky potent and gets down to business right away.
One thing I notice about these is they lack the terps cannabis has so it's all like 100% psychoactive euphoria without the entourage effects that can bring munchies, warmth and soothing effects to pain, and aroma therapy. Naw it's just a hit you upside the head whollop THC high

IMG_7790[1].jpeg

cart is a standard 510 thread that fits on most batteries

IMG_7795[1].jpeg

Drinks! Gotta 4 pack sampler of sodas and seltzers

IMG_7797[1].jpeg

IMG_7799[1].jpeg

The sodas or edibles I question without decarboloxation.
It is said through time/ fermentatation the same effect as decarb can be had and a bud cure as such could be eaten and the effect felt.
Buck Rodgers stuff~! 🚀

The sodas or edibles I question without decarboloxation.
It is said through time/ fermentatation the same effect as decarb can be had and a bud cure as such could be eaten and the effect felt.
Buck Rodgers stuff~! 🚀

It's kinda peculiar to me the drinks have THC and not THCa stamped on them.
I agree though...at 10mg even if they were cannabis derived I doubt they'd get me high

So the last of my samples came in...More diamonds and batter. The Hello Mood stuff looks way cleaner than the local scores but also way spendier. I'll sample tonight 😋

IMG_7805[1].jpeg

The 10mg sodas did nothing for me as expected.
However...some more samples of goods

There's several types of carts and disposable vape options.
There's live resin, refined thca, and liquid diamonds.
Of the three, I like refined more than the others.

The disposables are liquid diamonds and they're potent but taste awful. If you've ever smoked Kentucky ditch weed, smelled stinky feet, tasted dirty week old laundry in a musty gym bag, that's what it tastes like.

Live resin is the same...tastes like dirty feet but gets you high.

The refined thca carts taste great since they have flavored terps in there but are also more potent than the rest

IMG_7882[1].jpeg

And now 14 g buckets or both sugar or badder are available.
I went with the sugar for only $140/14g and it's pretty good. Smooth smoke and very potent

IMG_7884[1].jpeg

So after all the sampling I'm down to what I'll buy again...
refined thca carts, sugar, and diamonds from time to time. Gonna pass on the disposables, live resin, edibles, and flower.

View attachment 72686

View attachment 72687

View attachment 72688

View attachment 72689

It is no joke!!!
A well balanced hybrid high but leaning more haze and active. High AF, forgetting shit, doing silly stoner shit, raging cotton mouth, and just straight fucked up hard for about 2 hours.

Haha sweet

You can get THCA batter and jar a terpenes and make dabs that rip like pressed rosin. The flower in my state is hit or miss but I have some shops that I swear they were just selling plain ass dispo weed. Most have cardboard terps but there are some diamonds out there. The Hippie Crippler in my area is fantastic and 120 a zip.

Back
Top Bottom