Ah Toe Gro

If the gas is slightly lighter than air how do you know for sure the seeds are sitting in it?

Tenting sounds like it might be detrimental to the test.

I was looking forward to tossing a banana peel on each plants soil to help but I don’t think that’s going to do anything helpful. 🤣

I have chopped them up and added them to the Bokashi soil so that might help grows. They seem to break down just fine this way. 🤔
well, could capture the gas and let seed/seedling set in the tube with it for a little i suppose

If the gas is slightly lighter than air how do you know for sure the seeds are sitting in it?

Tenting sounds like it might be detrimental to the test.

I was looking forward to tossing a banana peel on each plants soil to help but I don’t think that’s going to do anything helpful. 🤣

I have chopped them up and added them to the Bokashi soil so that might help grows. They seem to break down just fine this way. 🤔
Ethelyne gas is heavier than air. My sequestering it in the bag should keep a high enough concentration that builds up as the peels release the gas. While the gas is heavier than air and will fall to the bottom, I just laid the bag on its side so that the gas had a better chance of exposing the seeds.

As I mentioned before, you could use one of the tea strainers posted and put the seeds in so that they don't touch the peels and only get exposed to the gas. The zip loc serves 2 purposes. It collects the gas and it keeps bugs and other things out.

Ethelyne gas is heavier than air. My sequestering it in the bag should keep a high enough concentration that builds up as the peels release the gas. While the gas is heavier than air and will fall to the bottom, I just laid the bag on its side so that the gas had a better chance of exposing the seeds.

As I mentioned before, you could use one of the tea strainers posted and put the seeds in so that they don't touch the peels and only get exposed to the gas. The zip loc serves 2 purposes. It collects the gas and it keeps bugs and other things out.
Oh I read it was lighter, but slightly?

Let me see if I can find that again.
Same gas isn’t it?

“Ethylene is extremely flammable and will burn in an oxygen atmosphere.

C2H4 + 3 O2 → 2 CO2 + 2 H2O
Hydration of ethene yields ethanol.

Oxidation with peracids gives ethylene oxide.

Physical​

Ethylene is a colorless gas at standard conditions, lighter than air, with a sweet odor and taste.”

Oh I read it was lighter, but slightly?

Let me see if I can find that again.
Same gas isn’t it?

“Ethylene is extremely flammable and will burn in an oxygen atmosphere.

C2H4 + 3 O2 → 2 CO2 + 2 H2O
Hydration of ethene yields ethanol.

Oxidation with peracids gives ethylene oxide.

Physical​

Ethylene is a colorless gas at standard conditions, lighter than air, with a sweet odor and taste.”

Not sure why they are saying that but here is a sort of MSDS on the gas

Look under the category of Physical and Chemical Information/Physical Dangers

Not sure why they are saying that but here is a sort of MSDS on the gas

Look under the category of Physical and Chemical Information/Physical Dangers

I see what it says but I get conflicting information on other sites. 🤷‍♂️

I tried WHMIS and other government sites but nothing notes that specifically.

A fire fighter web site says this.

IMG_8629.jpeg
IMG_8630.jpeg

It’s included in the old acronym too.

I’m not a chemist so I have no idea. I think it’s in the ball park to be either as it’s 1.46 for weight. Just a guess as to why I get conflicting info. Not worth debating.

But I’m surprised how flammable and toxic it is.

06/23/2024

Temp - 80.8
Humidity - 42%
DLI - 15

All the seeds popped except for Hotcakes which only one seed popped but I left the unpopped seeds in the paper towel to see if they need some extra time to germinate. Seeds have been in the towel for 5 days. Got the germinated seeds in their final 3 gal pots and watered them. I didn't water the one pot for the Hotcakes as I only got one seed to pop so once the other does then I'll plant it. If not the extras on the other cultivars that popped I can plant in place of the Hotcakes.

Germinated Auto seeds in paper towel.jpg

Sprouts in their home and watered

Seeds planted in their pots and watered.jpg

The Vipar Spectra XS1500 Pro's dimmer switch took a dump so the light only stays on at 100%. This means I have to regulate DLI by lowering and raising the light. I'll be sending Vipar Spectra an email to see what kind of customer service they are able to provide. I like the light and its light spread but the dimmer failing is no bueno as I've only had the light for a year.

VS1500Pro dimmer not working.jpg

06/23/2024

Temp - 80.8
Humidity - 42%
DLI - 15

All the seeds popped except for Hotcakes which only one seed popped but I left the unpopped seeds in the paper towel to see if they need some extra time to germinate. Seeds have been in the towel for 5 days. Got the germinated seeds in their final 3 gal pots and watered them. I didn't water the one pot for the Hotcakes as I only got one seed to pop so once the other does then I'll plant it. If not the extras on the other cultivars that popped I can plant in place of the Hotcakes.

View attachment 62890

Sprouts in their home and watered

View attachment 62891

The Vipar Spectra XS1500 Pro's dimmer switch took a dump so the light only stays on at 100%. This means I have to regulate DLI by lowering and raising the light. I'll be sending Vipar Spectra an email to see what kind of customer service they are able to provide. I like the light and its light spread but the dimmer failing is no bueno as I've only had the light for a year.

View attachment 62892
Are they daisy chained, and it's the dimmer knob or the switch/daisy switch?

Thank You, Thank You Thank You my Dude! I forgot about that switch. Working as it should. You da Man!!!(y)
Yea it's the daisy chaining master switch to dim all via the lead unit, did they just send you the one?

They sent me 2

😭😭😭😭😭

The GF and I had to leave for a couple days and the electricity got shut off in the area. Apparently the local tweaker decided to try and steal some copper wire from the local substation. He was pretty crispy by the time the Fire Department got there.

Plants got fried from no A/C. Trying to save them but it looks pretty bleak.

😭😭😭😭😭

The GF and I had to leave for a couple days and the electricity got shut off in the area. Apparently the local tweaker decided to try and steal some copper wire from the local substation. He was pretty crispy by the time the Fire Department got there.

Plants got fried from no A/C. Trying to save them but it looks pretty bleak.
Damnit
Sorry man

Back
Top Bottom