Help with soil.

This is the type of drip system I use when I want to auto water. Floraflex bubblers, so damn easy to setup, you just get some vinyl tubing, the bubbler, bubbler tubes and a pump. Done.

I would still say you dont need perlite in there....BUT I've never grown coco in that large of a container so I cant say for sure.
I tried using just coco the previous grow and I had problems throughout the grow with my run off ec constantly spiking , so I added perlite this time around and I've had no issues, maybe it's just luck I'm not sure but my run offs been on point all grow 🤷‍♂️

I tried using just coco the previous grow and I had problems throughout the grow with my run off ec constantly spiking , so I added perlite this time around and I've had no issues, maybe it's just luck I'm not sure but my run offs been on point all grow 🤷‍♂️
I had the same problem .spiking and low ph (nute buildup)just watering once in 5 gals.was still 70/30 .so I added more chunky perlite and went to 4 gals and no prob since.i very rarely go over 640 ppm Hanna 500 scale..

I had the same problem .spiking and low ph (nute buildup)just watering once in 5 gals.was still 70/30 .so I added more chunky perlite and went to 4 gals and no prob since.i very rarely go over 640 ppm Hanna 500 scale..
Yeah I've had no problems this time since adding perlite and feeding more frequently bud

I wanted to get away with feeding just once.seems to b working okay.. 😃

For sure the bigger the pot the more likely perlite would help. I honestly don't use perlite because if it gets dry and gets into the air and in your lungs it's really unhealthy.

I use 2 gallon pots and as long as you don't veg too long, plenty of room for the roots and I never go above 2x watering a day which is totally acceptable to me. Only thing I dont like about auto watering is that its hard to get every plant even saturation. Hand watering lets you baby each plant with the perfect amount of nutes. Hand watering lets me save lots of water/nutes vs auto.

I never thought of that with the perlite dust in the air…coughs 😄. That’s one benefit of hand watering ,some plants drinking more and some not so..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom