Cinderella XX (Brothers Grimm), The Convergence, Saka Souffle, & The Rhombus (Irie Genetics)

MysticEpipedon

Herb Hitman
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Bud Builders gets the tail end of my current grow, which I suppose beats looking at a bunch of immature plants.

I'm 8 weeks, 5 days into flower, and a Cinderella XX is axed! She was in a crowded tent (13 plants in a 5' x 5') and was super cropped once, mostly for height control. She did not need support until I took her out of the tent for chopping and a photo shoot. I guess she depended on her neighbors more than I realized.
IMG_7563.jpeg

The scent is sweet-fruity, but no identifiable fruit, like orange, lemon, mango, berry, pineapple... OK, maybe mango.
IMG_7564.jpeg

She sent up lots of chunky side branches.
IMG_7568.jpeg

I took an advanced taste of this one, but we smoked the bud when we were already addled on dispensary weed. While it cut through the brain sludge and seemed to be an up, lively head, I can't say more than that. Out of the three that I grew (two still going) this is the largest, by far.
CindyXXCu.jpeg

The only other plant from this grow that was harvested was one of The Rhombus girls. I posted these over on my grow diary on The Farmer, but hey, why not post them here? She is a feminized Chem4 x Afterglow. I have/had two, neither of which look anything like each other. This one is very fruity, with a hint of stankiness in the background.
IMG_7531.jpeg

This pheno is not a big-cola-type plant, but more of a discrete-golfball-nugget-type plant. She does not seem to be a big yielder.
IMG_7540.jpeg
TheRhombus.jpeg
She's been hanging for about 5 days. It will probably be another 5 before I start trimming.

One of the other Cinderellas will probably be next to have her photo shoot in front of the Backdrop Of Death, followed by one of The Convergence girls. The Convergence should be my go-to panic attack heart-racer for this grow. Can she live up to my hopes and dreams?

Attachments

• TheRhombus.jpeg
    TheRhombus.jpeg
    831.4 KB · Views: 2
Beautiful plants~!
I love growing multiple strains at the same time.
Keeps you on your toes and offers a well-deserved schedule for harvesting.
I also go for the paranoid buzz also. 🤷‍♂️
Life is so controllable that the sudden WTF at any given moment is truly enjoyed by myself . 🤪
Sometimes my mind can really wander.
Almost drove back to the wrong site after break the other day. They are both close to each other so it was not noted by anyone but me, but it was close.🤣

Nice work looks to be finishing nicely ! I found a super nice pheno in my Cindy grow same as you citrus but no definite flavors or smell but I found a pheno that does buzz ya right up! I have some reg seeds as well may try and seed one in the future - that’s the brothers c-99

Nice work looks to be finishing nicely ! I found a super nice pheno in my Cindy grow same as you citrus but no definite flavors or smell but I found a pheno that does buzz ya right up! I have some reg seeds as well may try and seed one in the future - that’s the brothers c-99
It seems like half the crosses made between 1999 and 2010 had C99 as a parent. Several times, I would rave about a C99-leaning pheno, and it was just brushed off as "just a C99-leaning pheno." It occurred to me then that maybe what I liked was C99 and not all the crosses I was growing.

Great photography, very impressive detail. Is that a cell phone?

I think I need to up my game to keep up with you folks. Those look perfect. That yellow fade is on point - you had the nutes right on this grow for sure. Lower N at finish = higher THC.

Great photography, very impressive detail. Is that a cell phone?

I think I need to up my game to keep up with you folks. Those look perfect. That yellow fade is on point - you had the nutes right on this grow for sure. Lower N at finish = higher THC.
Yeah, it's just an iPhone 8. I'm thinking about getting a big boy camera this year.

Some are fading on schedule. This Cindy got a soil mix with lower nute levels than the others, a week before flip. Seems like it was perfect for early maturing plants. Another Cindy, who looks like she'll be done sometime this week, is still quite green, because she got a higher level of nutes in her soil mix. Hmm... maybe I should write this down.

Another Cinderella XX is axed! This one has "looked done" for about 2 weeks, but just started putting out an amber trich or two, yesterday.
IMG_7571.jpeg
This is a small plant. I had her on a booster seat the whole grow. Also fruity scented. Obviously she needs support. This was the first time I ever used supplemental silica. Obviously it doesn't do much of anything to strengthen stems in a soil grow.

She's ready for her close up, Mr. DeMille.
IMG_7572.jpeg
Maybe a touch too much light, but not enough to yellow out the leaves. This gal had a lot more nutrients in her soil mix. I also used her bud leaves to pull her this way and that.

One of The Convergence girls is ready. She was ready last night, but I just didn't feel like chopping her at that moment. Sometime today or tomorrow 🪓

I believe what you are looking for in silica is monosilic acid. I’m not sure how to make it in soil but with hydro it comes from adding potassium silicate and then ph down. The 2 form a buffer and the end result is plant ready monosilic. That’s the stalk booster stuff.

I believe what you are looking for in silica is monosilic acid. I’m not sure how to make it in soil but with hydro it comes from adding potassium silicate and then ph down. The 2 form a buffer and the end result is plant ready monosilic. That’s the stalk booster stuff.
Yeah, I was using a K silicate for hydro. I'll have to try it with pH down next time.

Ok I have used the botanicare so and seen very little results - except gumming up all my syringes and anything it touched- I don’t ph either so mayb try again ? Support for me is def issue as I like to let free grow as well !
Nice work mystic ! Looks super tasty

Ok I have used the botanicare so and seen very little results - except gumming up all my syringes and anything it touched- I don’t ph either so mayb try again ? Support for me is def issue as I like to let free grow as well !
Nice work mystic ! Looks super tasty
That's the stuff I used.

I read a post from someone on the Farmer who said K sillicate takes about 2 weeks to be converted to monosilic acid by soil organisms. Maybe I had the wrong organisms, or they didn't work all that fast. They definitely had more than 2 weeks to work on the stuff.

That's the stuff I used.

I read a post from someone on the Farmer who said K sillicate takes about 2 weeks to be converted to monosilic acid by soil organisms. Maybe I had the wrong organisms, or they didn't work all that fast. They definitely had more than 2 weeks to work on the stuff.
Yeah I don’t know I just know it didn’t work I had small plants playing twister just like yours

Attachments

• IMG_6328.jpeg
    IMG_6328.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
The first Cinderella XX is dry enough to smoke, and I have to call it a delightful romp through the wrinkles and lobes of the brain. Hard hitting about 2 seconds after you exhale. Then, within about 5 minutes, you're in a great mood with a great, up buzz. It's hard to imagine anyone freaking out in a paranoid frenzy on it, but hey, you can't have everything.

It's a very social, fun buzz in its totally uncured state. The scent of this one is nice, but not overwhelming by any means. The buzz lasts a stoner like me about 2 hours.

I'll do a real smoke report when it's cured, and maybe when I choose the winner of the three Cindy plants. Of course, unless the "winner" is this particular plant, I won't have a cut of it. I cleverly decided to only clone the big one.

The first Cinderella XX is dry enough to smoke, and I have to call it a delightful romp through the wrinkles and lobes of the brain. Hard hitting about 2 seconds after you exhale. Then, within about 5 minutes, you're in a great mood with a great, up buzz. It's hard to imagine anyone freaking out in a paranoid frenzy on it, but hey, you can't have everything.

It's a very social, fun buzz in its totally uncured state. The scent of this one is nice, but not overwhelming by any means. The buzz lasts a stoner like me about 2 hours.

I'll do a real smoke report when it's cured, and maybe when I choose the winner of the three Cindy plants. Of course, unless the "winner" is this particular plant, I won't have a cut of it. I cleverly decided to only clone the big one.
I promise it only gets better!

The sap bath continues. Last night it was The Convergence #1. She'd make a big, bad-ass producer.
IMG_7577.jpeg

She ended up 4.5 feet tall, including about 1 foot of the pot -- about the size I like. She was super cropped twice, which let her side branches grow taller than her main cola.
IMG_7578.jpeg

Scent is poweful lemon + pine + some stank or another. She produced these blunt-tipped buds. This plant was STILL putting out new white stigmas, even though she had a good bit of amber going on.
IMG_7581.jpeg

The description for this strain came with heart racing paranoia warnings, so I'm looking forward to a taste next week.
IMG_7583.jpeg

Until the next lady is ready for her pictorial review, happy growing.

Guys I'm talking out my azz on the effects in soil.

On hydro, I can clearly tell when I have it right. The difference in stalks is night and day. More snappy than bendy.
Maybe that's why my Grandmommy Purple snapped when I was testing her bendiness... this is the first time I've supplemented with silica. 🤔

The Convergence #6 was minding its own business, producing a few amber trichs and popping a nanner or two, when the tent opened and she was dragged out in a daze.

"What the..." she said, then the pics started snapping. Suddenly she starts posing and mugging for the camera, as if this was all her idea.

She's big and spready, like her sister in my previous post. She is also an Arise-leaner.
IMG_7595.jpeg
In this pheno, the lower branches can pretty easily get taller than the main stalk when super cropped.
IMG_7599.jpeg

Here are some of the blunt-ended buds on a side branch.
IMG_7600cu.jpg
IMG_7602.jpeg

The other two phenos have distinctly pointed buds. Hopefully one of those will come down before 12 weeks are up. Tomorrow will be the first day of their 11th week of flower.

The last of The Rhombus plants got chopped last night. I don't grow a lot of indica doms, so maybe this isn't so unusual, but I've never seen it. Her buds never stopped growing, so there were always plenty of white stigmas on the bud, but the older parts of the bud had amber trichs galore.

First, the basic plant structure. She's quite sturdy. No need for any support. She got some minor super cropping and came out around an average height plant.
IMG_7607.jpeg

About 25% of stigmas are still white, but she's got about 10-15% amber trichs. Her main cola had the most white.
IMG_7612.jpeg

Side colas were more mature-looking.
IMG_7611.jpeg

This plant was surprisingly hefty.
IMG_7613.jpeg

This one went 11 weeks, 2 days. Her sister went 8 weeks, and she is proving to be a great sleep aid, which is why I grew this strain. She's "functional," if your higher brain faculties are not required for functioning. Like if you're a college student with physical chemistry homework? Bad choice. And when I say bad choice, I mean choosing P-chem as part of your curriculum. WTF were you thinking? PV=nRT is the only thing you'll remember, 5 minutes after the final.

So what was I talking about? Where am I? Oh. Budbuilders.

In conclusion, The Rhombus good, P-chem bad, fire bad. Wait, that blind guy in Frankenstein did light up that big spliff to demonstrate that fire can be good. So fire -- the jury still out.

I better go now.

I've had that before where the plant just keeps getting fatter and you eventually just have to make a judgement call and cut. I don't know what causes it with some strains.

Plants look super healthy tho.

In that top pic I stared way longer than I care to admit at the green circle near the stem - couldn't figure out what you were trying to point out.

I've had that before where the plant just keeps getting fatter and you eventually just have to make a judgement call and cut. I don't know what causes it with some strains.

Plants look super healthy tho.

In that top pic I stared way longer than I care to admit at the green circle near the stem - couldn't figure out what you were trying to point out.
At what point did you realize it was one of those wire plant ties, hanging randomly on the plant?

This was my issue with using Armor Si. I would add it to my res, then adjust PH and mix nutes couple hours later. Then I would have to constantly add PH down as the res got used and the PH went up. Stopped using silica and no more PH issue. Now that I know I have to buffer the water with it + Ph down for a couple DAYS before mixing, it makes more sense. I will be trying it out as I still have plenty of armor si and would def like my plants to be more resilient. That means less hermies right? lmao

This was my issue with using Armor Si. I would add it to my res, then adjust PH and mix nutes couple hours later. Then I would have to constantly add PH down as the res got used and the PH went up. Stopped using silica and no more PH issue. Now that I know I have to buffer the water with it + Ph down for a couple DAYS before mixing, it makes more sense. I will be trying it out as I still have plenty of armor si and would def like my plants to be more resilient. That means less hermies right? lmao
I think you are a soil grower? If so, I am not the one to advise you. With soil, you have a different mechanism for PH completely due to CEC.

In hydro, we have to watch PH closer because we do not have clay or CEC. The best way to do this is with a buffered nute solution - the water the roots are sitting in. If you use Potassium Silicate, that will send the PH up past 9. Then when you add PH down, you are actually creating a ying yang kinda acid / base balance called a buffer which resists changes in PH. It has the side benefit of creating a plant available acid that is very helpful to plant cell building and function. SO double win.

I'm not sure how effective this will be against hermies, but hey every little bit of stability helps.

One of the Saka Souffle girls was chopped on Thursday night. She was not ready, IMO, but she suddenly started producing 'nanners in multiple buds. Well, I guess I can get rid of one of the clones that's overgrowing my clone tent.

Her sister is producing purple leaves and generally still having a fine time.

She's structurally similar to the rest:
Saka Souffle 1.jpeg
She needed a little support, but not too bad.

Colas look great.
IMG_7617.jpeg

As do the side buds.
IMG_7618.jpeg
You can see where I pinched out a nanner, before I decided she had to go.

Saka Souffle is named for some comedian who was a guest on the Larry King Show. Larry asked if he had any guilty pleasures, and he responded, "Chocolate souffle."

Larry, being half a zillion years old and hard of hearing, said, "What? Saka souffle?" And a strain name was born.

Looks yummy.

Nanners must be genetic? I don’t see any stress there. Well except for no leaves. You gotta have some leaves.
The tent was too crowded. Most defoliation was to keep leaves from touching each other. I'm generally a reluctant defoliator.

I'm sure it's genetic. It's got Biscotti as one of its parents, which is another cross that sprang from GSC, so it has to be watched.

I have a friend who doesn't consider nanners late in flower to be a flaw, but I don't like to chance it. One nanner, OK, but I know I'll miss some when they pop up all over.

Lots of hacking and chopping since my last post. The last two girls are hanging, and the only plants left in the tent are tomato seedlings who are getting ready for their big outdoor introduction in another week or so.

I got a new phone, and have not figured out how to take good bud shots with it yet. These pics were taken with an old iPhone 8.

Here is my last of 3 Cinderella XX girls. She's one of the most floppy-stemmed plants I've grown. Buds are way too heavy for their stems.
IMG_7634.jpeg

You might notice the curvature of the stalk. This was from using the most extremely hydrophobic soil mix I've ever encountered. It's a commercially available blend in MI, called Great Lakes Water Only. It desperately needs a wetting agent. I used one, but it had limited effect. Water would enter the soil and then float hunks of dry, hydrophobic soil above it as it sank in, churning up the upper few of inches of soil. On this plant, it actually brought the root ball to the surface, which then developed chlorophyll.
IMG_7635.jpeg

Her sisters were chopped at 9 and 10 weeks. This one went 12.5 weeks. Very few amber trichs, and she was still sprouting white stigmas.
IMG_7636.jpeg
The scent is fruity. I sense citrus in there, maybe mango, but she does not have the pineapple scent that Cinderella 99 was known for.

I haven't tried this one, but her sisters kick ass. Cinderella is a supreme mood elevator -- great to bring up your spirits or to smoke with a group of people. Potent, too. Mr. Soul brought back a great one. She is proving to be a crowd-pleaser.

She either has less of a speedy effect than the original C99, or I'm just not susceptible to such things anymore. It's not easy to compare weed of yesterday to something I'm smoking today.

The only plant I kept of my Cinderella girls was the biggest one. Not a bad plant, but the next one I harvested was better. This one might be better yet. I tend to find that when I have several phenos of a plant, the ones that mature later are more potent.

Back
Top Bottom