Why growers and breeders know what most smokers don't

SSgrower

Dr. Style!
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I grow many strains at a time, several breeders work. We as growers and breeders know what we grow, but our clients or patients really don't,Huh? I research cannabis for us all, we are a
community. I wonder why the client's care only about the quality of the cannabis we dry, cure, they don't understand proper S.O.P. or how we develop the buds, Building! What you guys experience?

most people just want to catch a buzz and dont care. I really think it is that simple.
I agree. As much as I smoke, I rarely notice a difference in the high, so terpene profiles and smoothness are what's important to me.

That's the smoker in me, the grower loves learning all about the journey from seed to weed. Growing is my hobby and smoking is my pastime.

It never occurred to me that people wouldn't be able to tell the buzz from one type of weed compared to another. I'm living in a weed bubble, I guess.

I agree. As much as I smoke, I rarely notice a difference in the high, so terpene profiles and smoothness are what's important to me.

That's the smoker in me, the grower loves learning all about the journey from seed to weed. Growing is my hobby and smoking is my pastime.
I only notice that if I smoke sativa, I have a good energy level to carry on throughout the day. An indica will have me sitting down far more often and probably dozing off a few times.
Problem is, it's not a long sleep, mostly just naps, so even a potent indica won't get me to sleep through the night. 2 hours at a time.

I don’t think most people care about how things are done or what goes on before the end product in our consumer driven environment. It’s the nerds and hobbyists like us that it matters too. I’ve also noticed we tend to care more about terpene percentages way more than someone just trying to get stoney.

Kind of like the differences between the people that drink colt malt liquor verus those that drink cognac!
Or maybe a hamburger versus a steak.

There will always be people that just want the maximum of the minimum versus those are in search of the true maximum.

I’m pretty much always stoned. I wake up stoned so I’m in that camp with grumpazz
There's a big difference between waking and baking with a strain with a lot of limonene compared to the more stony terps. Limonene wakes me up more than caffeine ever could. But if I smoke a garlic-smelling strain, like GMO, I'm going back to bed.

Kind of like the differences between the people that drink colt malt liquor verus those that drink cognac!
Or maybe a hamburger versus a steak.

There will always be people that just want the maximum of the minimum versus those are in search of the true maximum.

Here is where I disagree, I dont think the difference is anywhere near as drastic as malt liquor/fine alcohol or poor cut on cow/best cut on cow.

The meat example would be like some people like the colas and some people like the small buds.

Or with liquor, completely different base ingredients. Barley vs grapes.

The real is, most people dont care because the nuances with weed aren't that big to a normal person. Shit, most people who smoke are not wake and baking like us. They are normals. We can look down our nose and try to class other people as lower, but whatevs. thats a weird fucking exercise

Here is where I disagree, I dont think the difference is anywhere near as drastic as malt liquor/fine alcohol or poor cut on cow/best cut on cow.

The meat example would be like some people like the colas and some people like the small buds.

Or with liquor, completely different base ingredients. Barley vs grapes.

The real is, most people dont care because the nuances with weed aren't that big to a normal person. Shit, most people who smoke are not wake and baking like us. They are normals. We can look down our nose and try to class other people as lower, but whatevs. thats a weird fucking exercise
That’s actually a really good way to look at it. Well said

Thank you guys for the comments, coming out of the woods to grow indoor awakened me to "Our Community", I was so private,secretive that I never even noticed the difference in Nerd cannabis guys who wake an bake like just growers/breeders and the general public. SSgrower

I would say that most civilians care about 3 things. Taste, smoothness and how high they get. A lot of civies also like how it looks but they don't really understand what they are looking at. Probably why Purples are so popular in dispensaries and in general. Just sounds cool. "I'm smoking some purple __________ ".

One of the things that was of paramount importance when I was growing for dispensaries was bag appeal. I use to get premium prices for frosty purple nugs but in those days purple genetics were rare and the only ones around that time were cultivars like Purple Erkle or Grand Daddy Purple that didn't really express the purple colors like todays genetics do.

Growers that have grown for a while realize that looks aren't everything. I've smoked nugs that looked like sugar cubes it was so frosty but the high was meh. I've smoked nugs that looked brown and over dried that put me on the floor.

I would say that most civilians care about 3 things. Taste, smoothness and how high they get. A lot of civies also like how it looks but they don't really understand what they are looking at. Probably why Purples are so popular in dispensaries and in general. Just sounds cool. "I'm smoking some purple __________ ".

One of the things that was of paramount importance when I was growing for dispensaries was bag appeal. I use to get premium prices for frosty purple nugs but in those days purple genetics were rare and the only ones around that time were cultivars like Purple Erkle or Grand Daddy Purple that didn't really express the purple colors like todays genetics do.

Growers that have grown for a while realize that looks aren't everything. I've smoked nugs that looked like sugar cubes it was so frosty but the high was meh. I've smoked nugs that looked brown and over dried that put me on the floor.
Civilians? Like we’re not? lol. But I hear you.

I have a strain of Purple dragon Rider selling well with my patients, I agree looks aren't everything, I only wet trim my harvest. the temp and cure time are crutial to tasty cannabis. Effects are paramount to most else.

Back
Top Bottom