Do you think weed is better now than in the 70s, 80s and 90s?

TomH

Herb Hitman
Reaction score
I did a simple search and my stoned arse didn’t see anything like this, but it seems like a question than has to have been asked before!

Is weed better today than it was in decades past?
I didn’t smoke in the 60s, not idea what it was like, but in the 70s and 80s, I had some of the greatest weed I can possibly imagine. Aromas that just apparently don’t exist anymore!
I used to regularly get something called “Purple Sierra”, it was purple and smelled like a Christmas tree farm.
My buddy used to get thai stick that a pinner share by 4 people would render all of us wasted!
I smoked some African weed that was like mushrooms! I sat in my yard and watched grass grow for a few hours!
I can also remember some skunk that smelled like Pepe le’ pew’s ass pipe!

Today, I have froot loops, berry and skunk that even occasionally smells a little! Even my own weed doesn’t compare to those aromas (in my memory)!

Now, the weed today is probably more potent, but I’m not sure I’d check off the “better” box though. Just way different!

In my humble opinion, I prefer the weed from my memories, but I’m pleased with the weed from my garden!

Your experience and stories welcomed!

I did a simple search and my stoned arse didn’t see anything like this, but it seems like a question than has to have been asked before!

Is weed better today than it was in decades past?
I didn’t smoke in the 60s, not idea what it was like, but in the 70s and 80s, I had some of the greatest weed I can possibly imagine. Aromas that just apparently don’t exist anymore!
I used to regularly get something called “Purple Sierra”, it was purple and smelled like a Christmas tree farm.
My buddy used to get thai stick that a pinner share by 4 people would render all of us wasted!
I smoked some African weed that was like mushrooms! I sat in my yard and watched grass grow for a few hours!
I can also remember some skunk that smelled like Pepe le’ pew’s ass pipe!

Today, I have froot loops, berry and skunk that even occasionally smells a little! Even my own weed doesn’t compare to those aromas (in my memory)!

Now, the weed today is probably more potent, but I’m not sure I’d check off the “better” box though. Just way different!

In my humble opinion, I prefer the weed from my memories, but I’m pleased with the weed from my garden!

Your experience and stories welcomed!
I had 70 weed and can attest to this summation as I enjoyed "Skunk", Michoican, Alcopolco, and others where I would "Trip". It's "Real", no Joke!

I had 70 weed and can attest to this summation as I enjoyed "Skunk", Michoican, Alcopolco, and others where I would "Trip". It's "Real", no Joke!
The ones where you would trip is the loooong flowering sativas with THCP. I really miss those. I mostly avoid sativa at the dispensaries because no one finishes them. They always harvest early for $$$

Back
Top Bottom