Cloning

GoodShit97

G$
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I need help people.
All my clones leaves keep turning brown and rotting....
I thought too much moisture but Idfk why anymore, ive completely removed the dome and its still happening. Ill grab some pics in a sec, cloner is sitting in ambient light, on top of my pellet stove to stay warm so being too cold isnt an option. 20240118_070304.jpg20240118_070309.jpg

You give em cloning solution (light feed)? I do a gallon of water mixed with 350-450 ppm of solution then I pH it down to 6.0. then I soak my plugs in that. Seemed to get a lot less yellowing.

I found that when I start to get a yellowing or lighter color tho they were always about to throw roots. Also putting them under a lamp helped

You give em cloning solution (light feed)? I do a gallon of water mixed with 350-450 ppm of solution then I pH it down to 6.0. then I soak my plugs in that. Seemed to get a lot less yellowing.

I found that when I start to get a yellowing or lighter color tho they were always about to throw roots. Also putting them under a lamp helped
Yeah they arent yellowing, but turning brown and dying.
Only 3 days ago i cut clones and 90% are in the trash cause theyre brown/rotted.

I usually mix up 1 gallon of water with 3ml of calmag cause i dont have a cloning solution per se.
This is the first time ive had this issue and its been ALL fucking winter. Starting to get real pissed off cause im gonna lose shit i paid money for 😤😤

Plugs arent saturated either, i soak them and then squeeze them almost dry, i pit a small amount of water in the cloning tray, but not enough to touch the plugs, just enough to make humidity.

You got em under a lamp or nah? I'm 50 50 on that one...sometimes I just leave em near a window. I didn't give em shit at first pure water mostly....but a lot of discoloring stopped when I finally got some solution off a buddy to try.

I'm doing some clones right now and one got all shitty and leaned over stem like rotted in the middle...happened after I put the heat mat under it....so I pulled out my intermittent timer and got it set to 5min on 30 min off....only one did it and got tossed waiting on roots still from others currently. Bc it happened to me with heat I'm gonna bet it's a little too warm or something

Im gonna transplant 2 of my solo cup plants today and just cut a snip of the sour and Apples and Bananas and just root them in promix.
Smash this cloner and my headache is gone.

You got em under a lamp or nah? I'm 50 50 on that one...sometimes I just leave em near a window. I didn't give em shit at first pure water mostly....but a lot of discoloring stopped when I finally got some solution off a buddy to try.

I'm doing some clones right now and one got all shitty and leaned over stem like rotted in the middle...happened after I put the heat mat under it....so I pulled out my intermittent timer and got it set to 5min on 30 min off....only one did it and got tossed waiting on roots still from others currently. Bc it happened to me with heat I'm gonna bet it's a little too warm or something
Yeah idk it was happening in my laundry room where its cooler too so i figured it was a heat or humidity issue.
Now im just thinking the plamts are at the end of their cloning stage or i fucken suck at it all the sudden lmfao

Give me another 5 mins and ill get back to ya.
I’d give it a little longer than 5 minutes to settle the readings. But I think you’ll find one or the other, or both parameters are out of range for successful rooting of clones.

Let us know the readings when they settle.

I’d give it a little longer than 5 minutes to settle the readings. But I think you’ll find one or the other, or both parameters are out of range for successful rooting of clones.

Let us know the readings when they settle.
Well its been in there 15 minutes already, i just forgot to hit post so i changed it from 20 mins to 5 lol

Its reading 81° and 89% with the dome on.

But keep in mind the dome has been off for 2 days and it still happened. Dome off parameters are 74° and 45%

I couldn’t tell from the pics but I assume you made your cuts 1/4 to 1/2” below a node?

I couldn’t tell from the pics but I assume you made your cuts 1/4 to 1/2” below a node?
Yes. About 1/4", on an angle and very lightly scraped the stems.

Ive always had 95%+ success rate with this same method but this winter its kicking my ass

Its reading 81° and 89% with the dome on.

But keep in mind the dome has been off for 2 days and it still happened. Dome off parameters are 74° and 45%
Dome off humidity is to low. Temp is ok. I’d put the dome on and try to drop that temp to below 80 and get the humidity down to upper 70’s.

Dome off humidity is to low. Temp is ok. I’d put the dome on and try to drop that temp to below 80 and get the humidity down to upper 70’s.
Ill have to figure something out.
Rh is super low in my house, rh is hitting high 80s to low 90s with the dome on and both vents open.
Maybe ill prop the dome up like an inch or two and see what that does. Idk.
Im out of ideas at this point cause my laundry room is only in the mid 60s temp wise and my living room is too hot/dry.

Ill have to figure something out.
Rh is super low in my house, rh is hitting high 80s to low 90s with the dome on and both vents open.
Maybe ill prop the dome up like an inch or two and see what that does. Idk.
Im out of ideas at this point cause my laundry room is only in the mid 60s temp wise and my living room is too hot/dry.
Yes if both vents are open and it’s that high just slide the lid over to create a crack to help regulate it. That works well.

Yes if both vents are open and it’s that high just slide the lid over to create a crack to help regulate it. That works well.
Thanks man, ill give that a whirl and see what i end up with.
Ive got 5 of each strain in here left and if they dont make it ill have to take some flowering cuts 😳

Hard to tell in that first pic but it looks like you have zero roots. If that is the case, you have too much vegetation to support up top with no roots. Raising the temps and low winter humidity makes it worse as the plants try to respire but cannot replace the water up the stalk because no roots yet.

Hard to tell in that first pic but it looks like you have zero roots. If that is the case, you have too much vegetation to support up top with no roots. Raising the temps and low winter humidity makes it worse as the plants try to respire but cannot replace the water up the stalk because no roots yet.
Not really much in terms of vegetation,20240118_081633.jpg20240118_081645.jpg and no roots, only took them 3 or 4 days ago.
Could also be pest related like hemp russet mites.
No bugs here either. Especially not hrm. All the plants these cuts came from are super healthy, no issues what so ever.

Not really much in terms of vegetation, and no roots, only took them 3 or 4 days ago.

No bugs here either. Especially not hrm. All the plants these cuts came from are super healthy, no issues what so ever.
You also mentioned you keep water in tray to raise humidity. Dumping that and just keeping the cubes moist will help bring that rh in to a better range.

you have too much vegetation to support up top with no roots
And if this is true, why have i been able to just cut and stuff in plugs without cutting off any vegetation and have them all root? Just dumb luck?

Not really much in terms of vegetation, and no roots, only took them 3 or 4 days ago.

There is too much leaf mass, or rather surface area to be precise is my point.

Light hits the leaf, stomata open, water exits fans but is not replaced since the vascular system is not yet developed.

Back
Top Bottom