Adventures in Building an Outdoor Garden

4Plants

Bud Brawler
Reaction score
Welcome to my little corner of the forum! I am happy to be here and share my summer journey with you guys. I have done a little growing here and there, enough to be dangerous, I hadn;t grown anything in my tent in a bit and decided it was time. Started some plants meant as indoor mother plants and well things sort of changed somewhere along the way. The plants are now going outdoors into a neglected section of my yard, and it is being converted into my outdoor Zen Garden chill space. Somewhere to sit down and relax and smoke a joint.

While i have grown veggies outdoor before I have never grown cannabis outdoors.

Anyways, let me get down to it and post some pictures. I have two Colombian Jacks and one Alien Rock Candy. Wasn't really the best and documenting earlier in process.

CJ.jpg

CJ_D8.jpg

CJ26.jpg

IMG_0624.jpeg

Old fence panels being turned into risers. Still ended up cutting 2x4s into little blocks to prop pots up off of these to get more airflow.
IMG_0631.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpegIMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

I have been busy starting seeds the last few days. Flowers and veggies. Mammoth Sunflower, Zinnias, Snapdragons, Swiss Giant Pansies, Roma Tomato, Cherry Tomato, Early Girl Tomato, Tangerine Dream Peppers, Brussel sprouts, SeedGerm.jpg

Sunflowers are off to the races. Have nine getting ready to go into the ground. The plan for them is to put them in the front yard to grow up and block the visibility of the ladies as they grow taller than my fence.

Sunflower.jpg

If you have never seen Mammoth Russian Sunflowers., they get big. The suinflower head can be up to a foot across
giant-sunflower-seeds-giant-russian-mammoth-grey-stripe-helianthus-annuus.jpg

Sunflowers are off to the races. Have nine getting ready to go into the ground. The plan for them is to put them in the front yard to grow up and block the visibility of the ladies as they grow taller than my fence.

View attachment 3695

If you have never seen Mammoth Russian Sunflowers., they get big. The suinflower head can be up to a foot across
giant-sunflower-seeds-giant-russian-mammoth-grey-stripe-helianthus-annuus.jpg
Nice, I do the same to block the line of sight, Mammoth Russian as well.

Things still going smoothly. Still super worried about bud rot. Need to do some trimming. Felt like the girls hadn't gotten that much bigger since I put them out and looking back at early photos going outdoor here, I realize just how much bigger they already are.

060523_2.jpg

060523.jpg

And how about some music to round out the post.

Been thinking about switching to the balling on a budget recipe; who has experience with it?

It is

Silica
Jacks Part A - 3 grams
Calcium Nitrate (I just plan to use the Part B) - 2 grams.
Epsom Salt - 1 gram
Fluvic Acid

That is the order you mix it in right? How do you determine the feed strength during early veg, veg, and flower. What is the ratio for the Silica and the fulvic acid? You pull the silica in flower, correct? Any and all help will be appreciated

Planning on ordering 25lb bags just to be cost effective so wanna make sure I will get ir right and be fairly happy with the results.

Just realized I didn't post my bonsai here. First photo was a month or so back. Was supposed to fertilize and forget. Have some browning on my needles now. I feed it some liquid fertilizer the other day and added some 16-4-8 granular today. Juniper takes a while to be affected by nutrients so we shall see. Moss is looking great though.

JuniperBonsai.jpg

Moss.jpg

Currently using jacks, don't know too much about it but it's cheap and simple to mix you're own nutrients.

And goes a long ways.

15-0-0
5-12-26
Epsom

Well I have ordered a 25lb bags of Jacks 5-15-26 and Jack's 15-0-0. Also ordered (3) 8 pound bags of unsented epsom salt USP grade, and a liter of Mr Fulvic.

Still trying to decide what silica I wanna get. Any suggestions?

Who was it back on the old site saying you shouldnt add silica during flower? Might have been BurnYaBuds but I remember that being said. Cant remember the rationale....but someone else might.

Who was it back on the old site saying you shouldnt add silica during flower? Might have been BurnYaBuds but I remember that being said. Cant remember the rationale....but someone else might.
Makes the buds rock hard afaik

Some don't like buds like that (?)

I don't know the other reasoning

Well I have ordered a 25lb bags of Jacks 5-15-26 and Jack's 15-0-0. Also ordered (3) 8 pound bags of unsented epsom salt USP grade, and a liter of Mr Fulvic.

Still trying to decide what silica I wanna get. Any suggestions?
Any product that's monosiliic acid

I believe it was a decline in quality ? No expert here but too much silica in flower could lead to harsher crappier burning weed imo . I guys use it but I think that’s for weight ?

Bill Farthing said it in the original thread. Compared it to using PGRs
Monosilic Acid is about the easiest to work with but also the most expensive. The best price I have found was from Front Row Ag. You only use 0.5 mills per gallon. You can run it thru to about week 4 of 12/12 and it will not have an big difference on bud density. After that it will start to make rock hard buds. I only run fulvic in veg and first 2 weeks of 12/12. With Jacks make sure to use this ratio and RO water
3.79 grams of Jack 5-12-26, .99 grams of epson salt and 2.52 of Calcium Nitrate. Also make sure you add the silica first than the jacks then the epson salt and last the calcium nitrate.

Monosilic Acid is about the easiest to work with but also the most expensive. The best price I have found was from Front Row Ag. You only use 0.5 mills per gallon. You can run it thru to about week 4 of 12/12 and it will not have an big difference on bud density. After that it will start to make rock hard buds. I only run fulvic in veg and first 2 weeks of 12/12. With Jacks make sure to use this ratio and RO water
3.79 grams of Jack 5-12-26, .99 grams of epson salt and 2.52 of Calcium Nitrate. Also make sure you add the silica first than the jacks then the epson salt and last the calcium nitrate.

I was looking at this earlier. I think Bill suggested as an alternative to Grow Genius and PowerSI

Looks to be about $30 for 250ml.
I will look at FrontRow a little more, seen it in my browsing.

• GUARANTEED MINIMUM ANALYSIS​

Available Silicon (Si(OH)4) .......... 44.0%
    Boron (B)(actual) .......... 0.009%
    Molybdenum (Mo)(actual) .......... 0.0015%

Back
Top Bottom