First Plant First FIM

GrumpAzz

Wingin' it
Staff member
Contest Guy
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm head first into my first grow ever. Single plant RDWC aiming for a 3x3 SCROG.

I'm planning on giving her her first haircut. Never done this before and I wanna try to FIM it.

Is this about where I wanna make the cut?
20230530_201642.jpg20230530_201627.jpg

this is my first fuck i missed situation
6958229_grow-journal-by-biggerbud420barneys-farmacapulco-gold_m.jpg

Topping, for me, will lengthen veg time while fimming will promote growth without lengthening the veg time but I notice topping will produce more branching than fimming.
Fimming is meant to create more bud sites or colas, topping is meant to create more limbs. Two different processes two different results. I top twice and fim once before I table my scrogs.

Fimming is meant to create more bud sites or colas, topping is meant to create more limbs. Two different processes two different results. I top twice and fim once before I table my scrogs.
Oh? So that's why what I have been doing has worked out as well as it has!! 😄

I'll top them when they hit node 6 and then Fim a week or so before I flip.......I had no real idea of the difference as I considered them mostly the same but your explanation informs the mechanics behind my lucky mistake!!😄

Just the advice I needed right now. I was headed into to the back to clean my brand new snips to do my first haircut.

Oh? So that's why what I have been doing has worked out as well as it has!! 😄

I'll top them when they hit node 6 and then Fim a week or so before I flip.......I had no real idea of the difference as I considered them mostly the same but your explanation informs the mechanics behind my lucky mistake!!😄
When I set one for scrog, I top the first time at node four, I allow it to add two to three new nodes then I top at the second node on the new growth and I fim a week before going to flower.
That process sets that lady up for max production 🙂

this is how i scrog lol please forgive me
View attachment 5026View attachment 5027
I saw that the other day 🙂 You are actually trellising. A scrog requires a top heavy enough to hold down the branches with no give to it. When you scrog, to set the table all the branches are stretched out below the top, and do not grow through until the stretch period.
Not saying what you have done is not beneficial cuz it will be. I think the stand up one is super cool!
Keep shoving your branches under that trellis net and you can easily fill the entire top!

no i was trying to be serious you got all these dispensary's and states starting to legalize and commercial growers somebody should be educating people on a professional level to grow it
I actually do teach classes at least once a month. It could have been a full time job, but I don’t want one 🙂 I do appreciate the thought tho, it was the “higher learning “ I was giggling about.
You are right too, there is a lot of growing talent in this site!

I actually do teach classes at least once a month. It could have been a full time job, but I don’t want one 🙂 I do appreciate the thought tho, it was the “higher learning “ I was giggling about.
You are right too, there is a lot of growing talent in this site!
you could teach 4 months off 2 months make 2 or 300,000 have 2 classes a year make half million or more doing what u love lol all yall would just have to 2 or 3 classes a week lol

Back
Top Bottom