How to make the most potent canna butter ?

Jonnyboi84

Dank Daredevil
Reaction score
So I'm nearly at harvest and I normally make a batch of canna butter to make cakes/cookies etc, I follow steps of stuff I find online but its always hit and miss. So this time around I wanna make some knock out butter and make some nice cakes with it and figured that if there was anywhere or anyone with a sure fire way to get nice canna butter it wud be here ? Any advice wud be really appreciated as always, but yeah I've done a couple cakes lately (see pics) and my end goal is t make summat very similar but just switching the butter for canna butter
20240324_004704.jpg
20240327_200055.jpg
20240327_200023.jpg

I’d try it at a four hour max, decarb your weed, add lecithin, and use 8 gram of flower per stick of unsalted butter.

I use everclear to make oil first, then debarb, weigh it, and mix 6-10g per stick of butter. I did 6g last time and made 24 cookies- about as strong as 150mg gummy. I'm gonna try 10g next time. The main point is 1 stick of butter can hold lots of thc.

Last edited:
I use everclear to make oil first, then debarb, weigh it, and mix 6-10g per stick of butter. I did 6g last time and made 24 cookies- about as strong as 150mg gummy. I'm gonna try 10g next time. The main point is 1 stick of butter can hold lots of thc.
Thankyou 👍

Are you doing a QWET treatment here and then cooking it down till the bubbles stop?

Here is how I do it

1711620144770.jpeg

That is actually a bit of coconut oil in an etoh extraction to make it viscous at room temp. Butter works just as well. Then I measure the concentration when done. From there I can accurately dose and it is repeatable. To me that’s the worst part about edibles, one sends you to mars and the next one is meh.

So let’s say your target is 20 mg per piece of product. Think brownies for this example.

I’m gonna cut the tray of brownies into 10 pieces.

That means I need 200 mg of thc for the batch. So on that white widow, 1 ml is all I need for the batch.

Here is how I do it

View attachment 51945

That is actually a bit of coconut oil in an etoh extraction to make it viscous at room temp. Butter works just as well. Then I measure the concentration when done. From there I can accurately dose and it is repeatable. To me that’s the worst part about edibles, one sends you to mars and the next one is meh.

So let’s say your target is 20 mg per piece of product. Think brownies for this example.

I’m gonna cut the tray of brownies into 10 pieces.

That means I need 200 mg of thc for the batch. So on that white widow, 1 ml is all I need for the batch.
You’re right Moe I’ve overdosed way to many times on edibles and am extremely wary of them but I like how my body feels when I get it right…How are you calculating your thc per ml are you testing bud before extraction?

You’re right Moe I’ve overdosed way to many times on edibles and am extremely wary of them but I like how my body feels when I get it right…How are you calculating your thc per ml are you testing bud before extraction?
I use a process called TLC - Thin Layer Chromatography - to measure the individual cannabinoids in the end mixture.

Start with the ETOH extraction which is very high. Thin it out with coconut to make it non-viscous at room temp, and make measuring easier. 1ml still goes a long way. (could use butter)

Run a TLC test, end up with % of THC

Math.

Profit.

Process here:

TLC looks like this

1711632698899.png

It can be done without all this, but you will need to make several assumptions along the way. Not exactly error proof. I've made mistakes. My wife will no longer consume my edibles because she does not enjoy ego death or trips to mars.

I use a process called TLC - Thin Layer Chromatography - to measure the individual cannabinoids in the end mixture.

Start with the ETOH extraction which is very high. Thin it out with coconut to make it non-viscous at room temp, and make measuring easier. 1ml still goes a long way. (could use butter)

Run a TLC test, end up with % of THC

Math.

Profit.

Process here:

TLC looks like this

View attachment 51953

It can be done without all this, but you will need to make several assumptions along the way. Not exactly error proof. I've made mistakes. My wife will no longer consume my edibles because she does not enjoy ego death or trips to mars.
Wow this is great thanks!!!

I’m with your wife 😂😂

I want that Trip, I don't use edibles as of yet, just smoke joints but yesterday I consumed some keif hash that was great! I gotta retire to obtain more time to make RSO. Carry on.

I still have yet to make any edibles that get me stoned. I need like 500mg+ to even feel anything. I tried making some rosin chocolates and they turned out really good, so my friends tell me. I, however need something stronger lol. Basically just decarbed in an Instant pot then infused with chocolate. I didn't add lecithin...does it really make that much of a difference?

I make a concentrate first.then DECARB the concentrate .add it to the butter or oil or melted candy jolly ranchers and carmel work good.i just figure a gram of concentrate at 1000 mg of medicine.so 1 gram will make 20- 50mg candies or cookies or brownies.always double check your math.😅🤣😂

Last edited:
I still have yet to make any edibles that get me stoned. I need like 500mg+ to even feel anything. I tried making some rosin chocolates and they turned out really good, so my friends tell me. I, however need something stronger lol. Basically just decarbed in an Instant pot then infused with chocolate. I didn't add lecithin...does it really make that much of a difference?
Lecithin is a helper molecule that aids in faster takeup of thc. If 500mg is not enough, it won't help really.

You may be one of those unlucky ones who genetically can't do it right

Dr. Staci Gruber, who directs the Marijuana Investigations for Neuroscientific Discovery at McLean Hospital in suburban Boston, told the Globe that a gene known as CPY2C9 is behind the enzyme that helps metabolize THC. For some with a rare subtype of that gene, however, the process could essentially be too efficient: metabolizing THC into a waste product before the high-causing metabolite can enter the bloodstream.

I make a concentrate first.then DECARB the concentrate to the butter or oil or melted candy jolly ranchers and carmel work good.i just figure a gram of concentrate at 1000 mg of medicine.so 1 gram will make 20- 50mg candies or cookies or brownies.always double check your math.😅🤣😂
What is your preferred type of concentrate for infusing?

Lecithin is a helper molecule that aids in faster takeup of thc. If 500mg is not enough, it won't help really.

You may be one of those unlucky ones who genetically can't do it right

Dr. Staci Gruber, who directs the Marijuana Investigations for Neuroscientific Discovery at McLean Hospital in suburban Boston, told the Globe that a gene known as CPY2C9 is behind the enzyme that helps metabolize THC. For some with a rare subtype of that gene, however, the process could essentially be too efficient: metabolizing THC into a waste product before the high-causing metabolite can enter the bloodstream.
I heard of this actually and I can confirm I CAN get fked up on ebibles, but I think it might have something to do with the strain, terpenes, other cannabinoids of a batch vs one I am smoking on all the time. I will test this by making some edibles with my new harvest and not smoking it too much until I've tried the edibles (gonna be fkn hard lol).

Yeah I have yet to make some RSO but I wanna. Evidently I can't get Everclear in VA without a fricken license haha. So yeah one of these days I'll make a trip to DC to grab be a bottle and make some.

Yeah I have yet to make some RSO but I wanna. Evidently I can't get Everclear in VA without a fricken license haha. So yeah one of these days I'll make a trip to DC to grab be a bottle and make some.
Some people use iso. It is actually a better solvent, just need to reaaaly be careful and let 100% evaporate. Better in every way except the health risk which can be zero if you do it right.

I've been smoking pot for 55 years, never got high on eatables, I've tried but I'm smoking so much its hard to tell. I make infused MCT oil with decarbed buds. I just make sure to float the weed while cooking in the oil. No measurements add weed and float with oil, cook in double boiler for up to 4 hrs, stirring regularly and adding water to the bottom pot... My wife makes gummies with the oil, her molds give her gummies about 5mg each, 3 put her to sleep in about 1.5 - 2 hrs...

I drove to Maine to get the 70% stuff, about a 750 mile round trip 1 day last summer, Cost me a sm fortune with duty gas and all about 14 hrs of driving with smoke stops every so often, I brought 20 joints for the trip. 5 each on the way there 5 on the way home.
I freeze infused the decarbed weed, followed a Green Dragon formula of YT.
Its still sitting in a cupboard, the final evaporation hasn't been done yet. I've talked a couple of folks to try a shot as is.....great reaction...lol...no.one will take a second shot......lol....I' haven't taken any...I've sniffed it... that's close enough

Back
Top Bottom