Cloning

GoodShit97

G$
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I need help people.
All my clones leaves keep turning brown and rotting....
I thought too much moisture but Idfk why anymore, ive completely removed the dome and its still happening. Ill grab some pics in a sec, cloner is sitting in ambient light, on top of my pellet stove to stay warm so being too cold isnt an option. 20240118_070304.jpg20240118_070309.jpg

Have you tried supplementing h202? I’ve have good result when I was in DWC using it. Not the grocery store kind but food grade 30% h202. Once h202 decomposes is releases oxygen adding more in the water.
I know jack diddly shit about hydro.
This was supposed to solve my issues of dying clones.

Gonna add an air stone or 2 and see what happens. Only thing I've got left in my bag of tricks I guess

Before I wasn't even getting roots though.
So i guess we are getting somewhere?
It's just the same outcome, only with roots this time lol.

Sorry your having issues brother.i reckon your close thinking it’s rot.it’s def at the roots where it’s starting..that’s my bet.
I'm really starting to lean towards what Moe was thinking, low dissolved oxygen.

It's the  only consistency here.
Plugs were too wet before and cutting off o2
And low o2 in the res of the cloner.

It's the one thing that seems to make the most sense, and the only thing I haven't tried, really. So I'll stop at the fishy store and get a pump for the cloner tonight, it's worth a shot anyways.

Have you tried supplementing h202? I’ve have good result when I was in DWC using it. Not the grocery store kind but food grade 30% h202. Once h202 decomposes is releases oxygen adding more in the water.

I know jack diddly shit about hydro.
This was supposed to solve my issues of dying clones.

Gonna add an air stone or 2 and see what happens. Only thing I've got left in my bag of tricks I guess

Don't use the K4L powder if going this route. Use something salt and nitrate based. That stuff will kill the living water.

Doubt it's lack of air. Air is literally in the title of aeroponics, EZ Clone does not use air pumps or even sell them, and I never needed to add an airstone with that machine but if you must...
However, along with that I'd be looking for a small space heater and thermostat control or perhaps relocating the machine.
Common denominator between all techniques seems to be that laundry room sucks for trying to propagate plants when plants are showing the same type of death across the various techniques

Man you can’t win
Nope.
I'm starting to think gmo may be right with my ph is outta whack. Seems that and o2 are the only consistent things here.
So seems gmo and moe might be on the track here and this has been the issue all along and nothing to do with the methods
I really have no idea I'm just grabbing straws brother

Last edited:
How much longer do you need them in the rooter before you cup them?
I would try cupping them before or instead of just tossing them.
If they turn around in soil great. The roots do look good so it has to be a def of some sort that hopefully soil would help.
Once in soil you can feed in fashion you are comfortable with.

I would try cupping them before or instead of just tossing them.
I've tried before, the browning just spreads and then the new shoots die and there soon after the plant.
I just cupped 5 I think will be ok. But the rest were done for.

I'm really trying to figure the cause of the browning. It's just a need to know thing now.
Now that I got roots again I know I can do that much and plant at least before the brown sets in, but I was trying to get good roots cause I had to ship some to Nesta in Chicago? I think? So I wanted a thick ball of roots before sending em off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom