Best strain of all time ... Top three

Franksta

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
My favorites have evolved over the years...

I'll have to pick the early Panama Red; Acapulco gold; Columbian gold for the early years. Ie late seventies

Nods to Bubba Kush; DJS blueberry and Sour Diesel

I've been smoking an obscure one lately called Day Tripper and it's a real heavy hitter

After thinking back in 2005 ish I had some shit called apple kush, it was one of the first types around my circle that had the name kush...tasted like a green apple or like an apple jolly rancher....I look it up and from what I can tell it appears to be sour apple kush...sour d x pure kush....that shit was bomb diggity...idk if I can pick between it and headband, the headband i like leans diesel too...

That's one I'd like to see again

My brothers used to get Columbian gold for $35 an ounce back in the late 70's early 80s. QPs were $120.
Thia stick was still around and then we got Jamaican with the Red Stripe caps pressed into it to represent lbs.
I remember 1/4 ounces were $10 then 12.50 then 15 and then it went nutz..
man those were the days 35 bucks for an once of weed. we used to get some blonde Lebanese. man Thai stick was good too.

I don’t know what it was, but back in the seventies I used to get some stuff called purple sierra.
It was as close to 1-hit dope as I can remember.
Guess I have two left.
a friend of mine sent me a little stuff he got from Africa. I know nothing more than that. It was probably 1980 or 81. Stuff was pretty psychedelic. Almost scary stoned!

One time and one time only a buddy had Colombian red. Smooth, potent and seemed to just be a funny/happy buzz.
Not sure I have anything in recent years that I could raise to that level, but my most recent grow, Apples and Bananas has a CBG kind of affect. A very “all is well with the world” buzz. That might be close.

Guess I have two left.
a friend of mine sent me a little stuff he got from Africa. I know nothing more than that. It was probably 1980 or 81. Stuff was pretty psychedelic. Almost scary stoned!

One time and one time only a buddy had Colombian red. Smooth, potent and seemed to just be a funny/happy buzz.
Not sure I have anything in recent years that I could raise to that level, but my most recent grow, Apples and Bananas has a CBG kind of affect. A very “all is well with the world” buzz. That might be close.
African strains really have some unique terpenoids that are more highly evolved IMO.

Swazi gold... Malawi definitely deserve mention

I've certainly been reaching more to the traditional landraces lately

Durban poison higher level of THCV and it's descendants are more intense than Delta 8 THC

How long does your Durban poison take to flower?
Indoors, she went 16 weeks. I could have pushed her longer but she was a monster in the tent.
A clone of her was sent to a breeder on the west coast to try and size her down a bit and to tighten her bud a bit. I have the results partially of that now in my veg room, another monster.

Indoors, she went 16 weeks. I could have pushed her longer but she was a monster in the tent.
A clone of her was sent to a breeder on the west coast to try and size her down a bit and to tighten her bud a bit. I have the results partially of that now in my veg room, another monster.
I found DP to be kind of viney when I ran it. Definitely a good screen filler and fire. Not sure if you had the same experience.

My top 3 that I have had in my lifetime are
1. Unknown golden colored strain from Greek islands. Had it one time in mid 90's brought back by friend from Greece.
2. Christmas bud, another unknown strain in the NE US in the mid 90s, never saw it again after 98.
3. Bohdi Seeds Sunshine 4. This strain is the only strain that was bred after 2000 that hits me as hard or harder than the classics. It never disappoints and always puts a smile on my face. I have searched for seeds for the past 3 years and I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will never obtain them or a legit cut of it so its on my bucket list.

1. Unknown golden colored strain from Greek islands. Had it one time in mid 90's brought back by friend from Greece.
2. Christmas bud, another unknown strain in the NE US in the mid 90s, never saw it again after 98.
3. Bohdi Seeds Sunshine 4. This strain is the only strain that was bred after 2000 that hits me as hard or harder than the classics. It never disappoints and always puts a smile on my face. I have searched for seeds for the past 3 years and I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will never obtain them or a legit cut of it so its on my bucket list.
My hunt is for a real cut or seed of Jack Herer....Unicorn...I know....

Heard good things about this guy's Xmas bud...people say it's the legit stuff

I can confidently say that Blue Cheese is the most medicinal strain that I've ever tried. It's hard to even explain why in words and I'm not going to bother trying so I just suggest you try it out for yourself given the chance.

Not recommended for daytime or social use :sleep:

My hunt is for a real cut or seed of Jack Herer....Unicorn...I know....
I don't know anywhere to get that, but this is the closest I have seen

DSCF2618_WP.jpg

Heard good things about this guy's Xmas bud...people say it's the legit stuff

I have a pack of these in my wine fridge that I was planning on doing a pheno hunt with on my next grow. I did some research and I'm not sure if its the same strain from what I've read the CSI Pine tar kush sounds closest to the stuff I used to get but I won't know until I grow it out.

This is the other one I found which seems to be an F1 of that pack

Last edited:
I have a pack of these in my wine fridge that I was planning on doing a pheno hunt with on my next grow. I did some research and I'm not sure if its the same strain from what I've read the CSI Pine tar kush sounds closest to the stuff I used to get but I won't know until I grow it out.

This is the other one I found which seems to be an F1 of that pack
Can't wait to see what you find. I've been considering a pack myself. I know the dude gives lots of freebies I probably need to place an order eventually

I can confidently say that Blue Cheese is the most medicinal strain that I've ever tried. It's hard to even explain why in words and I'm not going to bother trying so I just suggest you try it out for yourself given the chance.

Not recommended for daytime or social use :sleep:
I had experienced a version of Blue Cheese by a breeder who called his "Cheeseberry." (OK, perhaps he was not blessed by the muses when it came to strain names.) I would use it around bedtime, and I could literally feel it sort of roll down my limbs, to my feet and hands.

I had experienced a version of Blue Cheese by a breeder who called his "Cheeseberry." (OK, perhaps he was not blessed by the muses when it came to strain names.) I would use it around bedtime, and I could literally feel it sort of roll down my limbs, to my feet and hands.

Yesssss! Also worked really well for me anytime I wasn't feeling good or had an upset stomach. When covid knocked me out for 3 weeks blue cheese was my primary source of medicine. I was really sad when I finished the last bud

Heavy hitters is kinda what I try to breed of late. Trying for those big flavors and heavy Terps. Usually sativa leaning

AKA Lung busters

I'd say the GDP cross is the best verified out of the bunch. But I've not run all of them yet

My best results come from following the feminized clone lines and just convert them into making pollen. The results were way more consistent

PXL_20230529_174559357.jpg

Last edited:
1991-1992 in IL. ATF that was the most lime green weed ever seen still to this day and also the whitest. Even now when I think about it is was if they weren't even trichs. It looked more like it was rolled in cocaine or flour. I single hit, done. Was 150-200 a QUARTER and hard to get for even that.

Back
Top Bottom