Any in house geneticist?

SpectrumFarms

Chronic Chemist
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I’m trying to understand genetics better, I’m running a new strain and all three are wildly different phenos. Is this due to the breeder not stabilizing the genetics? I’m still very new I just haven’t noticed this with other breeders.

Especially the Gorilla Butter because that shit is ruthless potent and kicks like an ornery mule
Yep! I'm running the 5 I have left next run and keeping a clone from each til I determine what one will be kept for a while. That was some killer pot I got off them 2 little plants. Put my ass down for the count I tell ya what!

This seems like a no harm no foul unless: (1) the seeds were expensive and didn't produce as advertised. (2) If the finished weed is great that would be OK to. Why do we hear about so many seed vendors that aren't meeting expectations?
There is no harm, as I've tried the S1 and it produces special plants. Unbelievable scents. I'm just trying to understand why it's reportedly so stable.

As far as specific seed vendors go, there's more than one issue. Some, like Pacific Seed Company, ILGM and at least one or two other well-known sites, are hack pollen chuckers.

Issues also come up when we growers pop one or two seeds of a cross that has many phenos. I can speak about two different breeders regarding two different strains. MANY crosses out there are poly hybrids.

Dynasty Genetics Pineapple Fields has 4 phenos that the breeder talks about, but there are also freaky phenos that he doesn't mention. I grew out a pack and had 6 girls. ONE was fantastic, the rest were either not for me, but good, or total shit -- misshapen, wispy buds, buds that were all tails, low potency, etc. If I cracked one seed and didn't hit the jackpot, I would not have been happy.

Irie Genetics Scarlet Begonias has at least 4 phenos. All are good and what you like would depend on your personal tastes, but the fact is that out of 5 girls, I thought one was great, the others were potent but not for me.

But sometimes, like my current grow, I have 2 plants each of 5 different strains/crosses. If any have a lot of phenos, what are the chances that I'll get one I like?

There is no harm, as I've tried the S1 and it produces special plants. Unbelievable scents. I'm just trying to understand why it's reportedly so stable.

As far as specific seed vendors go, there's more than one issue. Some, like Pacific Seed Company, ILGM and at least one or two other well-known sites, are hack pollen chuckers.

Issues also come up when we growers pop one or two seeds of a cross that has many phenos. I can speak about two different breeders regarding two different strains. MANY crosses out there are poly hybrids.

Dynasty Genetics Pineapple Fields has 4 phenos that the breeder talks about, but there are also freaky phenos that he doesn't mention. I grew out a pack and had 6 girls. ONE was fantastic, the rest were either not for me, but good, or total shit -- misshapen, wispy buds, buds that were all tails, low potency, etc. If I cracked one seed and didn't hit the jackpot, I would not have been happy.

Irie Genetics Scarlet Begonias has at least 4 phenos. All are good and what you like would depend on your personal tastes, but the fact is that out of 5 girls, I thought one was great, the others were potent but not for me.

But sometimes, like my current grow, I have 2 plants each of 5 different strains/crosses. If any have a lot of phenos, what are the chances that I'll get one I like?
That's why I'm always skeptical about blue dream, I know atleast 2 phenos from it, one is good the other is just not it...if it don't taste like blue Popsicle it's not it for me...there is a hazy pheno that smells like blue potpourri and it's imo yuck

I’m trying to understand genetics better, I’m running a new strain and all three are wildly different phenos. Is this due to the breeder not stabilizing the genetics? I’m still very new I just haven’t noticed this with other breeders.
Are you familiar with the Punnet Square?

Are you familiar with the Punnet Square?
I am not, but to google I go!

Back
Top Bottom