Building blocks of life theory

Franksta

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
A schematic representation of the scenario we propose here for clean, high-yield production of prebiotic feedstock. Events move around clockwise from the top left: First, the Earth has a neutral atmosphere. This is reduced following a giant impact at 4.3 Ga by oxidation of the impactor’s metal (iron )core to produce a massive H2 atmosphere with significant methane and ammonia. This atmosphere quickly cools (in <1 kyr), with photochemistry producing a tholin-rich haze that deposits complex nitrogen-rich organics. These organics become progressively buried and graphitized by interaction with magma. The atmosphere clears as H2 is lost to space and becomes neutral again. Finally, magmatic gases interact with the graphite and are scrubbed to produce high yields of clean HCN, HC3N, and isonitriles.
A-Schematic-Representation-of-a-Proposed-Scenario-for-Clean-High-Yield-Production-of-Prebiotic...jpg

A schematic representation of the scenario we propose here for clean, high-yield production of prebiotic feedstock. Events move around clockwise from the top left: First, the Earth has a neutral atmosphere. This is reduced following a giant impact at 4.3 Ga by oxidation of the impactor’s metal (iron )core to produce a massive H2 atmosphere with significant methane and ammonia. This atmosphere quickly cools (in <1 kyr), with photochemistry producing a tholin-rich haze that deposits complex nitrogen-rich organics. These organics become progressively buried and graphitized by interaction with magma. The atmosphere clears as H2 is lost to space and becomes neutral again. Finally, magmatic gases interact with the graphite and are scrubbed to produce high yields of clean HCN, HC3N, and isonitriles.
View attachment 56239
Houston.....I think we have problem.....I can't find a single rib in this equation

So what I take from all of this stuff is that hydrogen is the real mover element in the atmosphere, powered by oxygen and water plus CO2 on the atmospheric front (interchangeable) and the formation of precipitate nitrate, and graphitized (carbon) structure that facilitate the emergence of pre cellular conditions on Terra firma

The earliest cells were phospholipids creating fatty acid membrane

This stuff interesting to me cause I try and envision the bottlenecks in the process. Although I think @Moe.Red he's got it ironed out really well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom