Cannabis Seedling Light Recommendations

MDK

Strain Encyclopedia
Reaction score
I remember my dad used to use old fluorescent tube lights hanging about 2 or 3 inches above the plants...vegetables not cannabis...

Looking for a light or lights that'll give me good coverage but doesn't have to take me past the 2 or 3 week age range....any recommendations? I'd ideally like to cover a 4x4 - 6x6 area.

This is for vegetables, mostly, would like to be able to use for cannabis here and there

Oh yea also lookin to go the cheap route as these will be off mostly

Thanks

If you want to check it out there is a lady on YouTube that does a really good job of explaining it at home. In the subject matter put Home Tissue Culture. If the lady shows up with a soft cast on one of her arms part way thru the video that is the one. But to be honest I am not sure TC in this manner is doing what we want it to. In simple terms. The idea behind TC is to remove any viroids or viruses from the plant. The idea behind the TC shown in the video is that the new grow is occurring faster than the viroid or virus can grow into the material. So you take like the newest 1" or. 11/2" of grow and put it thru a sterilization process and into a sterile environment with nutrients to grow and root. The idea is to preform this task a couple or several times to insure the viroid or virus has been eliminated from the new plant. There is a more advanced process I am learning about as well were you take an even small part of the plant. The lady in the you tube video was getting about a 67 percent success ratio with rooting but not cannabis.
Yea I've heard about this. I'll try to find the video and post it up too, he explains it as "slicing off the disease" sort of. I think his process was similar to the last part you are talking about he was slicing tiny nodes and from what I understood he could refresh a sick strain. I honestly just want to be able to put genetics on hold and keep a few more strains than big bro probably wants but it seems like a good way to keep genetics on deck.

This is the guy David Gonzalez
Apical meristem culture I think is what he says can really revive genetics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom