Best strain of all time ... Top three

Franksta

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
My favorites have evolved over the years...

I'll have to pick the early Panama Red; Acapulco gold; Columbian gold for the early years. Ie late seventies

Nods to Bubba Kush; DJS blueberry and Sour Diesel

I've been smoking an obscure one lately called Day Tripper and it's a real heavy hitter

My house cut, Ript Banana.
Original came from Ghost and I found a female pheno worthy of a breeding project and a male that spit trichs on his nads on the second grow.
I worked the breeding project up to F3 which took about a year and a half. Only the original grandfather male spit trichs but each female grew bigger buds than her mother to go from a low yielder to above average for an OG
Today I have 100's of the F3 seeds but have gotten into growing fems and making life ez not culling males. I have been itching to circle back for another run since I haven't grown her since 2019 but it's hard dropping regs while having a lot of fems to work with.
Tried a lot of banana strains since but none have come close to her let alone get keeper status. Doesn't mean I'll stop looking though 🙃

Ript.jpg

She regularly hits this on the ol How High Will It Get Ya Meter

Ript 2.jpg

My house cut, Ript Banana.
Original came from Ghost and I found a female pheno worthy of a breeding project and a male that spit trichs on his nads on the second grow.
I worked the breeding project up to F3 which took about a year and a half. Only the original grandfather male spit trichs but each female grew bigger buds than her mother to go from a low yielder to above average for an OG
Today I have 100's of the F3 seeds but have gotten into growing fems and making life ez not culling males. I have been itching to circle back for another run since I haven't grown her since 2019 but it's hard dropping regs while having a lot of fems to work with.
Tried a lot of banana strains since but none have come close to her let alone get keeper status. Doesn't mean I'll stop looking though 🙃

View attachment 2865

She regularly hits this on the ol How High Will It Get Ya Meter

View attachment 2864
Just grow it again to get 1 female then STS part of her.
That should get you female seeds.

My brothers used to get Columbian gold for $35 an ounce back in the late 70's early 80s. QPs were $120.
Thia stick was still around and then we got Jamaican with the Red Stripe caps pressed into it to represent lbs.
I remember 1/4 ounces were $10 then 12.50 then 15 and then it went nutz..

My brothers used to get Columbian gold for $35 an ounce back in the late 70's early 80s. QPs were $120.
Thia stick was still around and then we got Jamaican with the Red Stripe caps pressed into it to represent lbs.
I remember 1/4 ounces were $10 then 12.50 then 15 and then it went nutz..
When I was a young one, we used to get Ky homegrown. Thirty dollars for a wonder bread bag full! 😂

Are they the real JH or breeder titled?
Never mind I lied, I was thinking of Bruce Banner that supposedly gets ginormous... I do have a Jack Herer auto seed that was free, but that doesn't count and obviously doesn't get huge lol. I just looked through my stash to look where I got it and realized my stoner brain confused two strains with male names. 🤣 I did grow a JH one year, but it was one that got taken out by a deer before flower, so I have no opinion lol.

Since I'm going on a rant on this thread, favorite strains I've personally grown, old school Swamp Monster will always be my favorite. For recent ones, Super Silver Haze has been my fave the last 2 years and Amnesia Lemon is pretty good too... gives me anxiety if I overdo it though lol.
There's so many to try... I try new ones at the dispo sometimes, but I feel like it's not the same as growing it yourself and giving a review of your own lovingly grown buds... dispo stuff is all just sorta... generic. It's usually all tumbled and not properly cured or stored... Just not the same. 🤷‍♀️ We've gotten a gram here or there that was pretty good, but usually I just end up feeling like I wasted money, considering I have an abundance of my own stuff... but now's about the time I get sick of everything I have left. SSH and Amnesia Lemon are long gone, last week I smoked a blunt with the last of the shake that's been kicking around. Been smoking Widow for daytime mostly, everything else I have is Indica heavy and makes me lazy as hell.

@Bandit420 how much did you pay for your PURPL? If I may.

Pretty cool to have...
seeing them for $1900....though...
I got in with those guys early on and got it for $1200. There was a glitch though so there were certain serial numbers that had to go back due to the glitch and mine was one. They sent me a new one and all was fine for about a year then it needed a firmware update and then a new calibration part which they sent out for free.
Then they came out with the moisture pack and concentrate tester which I haven't bought into and doubt I will.
They started at $1200 then $1500 and now almost $2000. I assume the $2000 models have all the initial bugs worked out and are even more accurate than the 1st generation. But they are very close, even the first gen. Compared to a gas chromatography test on same material there was only a 1% difference in THC and 2% CBD.

I know you said three, but just recalled another. Blue Moon Rocks.

Came across that one at my first college party, sometime around 2005ish. Shit was wild.

Old favorites (accent on "old"):
Colombian Gold
Colombian Red
Thai sticks

Early 21st Century:
Love Potion #1 (Reeferman, before his meltdown/opiate problems)
Chucky's Bride (E$kobar - This was UK Cheese x C99. The one I was crazed for was a C99 dominant pheno.)

Now:
Cinderella XX
Lemon Sunrise
Arise

Of course, if I'm looking for a nap, none of these would be appropriate.

Durban Poison
Bubba Kush
Sharksbreath

But who has time for just 3? I've got new stuff coming so I reserve the right to change this list without notice!
Yes, listing three favorites could give people the idea that we’re all stuck on our favorites.

I think I prefer growing strains new to me.

Just ran thru some c-99 got one good pheno not sure about grapefruits, but was pretty fruity and fire ! Brothers Grimm from 2016 - and got the Cheeta piss curing now-
you'll have to keep me posted on that cheeta piss. i've been on the hunt for the elusive cat piss since i had it one time in high school. iirc the ammonia terps were a common thing in the super silver haze family, but cat piss itself was one specific pheno of it. if the cheeta piss has a super strong ammonia scent and tastes like straight gasoline, then it might be close enough to order a pack and do some hunting.

Breeder Steve's Shishkaberry is my #1
Super skunk I had in England in the late 90's would be #2
And Jordan of the islands first version of "The Purps" from the late 90's is #3
MTF
C99 - Grapefruit cut specifically
Cat piss

Good to see you both made the Journey, this place is such a talent magnet. Capable hands lurking everywhere.

My favorites have evolved over the years...

I'll have to pick the early Panama Red; Acapulco gold; Columbian gold for the early years. Ie late seventies

Nods to Bubba Kush; DJS blueberry and Sour Diesel

I've been smoking an obscure one lately called Day Tripper and it's a real heavy hitter
Psst. Yo Franksta -- Weed is a lot like Chinese food; it is all good but some is better, sometimes great🫂.

Columbian gold always got you super high right away, Jamaican was more creeper, sense michoacan was some of the sweetest tasting weed ever. Unbricked Thai weed tops if it is green/gray not brown.
I remember 1/4 ounces were $10 then 12.50 then 15 and then it went nutz.

Back
Top Bottom