What is Mycorrhizae???

I've read mycellium/fungi can/should be able to uptake ions as well.

So I think it could aid in easier absorption

(?) No clue

I'm somewhat attempting a test to grow mycellium strictly off salts.
I use it and have seen some papers on it as fungus it travels all over the earth under the crust. When farmers "Till" or Plow they "Break" the mycelium network, and yes Observer it helps with water & nutrient "uptake". I am trying Dyno-myco mycellium innoculant granular. SSgrower

I use it and have seen some papers on it as fungus it travels all over the earth under the crust. When farmers "Till" or Plow they "Break" the mycelium network, and yes Observer it helps with water & nutrient "uptake". I am trying Dyno-myco mycellium innoculant granular. SSgrower
What are your thoughts on that product

When farmers "Till" or Plow they "Break" the mycelium network
I had not thought of it that way. We tilled the soil often on the farm where I grew up, of course, farmers didn't know as much then as they do now. So, this has me wondering how deep the mycelium network goes into the topsoil. Being in symbiosis with the plant's roots, wouldn't it go as deep as the roots? If so, it seems to me that the depth of tillage and the type of root growth would matter. I am wondering about it because I loosen the top inch or so of the soil around my plants. It gets hard or crusty from topdressing. I think the crusty soil surface reduces aeration and can make watering uneven.

I had not thought of it that way. We tilled the soil often on the farm where I grew up, of course, farmers didn't know as much then as they do now. So, this has me wondering how deep the mycelium network goes into the topsoil. Being in symbiosis with the plant's roots, wouldn't it go as deep as the roots? If so, it seems to me that the depth of tillage and the type of root growth would matter. I am wondering about it because I loosen the top inch or so of the soil around my plants. It gets hard or crusty from topdressing. I think the crusty soil surface reduces aeration and can make watering uneven.
Thats not harmful if thats what your thinking…. It reestablishes quickly and mycelium in not one species so the are natural barriers and wars going on between them at all times.

Its not different than we shake up our mycelium jars to help it colonize faster. Its actually a benefit not a harm… it would be if you did it all the time but not once a year

Thats not harmful if thats what your thinking…. It reestablishes quickly and mycelium in not one species so the are natural barriers and wars going on between them at all times.

Its not different than we shake up our mycelium jars to help it colonize faster. Its actually a benefit not a harm… it would be if you did it all the time but not once a year
Thanks. I was only curious. After thinking about it, I doubted loosening the soil would be a problem. I use a jar to shake my topdressing mix. I do it to avoid dust and it's easier to spread. Faster colonization sounds good, too.

Well it's there, or what looks like colonized roots lol

Maybe those dosages are too small

I do one gram of pool shock for a gallon concentrate, and then 1-5ml of hypo acid with every solution 2-5ml 34% h2o2 every night 2-8waterings a day

Hand-dripping into the cups

That myco would have been from 50 waterings ago or so lol

it could just be root hairs, on my pic up there

I've read mycellium/fungi can/should be able to uptake ions as well.

So I think it could aid in easier absorption

(?) No clue

I'm somewhat attempting a test to grow mycellium strictly off salts.
so the "test" consisted of

coco
5-12-26
15-0-0
epsom salt and sugar,
did not dissolve, just mixed it around the coco and had it moist.

something yellow grew, something that looked like the good mycellium grew, and something like cobweb mold grew on it.

maybe it was just the sugar it was growing off of but then wheres it getting the macro/micro nutes?

so i guess it worked.

that just seems like such a fucking premium.

you can probably go gather this shit out in nature and culture it.

or take some great white and throw it into a compost bin and itll be there, youll always have the mycellial network from it.
Thats what I do.did a 300 lb pile for cheaper than what they charge for a quart.got be around to flip it though the microbes you after need to stay under 120 f.its alot like what your doing on the mushroom thread only less sterile and larger quantities.

Back
Top Bottom